Argentina vs. Australia (r) friendly

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by DiVo0oNeH, Aug 25, 2007.

1. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina vs Australia

no lavezzi?

2. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Ur comparing 33 yr old Totti to Riquelme? im saying Totti when he was Riquelme's age and the last world cup he was actually playing injured :> and at least ROnaldinho doesnt dissapear in big games and when it all counts

3. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Dont forget that Totti was playing injured but watch how he pushes the ball forward without even looking!! ive seen a couple of matches and how he actually recieves the ball and wiith his back to his srtikers he passes the ball just to push it up on counter attacks and im sorry to dissapoint this team needs a Center playmaker Messi on one side and another Winger u wanna count on Riquelme alone ur gonna have a lot of 3-0 losses in finals :)

4. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

And all im saying if u wanna blame Ayala for his ************ performance than Roman should be blame for his ************ performance in the Copa in the friendly and in the last conf cup as well so thats 3 against our own rivals not to mention Ayala didnt play in 2 of them

So u wanna blame Millito, Heinze, Ayala, Messi for sucking in big games then Roman as well should be blamed cause to me he's the leader of the midfield and when ur leader doesnt perform i doubt if the rest of ur team will perform :>

5. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You are losing much credibility here...

6. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

U can disagree but its a fact

7. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, most Barça fans will probably disagree as well. Where was Ronaldinho in the last games of La Liga? Or in their last Champions League game? Or in the Clubs cup final against Inter of Sao Paolo?

Fact is Ronaldinho didn't show up in all games that really counted last season for them.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Nobody has said Totti is or was a bad player and he's really irrelevant to this thread. Again you've proven the point many of us have made; count on one player to do it all and as a team you're hosed. Just like Vipnerd said, the wrong players were alongside Roman and it cost us. Also Totti's injuries mean nothing as during the build-up to and at the World Cup, Roman was suffering for a back injury as well as time out earlier that season at Villarreal (maybe twice) and yet again he was voted one of the tournaments most outstanding players.

9. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Go on mate state the facts. The facts I do are that in 2002 he only mustered two whole goals the entire tournament and that was playing alongside the likes of Rivaldo and Ronaldo. You can throw the red card into the equation as well. 2006? He had one assist and zero goals and most Brazilians on these boards were cussing the hell out of him. So really now which World Cup was he instrumental or as you put it, "won" for his country?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm not really sure why in the last page you decided to Bring the whole blame game/Ayala thing into the mix. Nobody on here has tried to absolve Riquelme from anything. The fact is that nobody came to play in the finals against Brazil. Mascherano and Zanetti were to an large extent played as well as they could've. Ayala though is more deserving of the blame as his performance was no doubt one of the most pathetic performances of any CB (let alone captain) in international play in a long long time. Care to disagree that's fine but be prepared to back it up. That said I will always have a place in my heart for El Raton as he's represented us more in a good light than he ever did a bad light. Heinze I have no beef with so long as our coaching and tactics recognized his pros/cons. Milito as long as he can replicate what he's done in Spain is fine with me. What Milito needs more than anything is time to mature into a great CB. He's still young so time will tell what kind of player he'll truly become.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

You're the one that brought them up in the first place. I'm not bashing Totti, I think he's a great player and Roma is my fav team from Italy but he hasn't exactly lit it up for his NT. And Ronaldinho does dissapear in big games. Again not to bash him since I'm a fan of his as well.

12. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF

rep worthy post

13. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Agreed, why not give Frutos a look in as well?

14. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So, when is the game that will see Basile sacked? He goes first and then goes Don Julio Gronleone (too much to ask but I keep my prayers).

Btw, anyone fancy el Tolo Gallego as a potential NT coach? I really can't stand the way he talks, dresses, and that big mouth of his, but he is been very succesful and seems to create some sort of atmosphere within the group. Anyway, probably a topic for another thread.

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

El Tolo is a successful coach, but seems to be losing his touch in 2007.

In the Clausura 07, his team won 3 of 17 games, and ended last:

Group 3
    Club Pld W D L GF GA +/- Points

1. América 17 9 3 5 26 15 +11 30
    2. Tigres UANL 17 6 5 6 17 20 -3 23
    3. Santos 17 6 4 7 21 20 +1 22
    4. Morelia 17 7 1 9 23 25 -2 22
    5. UNAM 17 3 11 3 19 18 +1 20
    6. Toluca 17 3 10 4 15 17 -2 19

This semester, at Tigres (UANL), he has won 1 of 5 ... and is last in his group again:

Group 3
    Club Pld W D L GF GA +/- Points

1. Cruz Azul 6 4 0 2 12 7 +5 12
    2. Guadalajara 6 2 2 2 6 5 +1 8
    3. Morelia 5 2 2 1 6 1 0 8
    4. San Luis 5 2 1 2 8 9 -1 7
    5. Necaxa 4 2 0 2 7 9 -2 6
    6. UANL 5 0 1 4 1 5 -4 1

16. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't want to stray off topic, but to whomever said Ronnie does not fade from big matches where was Ronaldhinio during WC 2006 or last years Champions League????:rolleyes: In fact was it not Roman that really led Boca at the Libertadores and if it were not for those Fifa mothertruckers he should really have been considered the player of the year!!!:mad:

17. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Well, a lot of things went wrong with Brazil in WC 06, not just Ronny. What did Kaka do? He was the real playmaker on the squad, not Ronaldinho.

Not to mention, he was out of form last year, and yet was still one of the top scorers in the league, which is an accomplishment.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

....so here come the Ronaldinho excuses:rolleyes:

19. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Ronaldinho wasn't the playmaker for Brazil. He wasn't the focal point for the attack, that was Kaka. Did he choke? Probably, but so did many other players.

20. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF

most brazilian guys i know blamed the ronaldo thing. He was on some kind of pain killer that kept him from performing or something.

21. RedTommo

RedTommo New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Sydney

Question from an Aussie who will be at the MCG on Tuesday: Who would you guys be expecting to start in the playmaker or CAM spot for this game? Because, looking at your squad, with the absense of both Riquelme and Aimar, I see alot of steel in defense/DM, some fantastic forwards, a couple of handy wide men, but nobody to pull the strings?

Looking forward to it immensely even if you go for all blood and thunder with a pairing of Mascherano-Gago or something anyway....

22. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

it will probably be like our game vs norway, Messi will be "supposed" to be the primary creator but in the end nobody will take charge and we will see a ************ argentina side. IF we score, it will be by a nice individual effort or a set piece.

Oh im soooooo looking forward to this game! :rolleyes:

23. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Insua can be the playmaker. Also Messi, if he is asked.

24. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Guys u all started a new topic here about ROnaldinho! when i brought his name up i was using him as an example not comparing him with anyone! besides as i said if ur gonna play Roman without Aimar or Aimar without Roman u might as well just bench the both of them and not waste ur time! but anyways my only concern is our defense and wingers! if the wingers to create and make something happen i really dont care who the playmaker is ur still gonna lose in big games! and Basile's style leaves the defense exposed to anyone! he leaves a lot of gaps! u can even see it from the way they line-up!

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi has to be asked? He's done nothing to show that he can be a playmaker. Great player with endless talent but as of yet he has not shown he can be a playmaker. My two cents Don Moderator:D