Argentina vs Spain, September 7 (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Volrath, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ok, so let me get this straight- arsenal would beat real madrid and barcelona... this is pure comedy.

arsenal could beat inter???? Inter completely controlled Chelsea, a team that routinely destroys Arsenal

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    No more personal insults please.

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i said that inter and barca are better teams than arsenal the past 4 years. please don't twist my words around

before we go off topic any further, point i'm trying to make is that calling fabregas over rated b/c arsenal can only finish in top 3/4 of the EPL the past 4 years is not correct considering 2 of those teams that have consistently finished ahead of arsenal are 2 of the top 4 teams of the past 4 years. inter milan and barcelona would make up the other top 2 teams in europe. i clearly stated that before and now you twist my words around.

saying that pastore is already better than fabregas is premature when pastore has done nil for at the international level and has only faced competition in italy and played in 2 games of europa league - that's it and noone can dispute that.

fabregas has at least proven that he is world class by being an integral part of arsenal who has consistently been within the top 8 of the champions' league over the past 4 years and has been integral to his country in wining the euro cup, strong WCQ campaign and being on the wc squad for 2010 (i'll admit that his role in 2010, was minimal in relation to his other contributions to spain).

nevertheless, pastore has potential, is good, i rate him highly and hopefully make the right choices to improve his game over time. until that time happens, only xavi and sneijder are better playmakers than cesc...

4. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i would say riquelme is better, when on his A game, than all of them

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    in my eyes - he was the player of the year for 2007. he's one of the few players who i woulnd't mind having a good game against colombia - haha

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cesc would be at the same level as Diego(Not our Diego, but Brazi's Diego) if he was playing in the Serie A or Bundesliga. He would have some good games and some games he would be shadowed out. I remember Diego had a few spells of great games early on and he was world class, top 5 player in the world :rolleyes:. He was nowhere to be found after October-ish. As many people have said, it is all about the EPL hype and those who build them up. Last year Rooney was unstoppable,he had a more complete game than Messi(Yawn),Berbatov was known as Berbaflop,Lampard and Stevie G were 2 of the best MF's in the world :rolleyes:. Ledley King King could be one of the best defenders if he can stay healthy. Now Berbatov is a genius, is Rooney's ever going to come back, Chelsea will waltz and win the trophies with the big ears. Cesc goes to Italy goes to Germany I promise you, you will not hear that much about him. But like I said, he will end up in Barcelona and still have to chase a players legacy. At Arsenal it is Bergkamp and Henry and Barca he will be chasing Messi(Who might become the clubs greatest player, should be the convo for the top 5, no?).

Yeah that's right Cesc hang onto Messi's shoulder, you're going to be great at it.

[​IMG]

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I'm closing the thread for now maybe we'll open it up later. This match has been over for a while and really this isn't the thread or forum to discuss Arsenal, Cesc, Chelsea, the EPL, or any of that. It's also attracting a very annoying troll.

1 person likes this.