Argentina vs Brazil WC qualifier

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by King Aguero, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Directv is also 34.99 ...

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Yup thats who I oredered it with they are also my satillite provider

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A bit of a bummer for me. I called a handful of Argentina restaurants in LA and none will be showing it. Also called I kid you not 10-15 footballing bars and they said no its on PPV. In my mind I was like why not order it and charge people 10-20 a head to come in. A sports bar called yankee doodles showed in Woodland Hills but that place does not exist anymore. I called the one in Santa Monica they said to call back on Saturday. The one in Simi Valley is utter crap so the people in LA do not even bother trying that one. If its a no go best thing to do is order it and watch it with friends. Watching it at a bar is the best, jam packed singing and chants, almost feels like I am there. Maybe another local watering whole which is also a Mexican restaurant called Los Toros may show it. So for those in LA if I find anything I will post it up, chau!

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Have you called this spot? I was told that they show games sometimes.

Mercado Buenos Aires
    7540 Sepulveda Blvd
    Van Nuys, CA 91405-1658
    (818) 786-0522

Just a little story on them.

http://www.elnuevosol.net/?p=1030

5. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On the contrary, I think this generation of players, immensely talented as they are, have not had enough exposure to Argentine footballing history between the 80's and the mid 90's. I'm not talking about being relaxed, I'm talking of being up to the circumstances. When all the talk is over, there's only 90+ minutes to claim your merits into the history books.

The clip I posted shows best what these derbys are all about. Brazil played well that day but it was Argentina that took the prize. Argentina waited for their chance and they took it. You can't afford to miss out on the very few chances you may get in this type of matches. So, regardless of who wears the shirt on the day, they should be well aware of what it took to beat the Brazilians in the biggest of occasions. This is one big occasion. I just hope our players have the motivation and the grandeza to beat Brazil. Diego knows a lot about it, and I am hoping he is able to make that known to the lads.

6. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very well said, we can analyze things to death, but in the end it is heart, will, and hunger that can win a close match like this. Heck I was stunned in 1990 when we lost to this team called Cameroon, they had heart, and so did we to then later get to the final.

7. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All that matters is WE WIN! IT MATTERS A LOT, this just isn't un Classico, this is massive game.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I have been to this place as my brothers house is right around the corner from this place. Good food but I dought they will have the match their is also a Argentino restaurant called Porteno's the lady that works in that restaurant is from the north part of Argentina that city that is close to the Andes can't recall the name anyhow it's located on Nordoff blvd and cross street Woodley blvd. They have some good Flank steak sandwhiches served with rice hmmmm but it's kind of pricy. Just curious your all the way in NY how did you hear about Buenos Aires Deli?

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol Every year I go to a convention in Vegas and I go to the only Argentinian restaurant there. I've become friends with the waiter and he told me about the spot. He used to live in LA.

10. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is the city Salta?

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

SALTA, SALTA, SALTA pequena langosta

A los Brasileros los hacemos bosta!!!

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think it's Mendoza aren't they the ones with good wine?

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La tierra del Sol y del buen Vino!!!

14. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The wine region in Argentina is expanding even Entre Rios now has some wine production.:eek:

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Have you called this spot? I was told that they show games sometimes.

Mercado Buenos Aires
    7540 Sepulveda Blvd
    Van Nuys, CA 91405-1658
    (818) 786-0522

Just a little story on them.

Yeah I called them, I actually have had ate there before a few times. And the manager or owner said no the game will be on PPV. I also called the Buenos Aires GRILL, Carlitos Gardel,LaLa's Grill. I would rank them behind Carlitos,Buenos Aires Grill and I think and tied with LaLa's for quality in food.

16. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mendoza's region is the most established for commerce however Veijo you are correct in that there are many other areas of Argentina are estabilshed as well but not as commercial as Mendoza ; Salta is one of these also San juan, Rio Negro ,Chubut, and Patagonia are experiencing growth in there Bodegas as well. Many european company's are purchasing some of the more established bodegas to profit from this boom...

17. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ........but that is another story for another thread..

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Try Gaucho Grill or is it Guacho Village in Glendale,Ca one of those is Brasilian and they other is Argentino

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok I finally found a place to catch the game. It is in Santa Monica and the place is called Ye Olde Kings Head Pub. The address is 116 Santa Monica Blvd 90401. Their number is 310-451-1402. It is a $20 dollar cover charge. They said whoever is coming make sure you show up a bit early for the kickoff, because it will get packed.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also La Rioja for what i've been told.

21. jdsouza

jdsouza New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Argentina need to be on top of their game inorder to beat the Brazilians. I am looking forward to the game tonight. Will be a work unfortunately but can't afford to miss the game!! Will be streaming it live on a site called Omnisport. It is in HD!!..

Goooo Messi!! :)

22. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Game Day: Argentina vs Brazil WCQ Sept 5 [R]

What time does this match start?

23. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This match is on at 01.30 in the morning for me in England

Cant wait to see this match

24. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    $5.99 on Omnisport...looks like a pretty good deal to me.

25. jdsouza

jdsouza New Member

Jun 30, 2009