Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria complaining about his absence in the NT, claiming he had one hell of a season and deserved to be called-up...

2. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    One player everyone is sleeping on. 23 years old, first season in the Premier League.

Buendia plays on the wing for Norwich, but I honestly believe that his best position is midfielder. He's not a forward because he doesn't score goals, but he is very creative and a progressive passer.

Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  3. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Based on current form, this would be my CA21 squad:

GK:
    Franco Armani
    Walter Benitez
    Juan Musso

CB:
    Marcos Senesi
    Lucas Martinez Quarta
    Lisandro Martinez
    Walter Kannemann

FB:
    Nico Tagliafico
    Marcos Acuna
    Gonzalo Montiel
    Juan Foyth

DM:
    Leandro Paredes
    Guido Rodríguez

CM:
    Giovanni Lo Celso
    Rodrigo De Paul
    Thiago Almada
    Emi Buendia

FW:
    Lucas Ocampos
    Joaquín Correa
    Lionel Messi
    Paulo Dybala

ST:
    Lautaro Martinez
    Sergio Aguero

Ofori repped this.
  4. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020

Out of this 23 man squad for Copa America 2021 my starting 11 would look like this (4-2-3-1):

GK- Musso (taking a chance on a keeper who is younger)
    LB- Tagliafico
    CB- Foyth
    CB- Lisandro Martinez
    RB- Montiel
    CDM- Paredes
    CDM- Guido Rodriguez
    LAM- Lionel Messi (captain)
    CAM- Joaquin Correa
    RAM- Paulo Dybala
    CF- Lautaro Martinez (lone striker up top)

My 11 would be a blend of experience and youth but a team that is much more faster on the ball and isn't slow

5. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    I agree with you.

It just doesn't make sense. He was getting minutes before the virus shutdown right? Didn't he even start a game or two?

This is pure speculation, but perhaps Palacios did something during quarantine that pissed off the management. After all, he isn't known for being the most disciplined guy off the field.

Perhaps he broke some rules or wasn't in great shape or something, and this is his punishment.

Ofori repped this.
  6. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would also go with Musso over Armani. I have a few reasons for that:

1. I think Musso has a higher ceiling
    2. Musso is younger and will give Argentina more years
    3. Musso is already arguably better. He’s been a top 5 goalkeeper in Serie A this season. Inter are interested in him replacing Handanovic.

My starting XI from the squad I picked above would be:

Musso
    Montiel - Quarta - Lisandro - Tagliafico
    De Paul - Paredes - Lo Celso
    Buendia
    Messi - Lautaro​

I feel that midfield diamond has the workrate and technical ability to overrun and outplay every other midfield in South America.

Dybala as a 10 doesn’t work against top opposition. He’ll be used as a supersub.

Ofori repped this.
  7. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    A 4-3-1-2 format is unique...don't see it often but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be 4-2-3-1

8. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    we tried the 4231 in the beginning match of the Copa 19 with Paredes and Guido as the 2 CDMs. We had a really hard time bringing the ball out from the back.

Besides, the 4312 has been working well so far and the players look more comfortable in that formation, why change it?

9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Since you put it like that then that makes sense but Messi partnering up with Lautaro as your 2 strikers yeah it is pretty deadly

10. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    #9435 DTCrackheads, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Leverkusen has a cup semifinal today at 2:45 est / 11:45 pst.

Havertz has an injury which is why Alario played last game and will probably continue to start. Before covid19 Palacios started 3 games, substituted in 1, and had 267 minutes of action.

Here is a recent article from the coach explaining why Palacios is not playing. I do not understand Spanish very well. There are Spanish subtitles there if anyone can roughly translate?

https://gol.caracoltv.com/informaci...madrid-no-jugar-en-alemania-nid225900-ie22789

Another article. Coach basically says we will be patient with him. He already had a long season in River, and now has to learn a new country, new system, new language, etc. Patience. He will have a bright future with the team.
    https://www.mdzol.com/deportes/2020...-en-el-leverkusen-por-que-no-juega-84121.html

11. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Palacios will always get the shaft which is unfortunate

12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just says he won't talk about why a player isn't playing, and that he has his reasons. Then goes on to say he always talks to his players about why they aren't playing and he's doing the same with Palacios. He's already demonstrated he's a good player and is continuing to do so.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice goal by Alario.

locoxriver repped this.
  14. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Our boy (Palacios) came on in the 70th minute today in place of Chilean Aranguiz when the score was already 3-0.

Overall easy match for Leverkusen. Facing a 3rd tier side that hasn't played in 80 or so days.

Alario started and scored the 2nd goal in the 19th minute.

15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Alario will probably get a call up before Palacios does

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Story of Dybala’s life... Reminds me of Sampaoli saying he “can’t” play with Messi

17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    The problem isn't Dybala...it is the players he plays with if you want my honest opinion

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria played with CR and Messi aswell and connects well with both. Shouldnt be any excuses from the trainer.

19. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Di Maria is a winger/attacking midfielder while Dybala is more of a second striker.

I think that players like Lo Celso, Buendia, and De Paul are more suited to playing with Messi because they work harder defensively and provide more cover (as well as creativity).

20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Then Dybala should be a lone striker up front

21. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Dybala is too good to ride the bench much longer. He also looked good with Messi in the last couple games they played together. Need to work a front three of Messi + Aguero/Lauturo + Dybala. Give them 3 strong midfielders in behind who will work hard, cover, track back, and create (I'm looking at you Paredes, Palacios, Lo Celso, De Paul).

I hope Lo Celso stays at a more central role in Tottenham where he has to fight to win the ball back. That is where we need him in the NT.

Ofori repped this.
  22. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Foyth to Leeds... not a terrible move considering their coach but clearly a step down. Like I said earlier about him hes stagnated heavily and others have passed him.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Leeds manages to get promoted then it’s a good move. If they remain in the second division then it is a poor move.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Coincidentally, Pastore just spoke on the matter:

“Creo que podría haber sido mejor, mucha gente me lo dice. Cuando llego a París venia de un año Palermo muy bueno, me sentía líder dentro de la cancha. Cuando llegaron jugadores como Ibra, que tomó mucho la responsabilidad del equipo, que fue la estrella, no que dejé de jugar pero dejé que el lugar de estrella lo tomara él. Siempre he tenido la mentalidad de querer ganar, pero nunca pensé en ser el mejor del mundo."

https://www.tycsports.com/libero/ja...mentalidad-de-ser-el-numero-uno-20200611.html

He also made mention of how poor the quality of the French league is and how it plays against the players in the long-run when it comes to playing internationally:

“En la liga francesa en los últimos años [PSG] es muy superior a los demás, es muy fuerte individualmente, muchas veces los partidos están definidos en el primer tiempo y no seguís trabajando en el mismo ritmo los 90 minutos. Es lo que hace falta en los partidos de Champions, que no te podés dormir ni un segundo. Quizás pasás en Francia un mes jugando con equipos que te hacen poca fuerza”.

SupaMario repped this.
  25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Messi, Dybala and Lautaro would be my front 3