Argentina- Uruguay- El Clásico del Rio de la Plata

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Sep 1, 2016.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, look at it this way, Messi got his first red in his first game...

Disgusting from the ref, neither were yellow cards. Devastated for Dybala.

afar repped this.
  2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No SA game without Argentina ghost red.

afar, Rattlehead and Burr repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He'll be back.

jaimito11 and Rattlehead repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not Dybalas first game. But eh close enough.

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Need to use this anger in a positive way. Draw fouls and get it back to ten a side as well.

I'd happily punch the referees face in.

cigar_city repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still pretty much early red for his NT career.

We need to sneak in one more goal and then turn on the defence mode.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #32 Rattlehead, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Romero with few secs of his clown moment.

I have to stream all qualifier game since local TV dont show most of it and Messi looks like bald guy from afar in my shitty streaming video, terrible hair colour.

Messi goal is pretty much what I expected from him when playing major tournament, tight space but still decided to shoot, that has bigger chance of going in rather than him passing it to Kun, Pipita or anyone else. Not saying his should do that all the time, but needs unleash more direct direct shot.

cigar_city and afar repped this.
  8. jaimito11

jaimito11 Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Even if we win this one and the next one too, it still sucks that we will have to wait until the next WCQ to see more of the Messi and Dybala connection.

afar repped this.
  9. jaimito11

jaimito11 Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Ugh why did Pratto not just shoot that...

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sub out Pratto. Hes doing nothing in the attack.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ref now also blocked Messi assist.

12. jaimito11

jaimito11 Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Wow SM, are you on the phone with Bauza? Seems like he listened to you:D

SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Banega needs to subbed in.

Rattlehead repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gaitan's in, he usually love to press alot, so it should be good since we're a man down.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sabella's team would have finish that counter attack.

3 points. Bad day for Dybala but good start for Bauza.

I think we just leapfrog Uruguay and lead the Conmebol in all sudden?

16. jaimito11

jaimito11 Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    I'll take that result, especially with the BS red card. I thought Uruguay did very well not to "earn" a compensating red card - good tactical discipline on their part.

Was that failed counter Gaitan's fault? I felt he could do better but there were like 4 guys immediately closing in on him.

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Solid defensive effort. But a lot of work attacking wise. Players need to step up and take responsibility. Like di Maria one on one passes back to Messi instead of making the tun to the byeline.

Dybala will come good. He has the talent. Just tried too hard. Alario was impressive. Some neat touches and calm in defence. He has the ability and temperament to be a striker for the seleccion. I hope he starts in Venezuela. And while Biglia was solid in a rearguard action against a mediocre Uruguay he contributed little in the first half.

We need a dynamic central midfielder in there like Fernandez/Banega/Vasquez. Messi once again had precious few options. Still too static off the ball.

Mascherano was my MOTM. He will be a huge miss when he retires. Solid defensively and creative with the ball and the real leader on the pitch.

cigar_city and jaimito11 repped this.
  18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Very impressed with Alario....great work rate plus very impressive footwork.

Dybala was trying too hard, but you can tell the difference in energy between him and Higgy or Aguero. Great shot that hit the post. Both his yellows were bogus. The first one, I thought he was the one who was actually fouled by Uruguay.

Messi's touches are out of this world....so glad he never left.

jaimito11 repped this.
  19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First place! Would've been nice to get a full game of Dybala with Messi and not have to play a man down but we'll take it. I agree Masche was MOTM.

Albiceleste2010 and Rattlehead repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good thing Masche is a bit like Zanetti , he still play like he's in mid 20's . Baring major injuries, Masche should be still in good shape by 2018, its less than 2 years away afterall. I'd say he still have 2 major tournaments left to play.

Still needs more player to step up and score apart from Messi. Messi did everything on his own for that goal, controlling the ball nicely , twisting and turning.

afar repped this.
  21. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This team still rely too much on Messi.

Cariverplate246 and afar repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Honestly, I think the defense was fairly good. As others have pointed out Masche was MOTM. Messi was wonderful as always.

I don't think we can criticize the attack and say we rely too greatly on Messi, just yet. When we had our 11 men, we played well, IMO. Dybala and Messi had a nice give and go and it was nice to see.

Dybala was clearly nervous for this game, he had a few bad give away(s) and was uncharacteristic of himself. Yet, we saw his brilliance with that shot that nearly led to our first goal. When was the last time we had one our forwards shoot from that distant that was close to going in (outside of Messi?).

Messi was hard on him, there was a moment where Dybala gave the wrong pass to him and Leo was clearly frustrated.That is a good thing, Messi wants Dybala to be able to contribute to the fullest and he himself has named Dybala as his heir to the #10. With that tip of the cap comes great responsibilities. Dybala will learn and will continue to grow. He showed how much the moment meant to him when got the red. Let's hope the AFA can appeal that red and he can play in the following game.

Offensively Pratto didn't do much. He helped the defense and ran back to win the ball. That is not the duty of a #9, it is nice to see but you must play off the shoulder of the last defender.

I guess with Messi likely out since he felt discomfort and Dybala likely out due to suspension, we may see something like, Correa, Alario(I think Bauza will give him a closer look), ADM and perhaps Coco spearheading the attack. Venezuela has something like 1 point from 7 games, we should win this even without Messi and Dybala.

---------------

I think the final analysis of Bauza's first game in charge is inconclusive. We didn't fully see the grasp of how he wanted his team to play. We won't see it in the next game either. But overall, I think defensively we were sound and I am looking forward to other matches in the near future.

Albiceleste2010, jaimito11, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  23. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Perfectly said bro,
    Its as if we were gonna start to get a glimpse of what was to come and there came that red card an threw off the whole moment,
    Still walked away with the W tho...
    Ppl need to understand when we play against Uruguay its not all about skills... Comes down to grimey tactics, overall rougher game

SupaMario repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great picture.

[​IMG]

jaimito11 and afar repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Expect Angelito to steal the show with the absent of Messi and Dybala. He'll run like headless chicken but we will eventually win the game with his assist or goal:whistling:

Suarez is another example of great player unable to do anything meaningfull because his team wasnt playing well.

The same with Messi, he cant win every single game on his own. At certain game somebody needs to step up.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.