Argentina vs. Australia (r) friendly

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by DiVo0oNeH, Aug 25, 2007.

1. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007
    Demicheles, Aguero, and Almiron deserve a shot this time! If Basile is gonna announce his team this week those guys just put up a hell of a performance for their clubs! so they do deserve a shot and by the way what do u guys think of Gioda! hell this kid is freaking good!!!

2. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Re: Argentina vs Australia

Why hasn't Leo Franco gotten any friendlies in recent times?

3. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada

Give me some D'Alessandro!!!!

4. chopsuey12

chopsuey12 New Member

Jul 12, 2007

I want to see D'Alessandro and Federico Insua starting.

5. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

is Andres playing well with Zaragosa now? and yeah Insua deserves another shot!

6. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Julio Arca should also be looked at as a potential CM.

7. argentinaforever

argentinaforever New Member

Jul 30, 2007

who is Gioda? thans in advance

8. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

young central defender from independiente, had a rough time last semester but came back this year, he is out for three months currently but is a definete bet for the future. he did his youth in lanus..

botinelli should go and orion deserves a shot as well.

9. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Demichelis is loooooong overdue, I would like to see what the giant Fazio could do, and bring back D"Allesandro!!!!!!!

10. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Demichelis is having a great season with Bayern hes probably our best in Europe right now! other than that if we ever play a 3 back-line my top 3 would be Botinneli, Gioda, Burdisso/Fazio

and Hopefully Palleta gets his playing time with Boca and performs the way he used to do then we probably dont have to worry about our back line anymore with these guys!

11. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Fazio is still a prospect however, he's still in the second division with Sevilla Atletico if I'm correct.

12. argentinaforever

Jul 30, 2007

played against real madrid in super cup and also against getafe and also played match in campion league qualifier

13. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich) The Argentine, who has made the move back into defence from midfield to cover the absence of van Buyten and Ismael, is revelling in his new role. Alongside Lucio, he is one of the main reasons Bayern have failed to concede a single league goal this season. Hannover hardly got a sniff on Saturday and trainer Hitzfeld reserved special praise for the Argentine. Demichelis was one of those Bayern players seen smiling during the game, clearly showing how much he is enjoying things at the Allianz Arena at the moment.

this is from goal.com BUdesliga team of the week

14. R_9-Ronaldo

R_9-Ronaldo New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia

I wonder if Viduka and Kewell will be playing?

15. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

good to see that he's playing CB hope he stays there.

16. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

List confirmed:
    Pato
    Ustari
    Romero
    Diaz
    Heinze
    Millito
    Coloccini
    Burdisso
    Demichelis
    Zanetti
    Mascherano
    Gago
    Ledesma (Olympiakos)
    Maxi Rod
    Gutierrez
    Insua
    Messi
    Aguero
    Saviola
    Tevez
    Crespo

What an idiot Basile is! because of Ustari's mistake he calls back Pato! loool Pato with his experience and age have made more mistakes for the past 4 yrs than any experienced goal keeper in thw world! but as i said Basile picks what he likes not whats best! and Garay doesnt get a second chance! yeah we are testing young players arent we? my ass we are!

the list looks good for a 3 man backline if hes playing a 4 man backline and only Zanetti pushes up then we didnt fix or learn anything! but the midfield looks solid

17. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada

Gutierrez!!!! Come on

Still no D'Alessandro!!! Looks like Insua will get the start as CAM and will do sh1t all like he has done every other time.

And the defence!!! WTF!!! Those are the same people since WC!! With the exception of Demichelis. Try out some other people!

Argh.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Who exactly? Fazio is the only one I can think of and he still has barely played games in La Liga and he's still extremely young/inexperienced.

Maybe Zabaleta.

19. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Demichelis, Garay...that's all I guess.

Why not give Franco a shot in goal?

20. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

U know something? i like discussing things with u cause u actually know what ur talking about man

Pleasure

take a look at this though

4 Ezequiel Garay (Racing Santander): The young Argentine defender was the class of El Sardinero on Sunday evening, making the likes of Samuel Eto'o and Thierry Henry look really average.

this is from goal.com la Liga's team of the week

21. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

He hasn't called back Riquelme, so who'll the playmaker be? I really hope it's not Messi or M-Rod. It's best if he tries a formation that utilizes more than one playmaker. I don't think he will, which will lead us to the same conclusion as before - we don't have anyone to play enganche except Roman and Aimar.

Watch us perform poorly and Basile will go back to the 4-3-1-2 with Roman as the enganche.

22. DiVo0oNeH

DiVo0oNeH New Member

May 20, 2007

Yeah ur right this guy is so stubborn! but Aguero can play that role as well and hes pretty good at it but with basile's tactics he probably wont be that good cause Basile really leaves the Enganche alone! with no support just like what happened to Roman! so if the strikers are shut down? then basically the whole team is shut down

23. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm surprised people are still bitching with this new list. Lucho has been dropped, Demichelis, Aguero, Diaz, Saviola have been called and Insua has been retained. I had the impression that would please most people here.

I think this list is a good balance between our best players and a few to be integrated/tested. We'll see how they are used on the field, but on the selection part, the old man has my vote.

24. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, not that I care much as some of you know, but I'll give my opinion. It appears that the we are shifting away from the glacial era (no Riquelme, no Lucho, although still Gago and Insua). That's good. Yet I don't really understand what Basile is doing. It appears "Vacile" would describe him better right now. I mean, first you drop him, then you name him. If you are gonna give a guy a chance, stick with it. I dont know, it just seems to me this guy's lost the plot completely. At this stage, for me, it's not about whether we win or lose. It's about a coherent plan or programme in order to build a solid team for the future. And to me, it all looks too random and result-driven.

Anyway, who the hell is Gutierrez? At first I thought Vacile had called Leo Gutierrez, the basketball player (a beast, by the way). How I wish the guy (Vacile, that is) played a tape of the Basketball NT playing the Preolimpico to his players. That is a NT that represents me.

25. argentinaforever

Jul 30, 2007

sorry its off topic but i want know that what happens to Fernando Cavenaghi & Pablo Francia(Bordeaux) why they r not playinghttps://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif