Argentina vs Ecuador , World Cup 2018 qualifier , last game!

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Rattlehead, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    M E S S I !!!!

2. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I love you, Messi ❤❤❤❤❤

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Unsung hero of the match is Enzo Perez

5. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    We passed terrible but we tackled and fouled great.

We kept Messi hovering near the front rather than dropping back to pass.

Best players Messi, Acuna, Enzo.

Ecuador was very open and we still have a lot to do but 1 year is a longggggg time.

Gracias a dios!

afar and Rattlehead repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Side note and a bit off-topic. The US missed out on the World Cup.

I do feel a bit bad to be honest. I became a natrualized citizen just last year after living here for over a decade.

Moishe and cigar_city repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One of the worst match by Masche. I hope he proof me wrong and still have something left in the tank. He was great in previous match.

Btw, credit to Ecuador for not playing time wasting and park the bus. They gave good entertainment by play attacking football.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #183 Rattlehead, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Here's why Messi doing this will guarentee more goals...instead of passing the ball to someone else in this kind of situation. His shot is always much more accurate than his teammate.

[​IMG]

Extended highlight

johnbarley2 and afar repped this.
  9. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    The US is not even a nation i
    Yes, he played very bad, I do not think he should go to Russia. My favorite player of all time after Simeone but his time has come. I liked him in the last match.

10. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Los mufaste...

SupaMario repped this.
  11. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's putting a serious damper on my happiness for Argentina making it. Pulisic just got robbed of a major opportunity.

12. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Still celebrating, thank God.

Just dropped by to say congratulations all of my Argentine brothers. I am not Argentine, but I feel Argentine.

Congratulations for coming through all the torturous suffering.

I, along with cigar_city perhaps, am older than most of you --- but I can safely say this was one of my happiest nights.

Now the hard work starts.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pardon me, but how did he get robbed?

Both him and USA failed to beat a weak Trinidad and Tobago, who only had 1 win in 9 qualifying games leading to this match. Hell, even a tie wouldve done the job. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Rattlehead repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The US not making it is very sad, I am a citizen of the US like many on here, but I also don't get the neutrals wanting the US out... Is it for some political reason?

The US has some good players and would have provided much more to the spectacle than Honduras or Panama. Two of the best games in the last world cup were Ghana-US and US-Portugal and Belgium-USA was entertaining, though one-sided ... Have you all seen Honduras play? Looks more like kick boxing that football, a disgraceful team. Go watch them play France from the last world cup, it was insanity they didn't end with 5 players on the pitch.

I'm very outspoken on politics on here, but I'm mainly just talking shit and trying to get a reaction, I want to see entertaining teams at the world cup, or teams with great fans- for example I'd love to see Northern Ireland AND Republic of Ireland, they will make the atmosphere, and they two countries with very different political agendas.

SupaMario, cigar_city and Burr repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, its similar to Argentina . Have they fail to get early equalizer and lose today... there would be no excuse. Ecuador is bottom team and lost previous 5 games. There has been many times where other result favoring us and we didnt take adventage. This time we did.

16. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    I think it is perfectly fine to mix politics and football. The two have always been intertwined and it gives it extra spice. Something that mickey mouse sports lacks.

Nothern Ireland and Republic of Ireland do not have very different politics. They had straightforward territorial type political differences back in the day but now both are Pozzed.

Anyway, if we are talking about other countries I was sad for Paraguay and my Paraguayan mamasita. I am currently in Paraguay. They had to beat the worst team of CONMBEOL at home and failed to do so. That is all they had to do after defeating Colombia away. Paraguay has not been able to win anything at home. Besides that, I was happy to see Chile AFUERA DEL MUNDIAL!

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The DUP is still the biggest party in Northern Ireland, and is currently propping up Theresa May's Tories in Westminster...

I am not sad for Paraguay. Paraguay is always one of the most boring teams in any world cup. Peru will provide much more, and they have an Argentine coach in El Tigre Garece and great players like Guerrero. I am sad for River player Moreira, but Paraguay plays some ugly football. If you have insomnia, throw on a dvd of Paraguay vs. New Zealand or Paraguay vs. Japan from 2010...

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't like watching Central Americans teams either, I am with you there. Hopefully, the Aussies make it through. It is a wonderful country and the people are amazing.

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, Chile failed to qualify is the second best thing ever, after Argentina victory.

Messi celebration after scoring the winner and Sampa priceless reaction. You could tell what kind of preasure that he had in past 2 months.

[​IMG]

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I lived in Australia for few years back in late 90's and early 2000, yea its great and wonderfull country. I do hope they qualify. Also, they've been cheated by Italy in 2006.

SupaMario repped this.
  21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Jorge Sampaoli: "Messi doesn't owe a World Cup to Argentina, football owe a World Cup to Messi. He's the best in history."

22. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Theresa May and the Tories are frauds. But N. Ireland is backing them cause of financial benefits that they get from the UK Central rather than because of any nationalistic or longitudinal reasoning, i..e they are all neoliberals.

I agree that Paraguay is boring. So is Uruguay. And a neutral would side with you but I am not a neutral and I am sure you know how that goes. I do not mind Peru at all though.

23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same way Messi would've been robbed if Argentina didn't qualify. The rest of the team would be robbing the chance from them, which they don't deserve since they are the best players on their respective teams by far and both are international quality.

That's all I mean. Not that USA as a whole deserved it.

24. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    I think that way of thinking is wrong. Messi is part of a team and the team is part of a country and the country is 40 M people. Messi is nothing compared to the country. He is a speck, an aberration. If he is such an ubermensch he can live like a tiger alone from the pack and defeat 3 to 5 other tigers. In the end he will get torn apart by a team of tiger or perhaps even get old and succumb to a fresher model.

We are great cause we have a great player who knows he belongs to a team. Messi has been much more of a dedicated player to Argentina then Maradona ever was.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina