Argentinan team with 12th player on the field

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by juanse_moncayo, Mar 9, 2006.

1. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Last night I was shocked at how the second goal was given to River Plate. Not only had the team been already morally killed but it lacked of any skills to play against an inspired El Nacional de Ecuador. What the Colombian Betancourt did was not only give a goal that did not exist to River but to kill the spirit of a very inspired team and create a miracle for River. I guess the necesity to keep Argentinian teams in the Libertadores is greater than morality in futbol.

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't see the game, but the colombian press is giving betancourt center stage at the moment, and critizicing his performance. I guess linesman/refs have a bad day from time to time, but it sucks for the Ecuadorian team none the less.

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a ********ing dirtbag that Colombian ref is. My God. El nacional played a great game and should have at least came away with a tie. I hope the Conmebol does something about this!!

4. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This brings back memories of that farce game between River and mexican side Santos Laguna a few years back that had to be decided in penalty kicks.

River kicked the penalty (I believe it was that little midget prick Gallardo), the ball hit the upper bar, came back down and never crossed the line! NEVER! What's even worst is that it was a penalty!!! Why you ask? Because in a penalty kick, the linesman stands next to that very same line! bullshit. total bullshit call.

If River missed that penalty they would've lost the game and Santos Laguna would've advanced onto the latter stages. River won at the end of course.

Big coincidence from yesterday's game at the very same place and it favoured the very same team.

El Nacional lost a huge lead, so they must blaming themselves for losing this game, but the call was indeed ridiculous and total bullshit.

5. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    read my post in world rivalries.it's a fact.river pays referees (gustavo méndez,brazenas).and i don't only blame river,boca too

6. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i completely agree, at the end of the day the only responsible for their lost was El Nacional. However we all know how events like the one Betancourt created affect the development of the game and the stamina of the team. Nacional could have at least had a tie.

7. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Not just River and Boca son, all Archeatinos teams.This is a sure fact They want to asegurase de que un equipo Argentino este in la final no matter what.:mad: