Argentina vs France (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by BigSoccer Bot, Nov 3, 2006.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Francia jugará un partido amistoso contra Argentina el 7 de febrero próximo en el Estadio de Francia, y ambas selecciones volverán a encontrarse en algún país europeo en 2009, informó este viernes la Federación Francesa de Fútbol.

Link To Original Article

2. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Argentina vs France

I just read an article Basile stating that Higuain, Belluschi, and Gago may be playing in this game!!
    any cmments?

3. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    Re: Argentina vs France

Will Messi be back from injury for this game? It will be close.

I would like to see Tevez and Aguero start, but if Higuain starts then who knows. I just hope Basile can get it together and beat France.

4. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

While I think that Tevez is a great player, starting him considering his current form would be an insult to all the Argentine strikers who are performing so well right now: Crespo, Cruz, Licha Lopez, Palacio, Pavone, etc.

5. Blue-and-White

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada

Crespo is a god, but he will be too old for 2010, I think we should start a younger guy in his place to get to know the team for the next WC.

6. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York

but maybe the younger guys can learn from crespo for the next year or so? i think he should be called up

7. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

One never knows. With advances in medicine, he might make it to 2010.

And it's not too uncommon for Strikers to make it past 30+, especially the ones with his traits.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't know.. He'll be 35 by then.. Seems pretty old to me.. Not to mention all the fowards we will have available (Aguero, Saviola, Tevez, Messi, Diego Milito, Mauro Zarate, Luciano Figueroa, Cavenaghi, Lisandro Lopez, Higuain*.. And all the other future stars that will appear within the next four years).

We'll have to see.. Maybe he'll still be amazing, but it's hard to believe that he'll be in better shape than all these extremely talented youngsters..

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Palacio-Milito should be the strike partnership. Ideally it would be Palacio-Crespo but I doubt Crespo's getting a call.

Zarate, Pavone, Aguero, Tevez on the bench.

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

ATM I'd take Licha over Tevez.

And if Crespo doesn't get a call up, then Basile's a fool :mad:

11. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango

I'm beginning to not care about world cups that much anymore, I just want to see enough of crespo before he retires, but I think he might just make it to 2010.

12. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

mmmmm i think Palacio-Higuain would be good! or Aguero-Pavone or Saviola-Millito thats what i would go for but u guys dnt seem to care about the defense or the midfield much ha? and isnt that the trouble were having now? the cmobination of the defenders and midfielders :) gago, belluschi, santana, castroman would be great and heinze, diaz, ayala, ferrari :)

13. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This would be my projected line up for the friendly based on current form:

Pato
    Zabaleta Cata Diaz Ayala N/A
    Gago
    Belluschi Bilos(?)
    Aimar
    Palacio
    Crespo

14. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

mega, granted tevez and masch don't belong in england but if you watch the games that tevez has played in, he has done well. he hasen't scored but thats not his fault. the service he gets is not all that great and its a completly different game for him. excluding him from the national team would be wrong because imo, i still think he's got the most potential out of all them to pump in the most goals for us. and in my eyes he's still a amazing talent and should never be overlooked.

and crespo needs to be called up.

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

We need our strikers to score goals, and Tevez hasn't been overly prolific of late. He should be called up, no doubt, but I'd rather Licha Lopez, who's tearing it up in Portugal and CL.

16. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Delgado's had a great apertura for cruz azul, perhaps he should get another look-see?

17. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

agreed , and add that Padrew is playing Tevez as a winger, not as a striker. Tevez is great talent and he is not out of form ATM, he should be called in.

As far as Crespo goes, he need to get called up as well. It's toooooooooo early to think of NEXT WC, before WC we need to play Copa and qualifiers for WC, for this 2 competitions , specially, we need Crespo. he won't be too old in this tournaments. And i am once again repeating myself by saying, we have bunch of talents, that is why we play our best in-form players in every game, not the veteran or potential star. We must overlook this age barrier and play our best players in each and every game we play,whether they are 15 or 40.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Tevez has to be in the team, and he has to play. So does Crespo, of course, he's not too old.

But I'd like to see Lisandro given a chance as well. I want to see what he can do. He is a real talent, he showed promise at Racing and, (based on what I hear, I haven't seen him), is confirming it by his success in Portugal.

19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You're all saying we should pick based on form, and Lisandro is absolutely tearing it up (Surprisingly, so is Lucho. Porto have themselves a very strong squad).

Yes, Tevez should be there, but perhaps not as a started, if only just this once.

20. Blue-and-White

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada

If Basile was smart he would have Messi in the midfield, which would open the front up for goalscorers like Tevez, Crespo, Aguero, etc. Messi is a midfielder...neither Pekerman or Basile know this.

I honestly couldn't imagine how any defence could handle this:

--Messi------Aimar-----

----Crespo----Tevez(or Aguero)

21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Pekerman did know this, and used him as a winger when he played.

What he didn't know was when to put him on the pitch.

22. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

regarding Crespo, hes playing great but I'm not sure of how AFA is looking at his future with la Albiceleste... 35 does seem a lil old, but hey- stranger things have happened. Furthermore, Tevez HAS TO BE there, he along with Messi are the keys to 2010.

23. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

But you need backup center forwards...TALL ones. The smaller players gambetean bien, but they don't have the aerial game that's needed for set-pieces.

24. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

This is how i would go against France but i dont think most of u would agree with me :/

-----------------Barbosa

Diaz--------------Ayala-------------Heinze

Cabrera---------Gago--------------Santana

-----------------------Belluschi
    ---------Messi
    ---------------------------------Aguero
    -------------------Millito

Bench: Palleta, Garay (2 good defenders who are doing a great job with their teams) Ferrari, Castroman, Mascherano, Bilos, Aimar, D`alessandro, Higuain, Palacio, Pavone, Tevez

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

This is what I'd like:

-----------------Ustari--------------
    Zabaleta---Gonzalo---Milito----Heinze
    -----------------Gago------------
    Messi---------------------------Lucho
    -----------------Aimar---------------
    ---------Palacio---------Milito

Now, Belluschi could take the spot of Aimar. Maxi Rodriguez if fit could take Messi's spot, Mascherano in Gago's spot. And Bilos could replace Lucho. Aguero/Tevez in for Palacio and Crespo/Pavone in for Milito.