Argentina vs Brazil WC qualifier

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by King Aguero, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    do you guys think there will be any change to the starting 11? or any system change in that matter? or are we going to start Tevez-Messi upfront and Heinze, Demi in the back? cause if thats the case it would really suck to be thrashed in El Mounemental!

2. China White

China White New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I've said it in another thread but Diego must go for experience in the games coming up. The time for bedding in the new guard was after the last WC (when the pressure was off), not just before the next one, and certainly not in massive pressure games such as this. Don't forget, Brasil will be even more highly motivated than usual, knowing Argentina are struggling to qualify.

The pressure of a home crowd, the eyes of the world watching, a top opponent in Brasil, a massive grudge match. This calls for experience. If you field youngsters with no big-game experience, you are flirting with disaster, and you are potentially harming their future prospects by destroying their confidence before they've even been given a chance to shine. New guys have to be nurtured carefully, and introduced prudently. Sadly, I doubt Diego has the wisdom required.

There will be changes of course. Diego changes a lot. Because he has no clear idea of what he's doing.

Will Cambiasso and Higuain get selected for the squad? Everyone knows they should.

If Diego doesn't identify his best players this could turn out to be a painful night. Battaglia, Gago and Jonas are not good enough. That should be painfully obvious to him by now.

Sure, Argentina may raise their game for Brasil. I hope so. However I see no rhyme or reason to Diego's policies and I think his presence is hindering this side's prospects, not enhancing them.

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We wont get thrashed, 1-1 is my predicition.

4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We'll beat those malparidos, and we'll beat them again if we meet next year. Gosh I hate those mofos with a passion!

5. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Messi and Tevez link well with one another but they need an additional striker with them.

6. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Yeah but seriously they're playing better right now because they have a clear idea of what they wanna do! defense then counter! problem with Argentina is we change systems every other game and we have players that are not qualified to be in the starting lineup!

Besides that during the Plympics our counter attack was much better with Aguero, Di Maria, Messi dictating plays cause at least 2 of the 3 are very good passers, dribblers, handlers! right now it seems like Tevez-Messi are the guys trying to make plays and Aguero is the guy suppose to be scoring goals so all combined is a terrible combination in my opinion! 3 guys that play a striker role on their clubs are being forced to play very different roles!

Messi is suppose to be the playmaker, Tevez is suppose to be the supporting winger, Aguero is suppose to be the #9 and none of them do it for their clubs so i clearly dont understand where were going with this!

I know you're gonna need experienced players to play in a match against Brazil but D`alessandro is not a youngster! Gonzalo, Samuel are not youngsters and i would like to see something like this if possible

----------------Andujar
    Zanetti--Gonzalo/Demi--Samuel---Heinze

Messi-------Masche---Cambiasso----D`alessandro

-------------------------Aguero
    --------Higuain/Millito/Lopez

- None of the back four push up except Zanetti occasionally, Messi stays on the wing and cuts when he wants to, D`alessandro is the playmaker dictator with some help from Aguero i think this will give more balance and more attacking options for the meantime since we dont know what the hell were doing go with this against Brazil then we can figure it out after we secure 6 points!

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    With that formation, i fear for old Pupi.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Perhaps you will win, and perhaps you won't.

You hate us? We hate you too.

Have a nice night.

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I actually think we are going to destroy them, honest.

I've got nothing further to comment, since I might make someone angry, with my insensitive comments. You know you got to watch what you say on this forum. Say Maradona is this, or you're too pessimistic, or state your opinion. Someone screams bloody f-ing murder. It's a joke, too bad no one has balls to be this staunch in real life.

10. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

you mind telling us why u think we'll destroy them?

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Perhaps. You never know what happens in these types of games.

12. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll tell you why: because we are BETTER than they are. Except for goalie and right-back, we have better players on every position in the field. We just need a coach to make us play the Argentine way and make us gel as a unit. But no matter our present state, a derby always brings the best in the players. We'll beat them coz we have better players (plus the bonus of being at home).

13. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You never do know...by the way does anyone else wish we were in the Confederations Cup? I think Messi and co. would also relish the chance to pad their goal scoring stats against rubbish teams, and if anyone saw Kaka's goal for Brazil just not you know what I am talking about. Playing New Zealand would be fun too!

One thing i noticed about Brazil, is that they have players who put out better form for Brazil than for their club side, such as Robinho (mainly b/c he doesnt try and Man City), Luis Fabiono, Lucio, etc., while we constantly ask why do Messi, Aguero, etc. not play as well in the national shirt as they do with their clubs

14. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With a game like Brazil vs Egypt today, we have a chance to destroy them in Argentina. Argentina are always tough at home.

Brazil - Egypt 3 -3. Leave it to Fifa refs to give Brazil a penalty shot late in the 2nd period to allow them to win the game. Only way Brazil can with is with the 11th man, Fifa refs.

How do you like my ignorant comments, I do it just with the best of them.
    :D

No but seriously, that game should have ended 3-3. It's always Brazil that gets favourable calls when they bitch about something. Because they are the "merengue", "Joga Bonito" , "Pele's boys", "Los Samba Kings". Looks like Kaka is use to winning games by have penalties awarded to him just like in Milan. :D

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Oh the penalty was fair. Handball, the guy put his arm on the way.

But Brazil played with a dismal defense this time around. Argentina puede ganar.

16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looked more like a above fore-arm to me, but that's Fifa rules, it considers that an 'hand' :rolleyes:

If he had jumped further out it would have his head or chest.

17. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry man he does not speak for all of us OK, there are plenty of us on this site and around the world who don't share such ignorant views.;)

18. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aerez it is time for you to seriously grow up.:(

19. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias, why is it that you! Only seem to have a problem with that comment? Why is it that the few people who answered, either overlooked it, or just gave me a somewhat decent conversation. Have I answered funny, sure, but so what: Why do you care? What's it matter to you? Ask yourself that Matias.

Matias, I am ignoring you, so just do the same to me, and that comment wasn't directed at you, but seriously, just don't bother commenting on my quotes please. Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

I have a photographic memory, so these coments relate to my 'overall' comments I have been making for several months in these Argentina threads. ... ugh never mind, I don't know why I'm bothering explaining this to you. Just don't quote and answer me that's all.

20. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :rolleyes:

21. El_Gaucho

El_Gaucho New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    La Plata
    Pele must be really good at sucking off FIFA.. I guess it has its perks.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Argentino argentino que amargado que te ves...

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Of course, Matias... I was referring to him only although my language didn't make that clear.

24. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We can beat them that's for sure. Even if Brazilian 'respect' surrounds biased refs, like the pro European Ref in the 1990 Final.

Oh wait, you are Brazillian. Well I thought were Argentinian. :) I didn't even notice. :eek: I thought you were one of us. :D

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yep, I'm Brazilian. Some of us are luckier than other. ;)

PS: you and Matias should get a motel room the way you've been tussling back & forth. :D