Argentina vs. Australia (r) friendly

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by DiVo0oNeH, Aug 25, 2007.

1. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007
    Re: Argentina vs Australia

I never said we were gonna destroy anyone! i was only trying to make a good atmosphere around and cheer everyone up for the games! theres a different between i hope we beat Brazil this time "Hope" and we will get hammered if our performances stay this way!!!

2. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

I know what u mean u dont want everyone to count on Riquelme to make plays u want players to make plays from their individual roles! for an example how Brazil does it? How Barcelona does it? everyone up front creates or tries to create and thats exactly what i wanna see with the amount of talent that we have but as Simeone said Coco wont do that cause hes using an antique system!

3. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

exactly

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Of course he's correct. No one here was saying shit till after the last game. In fact everyone was praising Basile for his subs, the team for playing entertaining attacking footy, ext.. ext..

There's not even any reason to continue with this discussion since it's just beating a dead horse. The team clearly needs someone like Riquelme.

The idea that he doesn't create chances for others or chances in front of goal is absolutely obsurd and proven wrong multiple times with the countless number of assists he provides, the fact that he was the top scorer in the CA, and the fact that he created Argentina's best chances in the final. I guess if you hate Riquelme you'll just ignore facts to continue with your neverending cruisade to discredit everything he does.

But him not playing now means he'll probably won't get called back. Good luck finding a system which works.

Ohh and I guess I'm the only one here who thinks Simeone is overrated as a coach.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've been saying more or less the same thing about where Roman needs to be played for a long time now. He's clearly at his best when in the final third. The fact that he has to fall so far back to receive service is a problem and more so when the players back to support him are Veron, Cambiasso and Lucho to support him. None of those guys are shite players, most of us are tired of them but their not crap. Everything else you say is pretty much in line with how I feel.

6. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Not true? Laughable. It was a glaring problem before the final.

But then again, I guess beating Paraguay, US B, Mexico B is a great accomplishment.

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Great to know exactly where you are. I still believe that introducing more than two players to significant playing time with the NT is too much. In order to see what a player really can contribute, he has to work with a cohesive unit. If you change too many parts you get disorganized futbol. Take Roman out of the picture and it's worse. Our youngsters will get theirs, just be patient it'll come.

8. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

If we bring in quality midfielders who link defense and attack well, then will we need Roman? We are certainly not short on inside forwards.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

How was it a problem before the final? Argentina scored more goals than any other team in the tournament (would have been even more had Tevez/Palacio not hit the post so many times or finished their opportunities) most of them assisted/created by either Tevez/Messi or Riquelme. How exactly were Argentina/Riquelme having problems creating goals and/or chances?

:rolleyes: Who said it was? And what does this have to do with anything?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's exactly it. For whatever reason Coco believes that Riquelme can be used internationally as he's been used in club ball. Two different games and his old ass doesn't get it. Since I've come to these boards I've always said that two attacking mids like Roman and Aimar together is pure fluidity. In the few occasions we've been blessed to see them together, they've been brilliant.

As for Simeone, I love the guy as a player and as a coach I love his intensity but nothing yet has shown me he's ready to lead the national team. Just a couple of more seasons before I'd say either yay or nay either way.

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

How was it a glaring problem. That I've got to ask you to back up.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He's overrated as a coach. Remember he sucked when coaching Racing. Estudiantes won their title because Veron was on fire and has yet to recreate that form, but it was also Boca's inability to finish off some mid-table teams mostly due to LaVolpe's incompetence as a coach. Since then he hasn't impressed at all.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Will we need Roman? Not that your theory is crap because it's definitely not but honestly, who up front is as talented on the ball as Riquelme? Passes the ball better than Riquelme? Controls tempo.........Nothing against the Tevez's, Messi's......all great and brilliant players, just not on Riquelmes level. Speed in futbol contrary to popular belief isn't the be all end all.

14. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

I do agree with TKORL and i think ur not understanding his point!!! hes trying to say that if we are so deep and have a lot of talent we should be able to win without Roman, Aimar!!! and i think its true

everytime were in trouble Roman has to play or Aimar has to make something happen for a deep team like Argentina thats not a good sign

thats basically telling us that were not using many of our weapons and were burning a lot of talent

i always thought Roman cant do it alone and i always thought Aimar couldnt do it alone cause the way i see it they both need to play with eachother

Roman cant play with Messi! it wont work! Messi loves counter attacking and a fast tempo game roman is a type of guy who would control the ball and pass it around during counter attacks cause he cant run so i would suggest playing him and aimar therefore when were counter attacking we go through aimar and when were controlling the tempo were going through roman thats the best way for Argentina to play! and 2 sides need to push up to support or else we'll be sitting and waiting for counter attacks and defending the whole game

15. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

So ur basically saying that 1 player can win a championship? i dont understand? the adjustments of the coach and the understanding of what will other coaches do, and also the tactics tha Simeone used put Estu on a roll! even Galvan became a good solid player because his coach knew how to use him! Sosa shined, Pavone shined as well and thats a good coaching staff bro! but Simeone this season has lost 2 of his best players and Veron is injured and out! so i wouldnt blame a coach who has a weakened squad for whats happening to the team right now? but i would surely blame a coach who has a squad like River's that hes a ************ coach :> thats the difference

16. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
  17. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

The ones travelling:

Goalies:
    Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe – España)
    Oscar Ustari (Getafe – Espana)
    Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar -Holanda)

Defenders:
    Javier Zanetti (Internazionale – Italia)
    Martín Demichelis (Bayern Munich – Alemania)
    Gabriel Milito (Barcelona – España)
    Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid – España)
    Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo La Coruna – España)
    Nicolás Burdisso (Internazionale – Italia)

Midfielders:
    Fernando Gago (Real Madrid – España)
    Cristian Ledesma (Olympiakos - Grecia)
    Federico Insúa (América - México)
    Jonás Gutiérrez (Mallorca – España)
    Javier Mascherano (Liverpool – Inglaterra)

Forwards:
    Carlos Tevez (Manchester United - Inglaterra)
    Lionel Messi (Barcelona – España)
    Sergio Agüero (Atlético Madrid – España)
    Javier Saviola (Real Madrid – España)

Probably Zanetti will be pushed up as right midfielder, as against France, since there is no natural right midfielder in the 18 travelling. :rolleyes: That would mean that either Burdisso or Coloccini will play RB. Unless Masche is moved out of place and shuffled there.

It also means no aerial threat in attack with all the shorties.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

What I'm saying is that Veron was the inspiration and the main reason they won. It's similar to Boca in the Libertadores. Of course Riquelme wasn't the only good player Boca had but he was the inspiration, he made the players around him better, and without him Boca wouldn't have won. Same for Veron in that campaign.

I'm not blaming him and I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I'm just saying he's not that experienced as a coach and still has things to prove before he can be the NT's coach.

19. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Yeah of course hes too young and too new to be the NT's coach but his thinking and understanding of the game tells me that hes a very good coach and knows what he wants

20. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

I did point it out prior to the game. We always maintaind posession well, we always distributed the ball well, but Riquelme as the playmaker was focusing more on distribution and not creating enough chances in the final third. I've always thought it was a problem, and it's not something I've decided to compain about with hindsight after losing.

EDIT: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482831&page=24

21. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

The question is, who would you take out? One of Messi or Tevez will have to go. I'm not saying Riquelme shouldn't play as a deep-lying forward, in fact, it may be the only thing that will work for Argentina that will use Riquelme's passing talent to the greatest effect, rather I'm pointing out that it creates more selection problems that I'm not sure we've dealt with yet, seeing as how I don't think we've figured out the best system for playing Messi, Tevez, and Milito/Crespo together.

22. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Serie A Team Of The Week: Round 2

Samuel (Inter): Great performance by the Inter defender who was practically perfect in his defensive duties, closing down all opponents. The Empoli forwards will be having nightmares about him this week.

Lavezzi (Napoli): What a surprise! This player is in line for best newcomer of the season if his first two matches are an indication. 3 goals during the Coppa Italia game and a goal and lot of dribbling, assists and spectacular moves against Udinese. Brilliant purchase for Napoli.

La Liga Team Of The Week: Round 2

9 D'Alessandro (Real Zaragoza): The Argentine was in good form Racing from start to finish, though not helped by some lacklustre displays around him. Milito and Oliveira failed to finish, Aimar drifted in and out of the game, and Movilla was missed solerly in midfield. A quality display from the play-maker, nonetheless.

goal.com

23. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't mean to be nasty to anyone. We are all here to express our ideas and that's what makes the forum interesting. We can easily find out what you said by reading previous posts, so I won't put your face into that. I just dislike the fact that some people seem to always be more clever than the coach, even when it contradicts what they said before. Let's have the humility to admit that we have the easy role to adjust the team the way we feel without having to bear the consequences.

Also we have the privilege to support one of the best teams of the world, who have played the most entertaining football in the past 2 years according to most observers, and under two different coaches. So I think they didn't do that bad. Perhaps we can look a bit more at the filled half of the cup than at the empty one...

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He went out injured though right?

25. smd9

smd9 Guest

Make us proud little ones.:D