Argentina vs. Australia (r) friendly

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by DiVo0oNeH, Aug 25, 2007.

1. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina vs Australia

Colocinni, Pato?????????????? What the hell??????????????????????????:eek: other than that some good names.

2. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Whatever this friendly is gonna be a waste! i thought maybe Ustari gets a half and Romero another half! but no Basile wants Pato!!! Pavone didnt get a shot either! shit were gonna suck in the qualifiers so bad!

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Amen to that. Overall I too think this is a very solid squad. Sure the Pato call-up puzzled me a bit considering this game is supposed to be a friendly. Based on the overall strength though I think El Loco er I mean El Coco realizes he needs a result. I've got to admit that some people are bitching about other people getting a chance. The majority of this group is still going to be under 30 years of age come 2010 so all these up and comers will still have plenty of time to prove themselves over the course of league play.

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've got to ask; aside from the obvious Pato and Gutierrez call-ups, who on this squad would you drop and for whom? What about this squad would lead you to believe that we're going to suck in qualifiers? I see a very good mixture of youth and experience with a lot of that experience coming from the youth on this roster.

5. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Well those are really what the gripes are about perhaps in addition to the inclusion of Milito over Garay, and IMO the complete exclusion of Franco.

But the point is that we may well beat Australia, but is that what it's come to for Argentina? That getting a result against Australia is considered to be a success? Can we still be considered a footballing power?

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Milito and Garay? I've had beefs with Milito since the goal scored by the USA in the CA but that being said, the guy when on is a good player. Garay to me still has to put in a few more miles on his boots for me to be that confident about calling him up. That being said I would like to see him get a shot at some point. As far as Franco is concerned, I'm in total agreement with you. With this match meaning little to most of us, he certainly deserved a call-up over El Pato.

I share a lot of your feelings in the second paragraph. Who we play at this point is irrelevant. Basile needs the positive result in a bad way and it can't be a close game or things most certainly will get ugly for him. We hit a slump as an NT regardless of who you want to place the blame (I blame Basile) it happens to everyone from France to Italy to Brazil. I believe we're still a world power as does most of the world probably. Bottom line is we're our biggest critics as a futbol nation and sometimes a little too harsh. We'll improve and some of the kids will gradually get integrated into the senior side. Be patient one way or another things will work out for us. I'd rather struggle through qualifiers and show up for the big dance than repeat our 2002 experience which was the total opposite.

7. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Franco - Pato
    Fazio - Coloccini
    Garay - Millito
    Arca - Heinze (which by the way Heinze hasnt trained with Madrid yet to get called up over Arca!)
    Ledesma (Lazio) or Almiron - Ledesma (Olympiakos)
    and maybe Leto or Di Maria instead fo Guietterez!

the first 4 made me bitch about this line up but the rest of the team is ok! and the reason why im pissed is because Heinze cant psh up as a fullback and hasnt been pretty good in the CA! and since the game is against Australia! who lost to Iraq in the Asian cup then i thought it was the best opportunity for even Moralez to get a shot!

8. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

who is gutierrez? Also, Arca does deserve a shot in CM.

9. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

This is true.

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Thanks for the reply. Other than just seeing the guys you mentioned get a shot, what is it about their performances this past term that make them better options. Not trying to sound argumentative, but aside from the upside, none of the players you mentioned have set the world on fire to the point of being more deserving. Sure they should be gradually integrated into the NT but calling up a bunch of youngsters for the sake of seeing new faces to me isn't enough. Just my thoughts.

11. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

No no i agree with u! but after the Norway match Basile told the media that he doesnt care about what the result will be in friendlies! he's using them to test players! after seeing this line-up and knowing that were playing Australia! u actually think WTF is Basile talking about testing? this is kind of like our first team! probably is! and since we lack a good fullback why not try some? and try some CB's as well thats why im pissed i know many of the guys that i pointed out didnt do much but Garay had an awesome game against Barca and Heinze hasnt trianed with his team yet! so its kind of weird if u know what im saying?

12. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Well, it is correct they've not set the world on fire, but some, such as in the case of Garay have shown better form than the players who have been favored over them. Not to mention that's the purpose of friendlies, to experiment and to give experience.

13. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

It's Jonas Gutierrez from Mallorca. You know what though, if he's giving Gutierrez a shot, why not Ibagaza?? Hell, the guy scored two against Levante over the weekend, so he must be doing something right.

14. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF

At least no Diego Milito OR Lucho.
    Why bring Tevez though? As if there weren't enough shorties. And it's not like he can play much, the dude needs rest more than anything else atm.

Jonas Gutiérrez sucks. If you guys haven't watched him in Mallorca games, the dude is basically an attacking winger that never scores. He played alot the year before last year, and last season he played almost every game. And he has like 4 or 5 goals total.

And Basile is going back to Heinze again...
    And Coloccini again? WTF.
    And if he's going to keep playing a single rear pivot, why the hell does he keep bringing 3 DMs? What is Ledesma doing there?

Plus. Insua played on the wings against Norway. If Basile planned to test this guy on the wings, why not D'Alessandro?

We still don't even have a target for LB replacement. And there is no reliable CAM. There''re plenty to complain...

15. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF

Ibagaza is whole lot older.
    And he's CAM. I don't think Basile is looking for a CAM. He's waiting for Roman to get settled.

16. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Don't underestimate Australia. They have grown up a lot lately; they gave tough time to Brazil and Italy in WC.

Ok, we can do big testing, but then who will come back shouting if we lose 5-0?

The old man is right. WCQ are just about to start. We need to settle our main team as a priority, and just try a few players here and there. These trials can continue through WCQ, but we have no time to do a complete revolution of our team nor of our system.

17. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

I'd be happy to lose 5-0. Finally wake up the idiots who run the AFA.

Adios Coco!!!

18. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Things are getting hot for Coco and a loss could be a pink slip for him;) I think aside from perhaps four or five names the list looks solid, but that is not the argument I want to make, my point is I dont give a rats arse who we play if the system and tactics used are shiiit!!!!!:mad:

19. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

lol thanks. I do agree with you that Frutos should be given a callup.

20. chopsuey12

chopsuey12 New Member

Jul 12, 2007

Insua is THE Man! Future #10 of the squad for WC2010 lol (Awaits harsh replies....)

21. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Correction: Cambiasso is THE MAN! Future #10 for Argentina!!!

22. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Correction: Lucho is the MAN!

by the way did u guys watch that Barcelona vs Inter game? Burdisso was a joke! im sorry but hey Barca played Racing they couldnt do shit because of Garay! and they made a clown out of Inter's backline! plz dont tell me Racing have more talent than Inter in their backline!

23. chopsuey12

chopsuey12 New Member

Jul 12, 2007

Ha I saw the game...that game was done the minute Gio scored. And the rest of the goals just added more humiliation. Messi ran circles around the D.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Correction: Crack is Whack!

And Garay is the man.

25. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Crack is Whack, I never thought we would quote Whitney Huston on a Argie thread, lol:D:eek: