Argentina vs Panama June 10th [R]

Discussion in 'Group D - Argentina, Chile, Panama, Bolivia' started by sidspaceman, May 31, 2016.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gameday thread

2. FallOfFingolfin

Mar 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to this one. Looking like it'll be a race to fitness for the Chile match for players like Messi, hopefully the four days extra will mean they're back to full strength here!

3. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They say Messi could probably play this one. Im excited to watch this game cause it will be far more relaxed than the one vs chile, i might even get to see the whole game, instead that 60% of it due to being so nervous :x3:

Hoping for Higuain to score so he gains confidence. Also Kun or Messi scoring would be great for them too, but i mostly want Higuain to score so he can unleash the goleador that we ve been needing from him in years

johnblue123 repped this.
  4. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I've been telling my brothers this for years. They always clown on Messi for not winning the big tournaments with Argentina. They don't win because he has to be the playmaker and finisher. It's much harder to do than if he were only only expected to be the playmaker and nly on occassion the finisher. For this to happen, he needs to have guys like Higuain to step up and be finishers. Messi needs to control the game and be the distributor. If they can do this, I don't think many teams could matchup well against them.

Christina99 repped this.
  5. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So true, they expect Messi to do everything, being a goleador is not the most important function in our team, he is mostly a playmaker. Despite this, he haves 50 goals for the NT, being the second biggest scorer in Argentina history, right behind Batistuta 56, wich Messi, giving he is only 28, will surely pass and end up being the biggest scorer in argentina history, plus, he has been chose the MVP in almost all the matches he played in the WC 2014, the MVP of the entire WC, the best player in whatever match or tournament he plays for Argentina.
    Despite this, people still want him to go alone with the ball and make the plays, avoid all the opponents, and score all by himself, and if he does not, they criticize him.
    Not like we dont have other players that are actually top scorers in their respective leagues to do it (Higuain, Kun), or that we have the great Di Maria. Nah, people still expect Messi to do everything.

Like i read somewhere (i think twitter): If Higuain would have scored those goals in the WC final and CA final, would Messi then be the best player in history?

o_O

Anyways, the guy is awesome and crucial for the NT, we wouldnt have reached the WC final (4 goals in 7 games) or the CA final without him. Heck, where would we be without him?

I hope the scorers start scoring and the pressure gets off Messis back for a bit. It would be nice if Higuain shows what he can do and starts scoring and lets Messi do his thing.

6. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Prediction: 3-0 today

7. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope that the reason Messi is starting is because he is 100% match fit, not because of outside influences.

That said, we are better with our best player on the pitch than without him. I hope that Tata will have a formation that will keep the tempo that we had against Chile. No predictions b/c not sure what Argentina team will show up

8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Argentina should win but I reckon it won't be a smashing, Panama are a good side offensively. I quite rate Blas Perez and he looked real good against Bolivia, Tejada is also pretty good. Its a good forward line for CONCACAF standards. I don't want to predict a direct result but I think there will be goals here.

9. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Just thinking of putting a bet on Argentina but they are BIG favourites. I think they'll win this time but the odds are now very attractive.

10. PresidentClintonDempsey

Apr 1, 2016
    Deuce States of Mexicanada
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi not starting again. Argentina should've brought Apache Tevez. Dude's a beast and the polar opposite of Leo. I like Messi but he's waaaayyy too over coddled by the Argentinean press and federation. Tevez is a no-f*cks-given player.

Boloni86 repped this.
  11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    :ROFLMAO::confused::ROFLMAO::confused: Just rolled over from other thread:D:eek:

12. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the atmosphere is great!
    Argentina locals in every game!

13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So I would like a blas Perez goal with an argentine win

14. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watching these games as a NEUTRAL is hella FUN!:p.... But when Ecuador plays, I get so NERVOUS :unsure:

15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Me too, i love watching other games. Argentina games...not so much

16. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Messi has a huge pimple on his nose. Damn HD tv lol

17. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Messi the hipster

Christina99 repped this.
  18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Vamos Panama!

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nice Lacoste Bolillo is that your sponsor

20. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  21. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh oh here we go ,que cabezazo!

23. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They do make it look easy

24. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    oops bit of a typo above I meant to say that Argentina's odds to win are NOT attractive, from a betting standpoint.

25. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Did everyone see the goal earlier in the France game? Payet. 88th minute to win it.
    Similar sort of goal to the Bolivia goal also today.
    Worth a quick look. Video is only 40 secs.

Boloni86 repped this.