PBP: Argentina Vs Brazil - Super classico -October 11 2014

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Time for Real test under tata..?

Let the support continue for our Team , Let us cheer for Albiceleste ...
    Vamos Vamos Argentina

Squad is flooded with midfielders , and tata is clearly looking for possession based game. But Under dunga , brazil will play with more defensive discipline for sure.

Must win for us.

ar.png

vs

images (5).jpg

cigar_city repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dunga's side a defensive disciplined side? I recall a certain Felipe Melo be very disciplined in South Africa. There is nothing disciplined about his team, get ready for a ton of kicking, grabbing. Can't believe the CBF would give that 40 something Bart Simpson looking another chance. Whatever, that's on them.

cigar_city and jimmi_moh repped this.
  3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually i meant what u said.
    They will try to make all rugby tactics on us like the way they done on 2007 Copa.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, defensive attitude dont equal discipline. Brazil committed 45 fouls in 2007 final and in any other day that's probably a 3 man sent off. Brazil also applied alot of kicking in recent World cup , that's all to cover up their lack of of quality. Even forward like Neymar was instructed to kick opponent. David Luis certainly capable of popping up and score from deadball situation but as always they're also exposed at the back especially if Alves also play.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They did that to everyone, they finished with 10 men twice during the WC. Against Holland and Portugal. Amazingly though they didnt get any sent off despite 45 fouls in 2007 final. Nice ref.

6. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Holier than thou?. Argentina has been guilt of the same in the past, plus the hand of god world cup how can that be forgotten.
    That said this is a friendly, i dont expect a foul ridden match esp since fernandino and ramires are injured.
    Should be a great game like one before olympics at nj

7. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    This is how the team practiced yesterday

Romero
    Zaba--FF--Demi--Rojo
    Perreyra-Masche-Pastore
    Messi--Aguero--Di Maria

Seems too attacking for a park the bus team!

jimmi_moh repped this.
  8. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Brasil will park the bus?

9. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it is more of 4-1-3-2
    Romero
    Zaba--FF--Demi--Rojo
    -----------masch---------
    Perreyra -- Pastore---Dimaria
    ----------Messi--Aguero--

too offensive i feel

Radu Razvan repped this.
  10. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Even though this team looks offensive (IF this is what the team will really look like), I really like the fact that Pereyra and Pastore are being given a chance. We really missed a skillful midfield for some time now.

I know Pereyra will track back --- not sure about Pastore. But it's a friendly, so it is good to do these experiments.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I swear Demichelis is like Michael Myers or any other killer in a horror film:
    every time you think he's dead and gone, he pops out of nowhere!

12. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    By virtue of his WC performance, I think we can forgive him that.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That back line looks slow. I know Tata is a defensive manager and I believe that Micho will be done after the Copa, but I believe there is a blunder or two written all over this game from the defense. The attack looks progressive, looks like it is a completely different attack that of Sabella. This is an attack that might play into Brasil's hand though, an attacking team that is disrupted by fouls, fouls and more fouls. I didn't really watch their friendly vs Colombia, but I hear it was a nasty game with a ton of fouls. Lets hope they do not play like that again, there are plenty of times in the next few years which there will be non-friendly games among us. With that said, I believe they will sit back and counter, and which is why I believe this defense will allow goals.

14. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I say he is One of the most underrated centre back in the world. His performance improves in the argentine uniform

15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    -------------------Romero-----------------
    Zabaleta--Fernandez--Demichelis--Rojo
    --------------Mascherano-----------------
    Pereyra ------- Pastore---------Di Maria
    ----------Messi----------Aguero----------

Not too shabby. Pereyra and di Maria cover both flanks when necessary. Pastore will need to do some more tactical work. He needs to grab this opportunity. Messi and Kun have their empathic relationship.

Defence is a bit weak centrally. No idea why Garay is omitted. Hope it's not a long term choice by Tata. Plenty of young options. Such a shame Musacchio missed out. And also young Kranevitter who will make more than an admirable replacement for Mascherano. He could also have learnt directly from the lion. But his time will come sooner rather than later.

tatoRMN and locoxriver repped this.
  16. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    I agree with @SuperMario the D looks very slow and the midfield is isolated with Mascherano the only defensive mind. Idk why Pastore is playing in that position he will be underutilized because he'll have to defend alot which will take away his offense

17. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Also the team will set up exactly this way

Romero
    Zaba--FF--Demi--Rojo
    ------Masche-Pereyra
    Pastore---Messi---Di Maria
    -----------Aguero

So Pastore will occupy the OMF position on the right flank with Messi in the middle and Fideo as the LM. Pereyra will play the CAM role and i assume Martino wants him to overlap and create offense from the back to disrupt Brazils setup.

It seems like Zaba will be asked to stay back at all times because of the lack of help he'll get from Pastore. We'll see how this pans out i dont mind Flaco but i would prefer someone with a little more defensive grit to his game.

18. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    smoky climate in china is hammeing the chances of tomorws match...

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be honest, I dont mind seeing Tata experimenting alot for this match. Apart from the rivalry between the two , we have nothing to proof in none competitive match like this especially with the WC just ended 2 months ago and then we beat the world champion itself few weeks ago. Hopefully we could get a draw at the worst. I remember the match back in 2007 (or 2008?) , we lost 3-0 and Basile made like 7-8 subs during the match which disrupted the team flow in second half.

Also, hopefully Garay disclusion is just temporary.

[​IMG]

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You mean 4.

Brasil: Gomes, Cicinho (Maicon, m.66), Lúcio, Juan, Edmílson (Cearense, m.68); Gilberto, Elano (Baptista, m.77), Silva, Robinho; Fred and Daniel Carvalho (Kaká m. 59).

Argentina: Abbondanzieri; Zabaleta, Coloccini, Milito, Rodriguez (Somoza, m.46); González, Mascherano (Samuel, m.46), Riquelme, Bilos (Insua, m.72); Tevez (Sergio Agüero, m.66) and Messi.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From my understanding Messi will play on the right flank (like his early Barca days) and Pastore in the middle, in a more traditional AMF role.

Give his characteristics, I also imagine Pereyra moving through the sides..
    Perhaps something like this:

---------- Mascherano
    Pereyra ---- Pastore ---- Di Maria
    ----------Messi
    -----------------Aguero

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this just talk, or are officials really considering canceling the match? I can't imagine it being suspended so close to the day of the game after all the ticket sales + all the players flying in from their clubs, etc.

But yeah.. what were they thinking playing in China? :rolleyes:

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn.. A team with Gaby Milito, Somoza, and Bilos... que desastre! Even though Diego always gets shit for his call-ups, Coco also had some of the worst player selections as NT coach.

Thank god we finally have "actual" coaches nowadays and not just mindless bums who live off of their names.

24. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013

Tbh i thought Diego had better selections than Coco

locoxriver repped this.
  25. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Will be very interesting to see how the predicted starting eleven is set up tactically. Pereyra, Pastore, Di María, Messi & Kun is insanely attacking. I like it :p