Argentina vs. Brazil, September 2nd at London. (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Mibu Clan, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Guildford City RIP

Guildford City RIP New Member

May 6, 2006
    Herts UK
    Re: Argentina vs. Brazil, September 2nd at London...

I am interested too. I have just looked on the Arsenal website and nothing there. I go past Ashburton Grove Stadium every day on way to work. If you get to know something can you PM me?

I hope you dont have to be a Season Ticket holder at Arsenal cos that still takes years!!

Does anyone know who is selling the tix?

I am a rare UK supporter of La Seleccion, and after last watching them in Berlin, it's time they can show they should have been in final of WC 2006.

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've been looking on the Arsenal website as well and they don't even mention the Argentina game. :confused: But I'm sure the tickets will go on sale next week.

3. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ

Some1 on an arsenal fan board has mentioned that he spoke to the arsenal-Enirates hotline or sumthing, and they said it wud be prioritised for arsenal season ticket holders etc. I dont know how reliable this info is though. Even if it is, its a massive stadium, dont think it will pack in, specially because England are playing their Euro qualifiers on the same day in Manchester.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Shaf,

The game is now to be played on Sunday 3rd September, kick off is at 4:00pm. This game will be very popular, its not often you will get to see Argentina v Brazil in England and there will be a big demand for tickets. If priority is going to Arsenal season ticket holders then that is very bad news.

5. ROBERT-PIRES-07

ROBERT-PIRES-07 New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Aylesbury, ENGLAND

Just to let you know, I'm an Arsenal member and I phoned the Box Office yesterday (Wednesday) to enquire about this game. They said there will be an announcment on www.arsenal.com either today or tomorrow (Friday) about the match and where you can get tickets from. At no point did the guy mention anything about Arsenal season ticket holders having some kind of priority. The word on the street is that the tickets will be sold from www.ticketmaster.co.uk but that is just what my friends are telling me, so I would keep looking on there and on Arsenal.com...they will be on sale very soon guys! (and gals) ...I'm taking 2 Brazilian friends with me if I can get tickets, but have made it very clear I will be supporting AR-GEN-TINA!! ;)

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

airline tix will be the problem, with the new terrorist plot in the big island.

7. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ

Ticket information for non-Arsenal members
    This is an important message to all supporters wishing to attend this match who are not Arsenal Members. In the event that there are any tickets remaining after sales to Arsenal members, a General sale will be held on Tuesday 22nd August 2006. Any further developments will be communicated on Arsenal.com.

source: Arsenal.com

8. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Rrrrrrrrr..... (bsas unwrapping the red carpet for an honoured guest)
    :D

9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

hey guys have u seen Rodas from Newells number 8? and Biglieri from Lanus number 10??? they look pretty sharp and got some great passes! we have dribblers we only need good passers so i would say D`Alessandro or one of those 2 would be great! since Basile plays 2 OMFs 1 dribbles and has speed the other passes good balls around? what do u guys think?

10. Syd Barret

Syd Barret Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Buenos Aires

What i think is that i've never been so calm before a match against Brasil, Argentina is going to win easily.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I hope you're right, but how do you figure? We don't even know who's playing yet.

12. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003

I would have said the same thing before the Copa America 2004 final.

13. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006

Is there any news on who will play? Also does anyone know if this game will be shown on T.V?

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think (although this has not been confirmed) the game is being shown live on the BBC.

Obviously if you don't live in England that won't be much use to you. :rolleyes:

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Does anyone know what time the KO is?

If I was anywhere near London I'd go to watch this game, it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The game kick's off at 4:00pm.

Argentina will be playing a lot more games in europe over the next few years as they just signed a sponsorship deal with a Russian company, so expect more opportunities to see them play. :D

17. pstigar

pstigar New Member

Aug 16, 2006

Emirates Stadium will play host to two of the greatest names in world football, South American rivals Brazil and Argentina at 4pm on Sunday 3rd September 2006. The date has been changed from the 2nd.

Anyone interested in a Director Level seat for this fixture email me at pstigar@hotmail.com

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

dunga despues de su frio empate de ayer
    hizo convocatoria hoy para jugarle a la Argentina
    se reforzo con KaKa y Sobis del internacional colorao.

cuando hace convocatoria Basile?

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

cuando hace convocatoria Basile?

Este Sabado. (casi seguro) Y por lo que lei (no me acuerdo donde) Ya llamo a Riquelme y le dejo como 3 mensajes.

20. cupcake83

cupcake83 New Member

Aug 1, 2006

Tiene hasta el Sabado para hacer una lista asi que lo va a decir manana o el Sabado.

For non spanish speakers: He has until Saturday to present a list so he'll say either tomorrow or on Saturday.

21. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

guys check this out

River Plate defender Maximiliano Oliva is currently on trial at Chelsea with a view to joining the Premiership champions.

The 16-year-old is one of the most highly-rated centre-backs in Argentina and has been compared to Daniel Passarella.

River are doing their utmost to hold onto the teenager but they are aware that any move is up to his parents rather than the club.

"I would like the kid to stay at River and see him playing in the first team but we know that there are many chances to lose him because as he is a youngster his parents can decide to transfer him," youth football director Diego Quintas told Sky. "We don't want that. In that case River would only receive five per cent of the transfer and that wouldn't be a good negotiation for the club."

Oliva is an Under-17 international and he is expected to complete his move to the Blues for a fee in the region of £1million.

"I wish the player all the luck despite the fact I would like him to stay a little bit more in River - but his parents are interested in the transfer, " he added. "Anyway in a week he has to return to Argentina because he has to go out on duty with the Under-17 national team to play some friendly games in Colombia."

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Argentina vs. Brazil, DUNGA LLAMA:

convocados por Dunga son:

Porteros: Gomes (PSV-Eindhoven-HOL) y Fabio (Cruzeiro).

Laterales: Cicinho (Real Madrid-ESP), Maicon (Internacional-ITA), Gilberto (Hertha Berlín-ALE) y Marcelo (Fluminense).

Defensas centrales: Lucio (Bayern Múnich-ALE), Juan (Bayern Leverkusen-ALE), Luisao (Benfica-POR) y Alex (PSV Eindhoven-HOL).

Centrocampistas: Gilberto Silva (Arsenal-ING), Edmilson (Barcelona-ESP), Dudu Cearense (CSKA-RUS), Julio Baptista (Real Madid-ESP), Kaká (Milán-ITA), Ronaldinho Gaúcho ;) (Barcelona-ESP), Elano (Shakhta Donetsk-UCR) y Daniel Carvalho (CSKA-RUS).

Delanteros: Robinho (Real Madrid-ESP), Fred (Lyon-FRA), Vagner Love (CSKA-RUS) y Rafael Sobis (Internacional).

23. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006

The Argentina vs Brazil game will be shown live on goltv sunday september 3 11 A.M eastern time.

24. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

can i watch goltv on internet?

25. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006

I don't think so