Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well... At least the likes of Lisandro Martinez, Cristian Romero, Ascacibar are all on Scaloni’s radar(I know Batista is the manager but I’m sure there will be some type of tabs being kept on them).

Dafaq is Rojo doing there?
    Guido Rodriguez... good lord.

Foyth is injured so it is expected he’ll miss out.

Good for Gaich making it. We are short on forwards. So, having him there, to be around the guys is good. Bravo to Scaloni for calling up a youngster and planning for the future and not selecting an older forward that shouldn’t be there *cough... Mati Suarez*. Not to mention, European sides like Betis, Everton, Feyenoord all are interested, which will probably drive his value up.

Tucu Correa. Yes. Finally.
    RDP
    Palacios
    Lanzini

These are all positives, I just hope the latter can stay healthy.

Personally, I would’ve liked to have seen Menossi be given a look...

I think there is more good than bad here. Now if we can use some of the U23s and bleed them in with the senior side, then we have a real team for 2022.

2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm kinda worried that some of the players that are in the U-23 (L. Martinez, Romero, Ascacibar and etc.) won't feature in the Copa 2020 if Arg. qualifies for the Olympics. I think not many clubs want to release their players for 2 international tournaments in the same summer (I remember only one case that Neymar had to choose between the Olympics 2016 and the Copa 2016 and he chose the Olympics.)

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Technically, clubs don’t even have to release players for the olympics. The genius that was Tata Martino four years ago stated the reason he didn’t call Dybala to the CAC was because he wanted to take him to the Olympics and this is before he consulted with Juve and Juve simply said no. I hope Scaloni talks to the clubs and finds a compromise. That is of course, if we qualify.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get MacAllister getting called up beyond the random Boca guy that apparently needs to be there. Salvio probably more deserving than him.

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pezzella is rubbish, he needs to go as soon as possible. Why has Icardi been left out this time, about time he gets an international tournament.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering Icardi hasn’t played in the pre-season at all and is only permitted to kick the ball around on the corner of Inter’s training field, his exclusion is justified. I’m a fan of his, no doubt but he’s done nothing but shoot himself in the foot over the last 6-8 months. He was called up by Scaloni and did fine then that entire debacle with Inter has left him in the dark. If he comes back and bangs in his goals there would be a case to be made but right now isn’t the time.

Burr, soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Despite that Icardi still should be on the team, hopefully he completes a transfer and begins to play soon. From that list, only Armani, Marchesin, Rojo and Otamendi can be said to be part of the "Messi" generation. Scaloni has begun the transitioning process, it seems like CA19 may have been the last crack at it for almost all of these players who took over following CA07.

The season has just started so for now this would be my starting line-up:

Armani
    Foyth - Martinez - Kanneman - Tagliafico
    Paredes - Palacios - Lamela - De Paul
    Dybala - Icardi

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont know how Rojo could get into the list.. Di Maria's gone yet we decided to carry another deadweight.

Messi probably will continue to play till 2022, at least from his words before Copa, he has desire to play on that WC. Right now, I'd give Gaich some minutes in senior team since Icardi simply out of the picture at least for time being.

Its a good thing that Messi would miss some games cause Dybala probably will start and hopefully play full minutes. He's always been late sub or being subbed in second half which affected his confidence.. now Scolani has seen what he's capable off in recent Copa, so he better be in starting line up alongside Lautaro.

As for those few who's still u23 next year, I think between Copa and Olympic, they should play in Copa. We're not in same situation as Brazil in 2016 when they're hosting the Olympics and has never win the soccer tournament before.

We have won 2 Olympics since 2000s and we will co-hosted the Copa , so Copa should be the main goal.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kannemann is being linked to Fiorentina and Roma.

Serie A’s transfer window closes on the 2nd of Sept, so a lot of questions will be answered by then.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Appears there will be yet another collision course between Boca and River in the CL. Both teams are well ahead of their first leg ties and should be able close to close out in the second. Boca are up 3-0 and are returning back to La Bombonera. River are up 2-0 and will have to travel Asunción vs Cerro... They aren’t a very good, so River should be able to close this out. Stranger things have happened but it does appear we will be treated to another Boca-River tie. Unfortunately, it will be in only be the semis rather than a final. But knowing how sketchy CONMEBOL is, I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved each of the four teams on the other end of the side of the bracket so there would be a possibility to have an all Argentina or Brasil final. Last year’s final had to be the highest ever ratings and a ton of money will be made.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The selections made are excellent with a real eye to the future.

We have huge potential emerging that needs to be blended with Messi and well the rest are hardly seasoned internationals either but we are going in the right direction.

The issue lies in defence that the promising kids are still too raw so we need to hold onto Otamendi as a mentor for example. I am surprised Balerdi is included in the first squad over Martinez who has played well with Ajax albeit the competition is not of the highest level.

Balerdi will no doubt play in Dortmund II but is a fourth level club although he is going to be training with the main squad and he will get his chances with Toprak sent to Bremen they at Dortmund have not signed him to rot in the reserves.

Good to see Vargas already make a mark at Espanyol and stake a claim for a first team spot. Too many of our kids are allowed to waste away, Lo Celso and Asascibar only got their first team chances via injury and made the most of them.

Santi should still be on course for the first team. Alario should also still be on the radar. He had a very good closing end to the BL season including a hat trick against Hertha on the last day of the season.

Good bye as well to Banega and di Maria. Loyal servants but the time has come to mark the end of an era.

Cannot however believe Guido Rodriguez is still there and that Rojo has been recalled. Rojo is however looking to move away from Manchester United with several mooted destinations. Romero should be brought in and Santi for Guido is a no brainer. Very pleased to see Nicolas Dominguez at last recognized and Robertone also getting looked at.

Saravia swapped for Figal is a bit harsh on a player who was not fully fit at the Copa. Hope this is not a discarding move. Senesi also deserves his call up and Quarta is once more fulfilling his great potential while Franco has fallen off the radar. It will be interesting to see how Barboza does at Independiente and if he can also force himself into the reckoning.

Musso and Benitez also have been left out which is disappointing as they should be the successors to Armani. Blazquez who is training with Los Che's first team squad was the keeper backstopping the COTIF team to success and looks a real talent as well with the size, positioning and agility to be top class and better than Roffo certainly.

While we have a real collection of talent emerging thes kids must make playing a priority, becoming the focal point for their team and improving game to game learning from their mistakes and raising their level. Too many become lazy, don't play enough or push themselves hard enough.

Dybala is making a big mistake at his age by not moving to a club where he would be the number one and have all the attendant responsibility and pressure. Pressure makes the boy a man. He needs to leave Juventus and find a sympathetic club and manager. Turning down Tottenham over image rights is very short sighted indeed.

locoxriver, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Dybala's transfer saga with Tottenham had more to do with the timing. The image rights is a complicated issue, and I don't think it is up to him. It is his old company that still have the rights and want something in the neighborhood of 30 million for it. There was some type of steps that were taken to have this resolved but they simply ran out of time. Poch was quite upset about this and he gave an interview saying he doesn't understand why the EPL window closes much earlier than the rest of Europe. Tottenham wanted Dybala and I believe Dybala was fine with going to London.

He completely rejected United though, which was a good move. They are in disarray right now. I'd rather he stays with Juve than join United.

And finally, I am still interested in seeing Dybala under Sarri. That is if they keep him. The Neymar deal is apparently the domino that will need to fall and if it does fall then he could be on his way to PSG(sigh). If it doesn't and if Juventus do not put Dybala on their CL squad, then he may move to Tottenham in the Winter. But if he doesn't end up at PSG and is on the CL side, then a rejuvenated Dybala under Sarri could be something that will be interesting. Allegri was an idiot and Dybala wasted many good years under this nincompoop. Playing Dybala on the wings, playing him as a 10... SMH. Even as a fan, I saw this wasn't working nor will it ever.
    --------
    Lautaro is an interesting case as well. Conte is trying to get Alexis Sanchez and this will mean Lautaro will be on the bench. Not a good thing for his progression. I was hoping he'd be a starter by now. But Conte wants a washed-up Alexis Sanchez rather than go with a talent like Lautaro? No wonder Italian football is stuck where it's at, they don't bother developing any young players. It is the same pragmatic and lethargic brand of football.

Also, there is a possibility that Icardi will return back to Inter? Both he and Lautaro will be on the bench. Icardi only wants Juve and Inter do not want to sell him to their rival. All of this drama

13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Player round up.

Pereyra suffering a minor injury did not play as we once again lost to West Ham. Lanzini looked off the pace and very unthreatening.

In Russia Mammanna did not play as Zenit lost to Ufa while Rigoni fluffed his lines to score but was rather active all over the final third but looked less than exceptional.

In the bug Portuguese derby Marchesin shut out Benfica 2-0. Saravia was not even on the subs bench. He is deemed to be medically unfit still and probably was at the Copa.

Colidio did not feature as Sint Truiden drew with Zulte Zwaregem. Alario only came on as a late substitute as Leverkusen swept to a 3-0 but looked sharp in his ten minute cameo. He is behind Volland in the pecking order unfortunately.

Ocampos was his usual busy all action self but his crossing was poor and did not offer much in attack although Sevilla won 1-0 while Chimy Avila was also rather quiet in Osasuna's 0-0 draw with Villareal playing down the left he also missed a great chance to earn the Submarine a win.

14. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Lo Celso came on in the 62nd minute against Newcastle and did not look very threatening. Tottenham were already down 1-0 and Pochettino's men didn't look very good.

15. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Tottenham are looking horrible. They don't know how to find space but it seems they always struggle against newcastle. Lamela had his arms up asking for the ball many times not that he did anything when he got it but there was no space at all. I hope he gets his confidence this season especially after the bad luck injury he had.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is what espn said about Lo Celso’s game.

MF Giovani Lo Celso, 7 -- Showed real initiative when coming on with a number of strong surges into the box. Through ball led to Kane's penalty shout.

This is what they said about Coco

AMF Eric Lamela, 5 -- Was able to open up some space on occasion but his final delivery was lacking throughout the course of the game, most notably during a well-positioned free-kick early in the second half. Substituted in the 62nd minute.

And yes Tottenham are not playing very well right now.

Some news from over the weekend.... Dybala did not feature. It was supposedly a tactical issue and not him still being linked to an exit:)rolleyes:).

De Paul came off and within 30 seconds provided an assist from the CK for Udinese’s win over Milan.

Inter play tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if Lautaro starts.

locoxriver and Rattlehead repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It’s ridiculous (and ironic) how Alario was just completely erased from the conversation after his move to the Bundesliga. He’s still one of the best Argentine forwards, and while I’m not saying to make him the number 9, he certainly deserves consideration before the muertos that got a chance like Benedetto and Simeone (who Fiorentina are trying to offload, btw). Hopefully Scaloni considers him, but unfortunately it seems he may have to leave Leverkusen in order to get another chance with the albiceleste.

Regarding Barboza, I understand his tall physique is interesting for a CB, but I don’t think he’s any where close to NT quality at the moment. Sure, he has put in some good campaigns with Defensa y Justicia and has a good scoring ratio for a defender, but during his time at River he was very slow, easily beaten, and showed flaws in fitting in within an offensive scheme. Who knows, maybe he’ll grow in the future, but for now there are pleeenty of CBs who are much better than him.

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    locoxriver repped this.
  19. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Speaking of Alario, he's been called up for the Sept. friendlies today. :) There's also news that Alario has been called up due to the possible transfer of Dybala to PSG.

locoxriver repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excellent news!

soul24rage repped this.
  21. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boca vs. River in Libertadores semis

[​IMG]

Hopefully everyone can behave themselves this time and not embarrass the country. :rolleyes:

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So no one’s going to mention Higuain’s golazo vs Napoli? :whistling:

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is meant to be a thread for Argentina NT players, who will in essence be a part of the seleccion currentlt or in the future. Not no washed up has been, correction, never was... But hey, if we are going that route, we should discuss Germán Denis as well who is in the Serie C.

Thus, stay on topic, loco...

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Idk man, it’s never too late to make a comeback in CA2020 :D