Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2010-2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since the new season has all but kicked off, I believe a new thread should be started.

Watching Sevilla y Barca right now. Messi is not in the starting line-up but G.Milito is for Barca. Fazio and Perotti are both starting for Sevilla. Fazio is somewhat to blame for the goal. Perotti has looked pretty good, couple beautiful moves and plays. Got stripped by Dani Alives though.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2010-2011

Barca down 3-1, Perotti gave a great cross for the Sevilla's 3rd goal. The kid is lightning quick, just skipped past Dani Alves and came close scoring himself. Having a good game for himself, he is a workhorse. Messi is in, but has not done much.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Aguero scored his second goal in club friendly but his team lost.

btw, is Aguero will be staying on atletico? I think after scoring no less than 20 goals in each of last 3 seasons, its time for him to move to better club.

4. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Perotti is turning into quite some player, let's hope Checho selects him for the match against Spain.

5. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Perotti is probably the perfec backup for Di Maria and if he does play well then he can probably take his place in Batista's system

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perotti has just as much style as Di Maria. He looks even stronger on the ball(physically stronger), so it is not not impossible that Perotti starts over Di Maria. If Di Maria gets benched in Madrid and Perotti keeps up a good form in Sevilla then there should be no reason why Di Maria starts over him. But yes I agree, they are perfect replacements for each other.

7. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

Yea hes more of a midfielder than a striker he helps in making plays and creating chances but Di Maria is more of a flat out winger with great dribbling and crossing techniques so it really depends on the formation and style if you're gonna play Perotti in a 4-1-4-1 system then you must have a left fullback behind him but if you're playing a 4-3-3 system than i like Di Maria better however Perotti should be selected because he can either play on the left or the right side so hes a great backup on both flanks.

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I would be willing to give Perotti his chance. He impressed me last season. Then again that's how bad Di Maria was at the WC.

9. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Perotti has been making a name for himself in Spain for the last two seasons now, pushing Spanish talent Capel to the bench is no small feat. And he can also play centrally behind the forwards. He deserves a chance.

Di Maria has all the talent but will have to prove himself under Mourinho. And he has Pedro Leon infront of him I think.

10. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

Yup Perotti is a really good passer almost playmaker like passing ability.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Coloccini is embarassing himself against Manchester United. He's already made two or three horrible mistakes.

12. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe that it was you that brought up this kids name last year. You were very high on him and I decided to track him. Initially I was skeptical but that has since subsided. Now would be a good time to bring him in and get him accustomed to the NT. Hopefully we can get him up to speed before the CA.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe Batista was at the Sevilla game, so he must of impressed him. So I believe he will be apart of our team shortly, I bet he will get called up vs Spain.

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    welcome back to top flight futbol, right?

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi told by Argentina teammate Palermo he lacks Maradona's leadership skills
    By The Associated Press (CP) – 8 hours ago
    BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — Lionel Messi has been criticized by Argentina teammate Martin Palermo, who says the Barcelona star lacks the leadership qualities that Diego Maradona had when he led Argentina to the 1986 World Cup title.
    Palermo said Monday in a television interview that Messi doesn't have the ability to carry the team through difficult moments. He compared Maradona's humble roots in growing up in a Buenos Aires slum to Messi's youth, which was spent playing for Barcelona.
    The 36-year-old Palermo was one of six strikers on Argentina's squad at the World Cup, but played only 13 minutes in South Africa and is unlikely to have a future with the national team.

16. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is something that has been spoken about before and I wou;d wager that he's not that wrong.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi is 23, not his Leo's problem that he played in Barca when he was 13 and Diego was in the slums at the same age. Oh well....

18. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Palermo should worry more about playing for Boca first.

19. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    This is not a big deal with Messi. Maybe it's not in his nature to get a whole team excited.

The same might apply for xavi/iniesta. It has zero significance

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No it's not Lio's problem but it does show how environment influences development of character.

21. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

And that has nothing to do with football so Palermo shouldnt be talking out of his a$$ :D

22. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Development of character? He went from getting wrongly red carded in his debut to being the best player in the world. Yes, I know it doesn't really fit into your post and that wasn't your point, just felt like posting that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xEFEJHxJ8"]YouTube- Lionel Messi's debut for Argentina 2005 Friendly vs Hungary. A red card within moments of entering[/ame]

Today (August 17) marks Messi's 5th year with the National Team. He got sent off (the video above) on August 17, 2005.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its about 17 years without winning a single thropy, it's a burrial for the Argentine players... I'll bet they're carrying that burden while against the strong side. Also in the last 17 years, no matter who's the manager, they always able to beat team like Ivory, Nigeria, Serbia, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Mexico, USA, Greece etc. But when playing against Holland, Spain, Germany & Brazil, that's a different story.

Palermo has the point, just because you hate this guy with passion, just because we might think he never deserve to be in 2010 squad... He's right on that one. Yes Messi becoming best player in the world, but it was based from his peformance in Barcelona and he also won olympic & world youth cup as a youngster... but the Argentina senior team achievement? we're still waiting for one since Batistuta double in 93 CA final.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    The problem is that people insist on comparing Messi now to Maradona at his best. Messi is 23, he's a forward, and he's not someone to run a midfield. And he still has tume to grow

We've been over this a million times and why its impossible to compare Messi at Barca and the role he plays there with the role for the NT.

25. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    The reason why Palermo is dump enough to comment like this is because 1st of all Messi is only 23 and 2nd of all if you dont give him the captaincy right now and push him to leading the team and start building it in him right now then you can never build a leadership role in him. I think what Batista is doing is right make him the captain and let him be comfortable in that role make him talk to his teammates and then by 2014 hes set to go.