Argentina vs Spain, September 7 (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Volrath, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariella

Mariella Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've watched the game two-and-a-half times now.

Obsessed much?

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wait for the game against Brazil.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can't wait for that! I yelled at some Brazilians over the weekend, felt kind of good.

4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What did you say?

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Just told them to #### off. They were annoying the living life out of me.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's good therapy for what happened in the summer.

But then it makes one think what might have been. I'm getting my fill of what might have been moments.......1998, 1994, 2002, 2006, 2010.........:(

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know 98,02(exclude it) and 06 we battled ourselves into the QF. This time we just breezed into it with Diego as the DT. The 98 game vs England took years off my life and so did the game vs Mexico in 06.Makes you wonder what may of been.

I did not bring up 94 because of the scandal, but again what may of been :(.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    98 & 06 were very respectable showing. 2002 was hard to explain, 2010 was tactical + psychological failure in that QF game. With great mental strength and right tactic that German side can be beaten 5-1 with material that Argentina had.

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    yes, but despite that, they all "bled for the shirt,"so I know that made Cosmos VERY happy. ;)

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, if my teams bleeds for their shirt then I'm happy, win or lose. Remember you always learn more losing than you do winning. So we have been picking up ALOT of knowledge over the past 20 something years!

VAMOS ARGENTINA C A R A J O!!!

11. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LMAO are u insinuating that Pastore is/will be better than Fabregas?

Wow you must be poppin pills with Maradona...

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well 1, look on what forum you are on. 2, I believe Cesc is overrated to the max. Sorry! Had he had been playing in Italy,Germany, people would not make such a fuss over him. Looked at Torres, was pretty much a decent play for ATL Madrid, goes to Liverpool becomes the second greatest thing since the Beatles. 3, Cesc and Pastore's style's are nothing alike. Pastore plays a bit like Roman and a bit like Kaka, and he is still getting better and better. I have not seen Cesc improve drastically in the last couple of years.

For Arsenal being such a big club, I do not see Cesc doing anything better than finishing 3rd or 4th. 1 year in the Italian Serie A, Pastore played a influential part of the season, who almost got the team to the CL. For a tiny club like Palermo, that is huge stuff. Just let Pastore go to a bigger club and you will see. This trend has followed him from Huracan to Palermo. But no worries Cesc will join Barcelona and latch onto Messi and finally win some trophies.

13. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He will surpass fabregas within a season of moving to a top team assuming he gets to play as a starter in his position.

1 person likes this.
  14. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bro, you clearly don't watch Arsenal games. He's completely transformed in the last 2 years. He went from being a controller of the midfield/flow of the game like Xavi to being a complete #10 playmaker and goal scorer. He's easily the best player on a famous big club that's managed by a shmuck who won't buy other star players.

Btw Miccoli and Cavani had just as much... actually more to do with Palermo finishin 5th than Pastore. Don't get me wrong... I'm a fan of his, and Argentine players in general, but your blind homer-ism is nauseating. Fabregas is top 10 and its not debatable. Go watch some games patna.

Did u even watch the Inter-Palermo weekend game? Pastore was outshined by Ilicic.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With all the talent that Arsenal has and him being a "top 10 player" he can't carry his team. Cesc is talented but no need to make him into a this awe inspiring player that should be spoken in the same breath as Messi(Not saying you did or anything). Pastore is one of the most coveted players, his potential is sky-high. This is why so many clubs are trying to buy him. It has nothing to do with homer-ism, when I see talent I will bring it up. We have all said we have something special in Pastore and we hope he turns out to the player we all hope we think he could be. In my opinion, I believe he will be a better player than Csec and that is my opinion. I believe he will be like Roman or Kaka who both were players MILES ahead of Csec yes MILES. Kaka could carry a team, Roman could carry a team, hell Aimar carried a team with Valencia, and I believe Pastore can as well. Cesc can not, he never will. He goes to Barcelona he is playing alongside Messi,Iniesta,Villa,Xavi(until he gets up there in age). If he wants to become a legend, he needs to win some trophies and put a stamp on legacy by saying "that was my team".

Yes Cavani,Miccoli,Hernandez were all key factors for that team, Pastore played a major role in that teams season. For a 19/20 year old kid coming into a new league for his first year he did good for himself.

At the end of the day I say Cesc is a hell of a player, but I think Pastore will be more influential and more quality than him.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First of all he isn't your bro. Stop using that nauseating gangster speak.

Secondly I'd rather put my trust in the opinions of Mourinho and Guardiola and Messi over yours and the evidence of my own eyes having watched this kid for the last two seasons.

One average game and he must be terrible. Your own Arsehole homerism is nauseating. BARCA 4-0 now that was a pleasure to watch. :p

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well said. I spoke to a few Palermo fans and they said they could not believe the hype. They were cautious having heard these stories before but they were blown away by what he can do and that he is vital to their fortunes and they would not want to see him go.

I also suppose the scouts of the top clubs in Europe also are blind because they are also keen to sign him too.

1 person likes this.
  18. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fabergas is the product of EPL hype. sure he had the winning assist in the World Cup Final, but thats all he is at the top level, an impact sub.

Look at what happened in the friendly Argetnina vs. Spain when Cesc was handed the reigns to the team. people (english based media/fans): how is Cesc not getting a game for Spain in SA? well the answer was evident in the Argentina match. Don't give me it was just a friendly BS.

If Xavi starts that game, Argentina doesn't win 4-1. And I'm not a huge Xavi fan, but he does allow you to defend with the ball, which is how Spain won the World Cup.

We will see a HUGE drop off in Spain when Xavi retires/starts getting injured more.

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm gettting a good laugh out of some people here who think fabregas is over rated - outside of Sneijder and Xavi - what other playmakers are rated higher than Cesc?

i don't have time to prove why he's a top 3 playmaker in the world, but i'll sum it up like this:

when xavi was 19 - 23 how much did he accomplish at the club/country level compared to was fabregas has been able to accomplish thus far?

xavi didn't start becoming world class until after the 2006 - always good but didn't become the best playmaker in the world until after 2006.

and when people say the best fabregas can do is lead arsenal to 3rd or 4th place in the EPL - you have to keep in mind those teams that finish ahead of arsenal - they have also finished in the top 4 of the champion's league too.

finishing 3rd or 4th in the EPL is not the same as finishing 3rd or 4th in la liga / bundesliga, serie A, etc.

arsenal in any other league would be in 1st or 2nd place....

do your research before you call Fabregas over rated.

pastore is good and does have a lot of potential - but still has a way to go. comparing the two makes no sense at this time...

20. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal was already a 3rd or 4th in the EPL. Fabregas has not improved that at all. You would think such an influential player would push the team from that kind of position to first. The other midfielders have taken their teams to beyond what they were normally capable of like Roman or to first place like KaKa. The only reason fabregas can be considered such a top midfielder is because those two aren't in the picture and Pastore is so young. I have no doubts he will surpass him.

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eh ? Javier's first touch, his range of passing is comparable and his dribbling is superior as is his range of tricks.

He lacks just a wee bit for decision making but has vastly improved and when he gets into scoring positions he get's them on target.

Cesc get's the recognition being a recognized name. Most people have yet to appreciate Pastore aside from afficianado's.

Pastore has immense potential and natural ability. Basketball was his first love not football yet his ability pushed him through.

A player that combines the elegance and trickery of Roman with the speed and decision making of Kaka is far better than Cesc and being younger as well .

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we can go back and forth about how good pastore is - i like him a lot personally, but he is still just scratching the surface - it's a fact and you can't dispute that.

fabregas already has over 50 caps for his NT and has played in 2 world cups and several other tournaments - an integral member on all of those teams (2010 being his least present of them all - but made a difference when he did play). and he's only 23. i hope pastore can get 30 caps over the next 4 years...

once pastore becomes a regular on the NT and either takes palermo to new heights or becomes the playmaker for a bigger club - he will be up there in top playmakers in the world - but he has a way to go...

what is amusing is that when people say fabregas is over rated without any justification. sure arsenal has finished in top 3/4 over the last few years, but arsenal has had man united and chelsea as two huge obstacles in his way the past few years and i think we can all agree that over the past 4 years chelsea and man united are 2 of top 4 teams in europe over the past 4 years (barcelona and inter could also be in that category) and just outside that group of top 4 teams in europe is arsenal which has been in large part due to fabregas...

23. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Right because Mourinho and Guardiola don't want Cesc on their team.

And LOL where did I say Pastore was terrible? I said I was a fan of his. Not to mention apparently one friendly vs. Argentina and Fabregas isn't capable of being a starter for the NT? My homerism? I'll take Argentina over Spain all day.

1 person likes this.
  24. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What?!? Drogba can't even shine Lisandro's shoes!.. :D

25. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Go and stick with supporting the Arsesholes and stop prattling your nonsense of Cesc being some sort of superstar. So good he couldn't break into the Barca first team and had to make it elsewhere.

No doubt you come from the Wenger school 'Theo Walcott is a better player than Messi'.....:rolleyes:

Pastore is already as good as Cesc and better.