Argentine Contingent at Depor

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by in da soup, Nov 30, 2005.

1. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    as an argentina fan living in england, i don't get to see many depor games, especially now that they are not in the champs league. i'm wondering how their argentine contingent are doing, with a view to the world cup in germany?

scaloni and duscher have been there a while, both have represented their country, and duscher seems to be the target of a couple of english clubs.

would you say either of these two are playing sufficiently well to be considered for the world cup?

are they playing at all, or is the coach leaving them out of the team?

are they popular with the fans, and are they happy at the club?

coloccini is more likely to make the squad for germany, i wonder how he is doing?

is he a success at depor?

is he one of the top defenders in spain?

would you say he has sufficient quality to be in the argentine national team?

thank you for any answers.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd say Duscher is playing good enough. He's be in fine form and of course is in high demand in England. Scaloni would be a nice choice too, but they probably won't be any better than subs for Argentina.

Duscher is starting and well liked by the coach. Scaloni wasn't playing for a while, but things have changed and now he's starting in the middle along with Duscher. They make a pretty good team in the middle.

Duscher wasn't too popular with the fans, but now that he's playing well, I think the fans are accepting him. I believe Scaloni's pretty popular with the fans. Duscher maybe content being at Depor, but he still wants out so he can get paid. Scaloni was unhappy earlier (because he wasn't playing), but he seems content now, but neither will renew their contract with Depor when they are up.

I believe he's had some injury concerns lately. As he hasn't started the last two matches. Right now he's the third choice central defender after Andrade and Juanma. When he plays, he usually does well though.

I believe he's been successful at Depor. He really helped our defense last year.

I wouldn't say so yet........sorry but he's not even the best defender on Depor.

I'd say yes, but I'm not that familiar with the Argentine defense, so I don't know what you guys are looking for. He seems to be called up a lot though.

You're welcome I hope I was helpful..........maybe someone else can give you better answers.

3. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    okay thank you for your answers. it sounds like duscher is doing well and in with a chance of making the squad for germany. i don't know how old he is but it seems his form is good enough to interest big english clubs like newcastle and man utd.

i think scaloni is old now, i'm not sure, so his chances are probably less.

colo seems to be popular with the argentine coach. his competitors in terms of a place in the centre of defence for argentina are:

ayala (valencia)
    samuel (inter)
    gonzalo (villarreal)
    milito (zaragoza)

out of the five of them, one of them won't make it. how do you compare colo to these other four? as you can see, colo has some strong competition for his place. i'm sad that he's not a first-choice for depor, i'm v surprised, colo has a good reputation in argentina but i think he maybe lacks pace.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Duscher is 26 and Scaloni is 27, so neither is too old.

Well I recognize Ayala's and Samuel's names, but the other two I don't know. But if Coloccini continues to sit, he may miss out, unless an injury occurs to one of the others. Personally I hope he makes the Argentine squad and does well, but he is still young so his time may come.

5. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    okay thanks.