Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That first goal its basically what you do when you growing up watching Messi every week lol

ShortyMac, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  2. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Also like Palacios seems to have good vision and attempts thru balls like Riquelme.

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  3. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Mac Allister has not looked good and seems weak. I would like to see Zaracho there or even Lanzini.

I like the formation. Seems to be a 4-1-4-1 that sometimes plays as a diamond with extra midfield support.

Paredes, Acuna, and Palacios seem to be taking on a hybrid role of AM and DM with Palacios pushing the most forward and carving passes like Riquelme (but not as good yet)!

De Paul a workhorse but not having the greatest of touches this game. Mac Allister looking lost and weak in possession.

4. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We might've caused Tata's job; the Mexican press is going to kill him tomorrow.

5. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was riding an 11 game unbeaten streak into this, so he will get some leeway plus the fact it's us that beat them.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its only friendly but yea, losing by big margin will always put some preasure on any manager.

7. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lautaro is a superstar, so is Palacios. Nothing else needs to be said regarding this game.

Against Germany, I would be interested in this kind of lineup:

Andrada
    Montiel - Otamendi - Quarta - Tagliafico
    Paredes
    Lanzini - De Paul - Palacios - Correa
    Martinez​

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Beating the Honduras’, Guatemala and the Americans is not impressive.

As for beating Mexico, it’s pretty much a given. They know it and we know it.

Time to continue to grow. We have the talent, we just need to piece it together.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mexico is weak but at least we made it justified with the scoreline. I'd be disappointed if its 1-0 or 0-0. I dont understand Rojo's existence on the current team. Palacios and Parades looks great helping to split the defence for Lautaro. These players started to click well.

Lautaro scored 9 goals for Inter last season , in comparison...he has scored 8 goals this year for national team.

10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SupaMario repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A side note and a bit late but our basketball is into the semis of the FIBA WC after beating Serbia. The Serbs have a strong team, with the likes of Jokic, Bogdanovic and a couple other NBA players. I think it is a great victory. Now we are up against the French who eliminated the States. They are the favorites to win the entire thing, IMO.

And this guy was pretty good too at shooting hoops.
    [​IMG]

Rattlehead repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember Lucho Figueroa? The guy had a knack to score goals for the national team. He had something like 9 in 15. He’d always found the back of the net. He would’ve made the 06 side... but you know, injuries and we took Julio Cruz and Palacio instead.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacio played in 2 WC, amazing feat.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully, those days are behind us and we our young talented forwards actually do something in front of the net rather than make themselves look foolish and become ostracized from humanity.

I really hope Lautaro develops. I still question some of us judgements and he tends to be overly selfish at times but he finds the back of the net. He is just 22, so he has time to fix his issues. And it does appear he plays better alone up-top. But let’s wait and see and continue to observe his development.

Rattlehead repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Young players that are great dribblers tend to be selfish , I mean its not just Lautaro... Messi, Tevez, Aguero all did similar stuff in their younger days. Messi and Aguero still does that occassionally, Di Maria probably the only one that never change.. he stopped evolving after 23 and we literally saw the same version of him since then.

I'm impress with Lautaro not just because his finishing but he's very mobile and never look static when he's not on the ball. The second goal from Palacios pass showed his awareness and clinical finish. He easily could have scored 4 goals if wasnt Parades taking his penalty. He actually won that penalty in similar way as in Copa againast Paraguay.

Figueroa was top striker for few years but after 2005, he became as good as Maxi Lopez.

16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lamela scored today for Spurs against Crystal Palace

1172885218031800321 is not a valid tweet id

17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Otamendi gift wraps a goal to Norwich with the laziest turnover I've ever seen. :thumbsdown:

18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just watched the highlights against Mexico, Palacios was involved in every goal. He should play as playmaker rather than central mid. Palacios, De Paul, Lanzini, Lameal and J Correa is a very promising group of attacking mids. Acuna has been playing well in central mid, it may be best to keep him there with Paredes and find a new alternate for left-back.

I only see a gap in right back, plus finding the right alternates at left back and striker for this new generation of players.

GK:Benitez, Musso, Andrada
    RB: Saravia, Montiel
    CB: Foyth, Romero, L Martinez, Quarta, Kanneman
    LB: Tagliafico
    DM: Paredes, Ascacibar, Battaglia
    CM: Acuna, Lo Celso, Zaracho
    PM: Palacios, Lanzini, J Correa
    WG: De Paul, Lamela, Pereyra
    FW: Martinez, Dybala, A Correa
    ST: Icardi, Alario

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8669 SupaMario, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Musso was fantastic today v Inter. Even though they lost, he made some ridiculous saves. Kept the game respectable at 1-0.

De Paul got a harsh red card.
    Lautaro came on in the second and had a couple of moments where he linked up well, could've perhaps scored but wasn't his day.
    Pussetto came on late and that's about it.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacios with this lovely long distance goal today

Right now Real Madrid must be regretting letting the chance to grab him for pennies slip in January.

Burr, Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many of these younger guys started the season really well, hopefully they all could maintain their best form when next Copa came around.

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alexander Barboza has gotten off to a rough start at Independiente, receiving boos from the crowd yesterday vs Lanus and practically a unanimous call for his sub (Alan Franco) to take his starting spot immediately. Although some of his teammates are also doing poorly, Barboza has been the main point of critique for Independiente fans.

Based on what I had seen from him in River, it was quite clear he was far from NT level, and now his form in el rojo ratifies that. I’m not quite sure why some people here are fond of him (perhaps they just peeped his physical attributes), but he shouldn’t even be in the discussion unless he makes huuuuge strides, especially with the likes of Martinez Quarta, Foyth, Romero, Lisandro Martinez, etc showing promise for quite some time now.

SupaMario repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For those in the States. It will premiere on HBO on October 1st. And it should really good. It is the same director who did the Senna documentary, which is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I always amazed by how much footage of the little man exist even though he's playing day was 3-4 decades ago. He must have been followed by camera 24/7. You can possibly find a video of Maradona doing any random things lol.

25. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lautaro comes out with Inter losing 1-0 to Slavia Praha at home. Had a couple chances but obviously not a great game by them so far.