Argentina squad of 23 for the World Cup

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well Heinze is really a full back, that is where he has played most of his career, and Jonas is obvously an option. Given his ability to run non-stop for 90 minutes.;)

2. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I read that Milito Lavezzi and Pastore are going to get cut from the squad. I guess Maradona doesnt like Serie A players but watching his decisions since he became coach has left me scratching my head. Shame for Argentina because I used to think this was their WC to win but not now.

3. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Dont trust goal.com.
    Its only wild speculation.

4. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

I think he also mentioned a while back that they might try Datolo as a LB! so that could work if you're goin attack mode all the way and Datolo is actually a good defender but i dont know about his defensive abilities when put as a LB

5. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

You really think he'll drop Pastore for Blanco? and do you seriously believe that he'll cut Lavezzi? and if he does then Argentina will have around 5 forwards considering he'll cut Lavezzi and Millito? so yeah i wouldnt really read into goal.com's BS

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldn't even trust Goal.com to tell me the time and date.

7. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    there is no way he cuts pastore. he is a maradona favorite. milito will be there too. maradona will announce the squad before milito even comes back from the CL final, so why include him in the 30 if he won't have a chance to prove himself for the 23?

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dunga is being criticised for not selecting Ronaldhino, Pato or Neymar, Lippi is being attacked for not choosing Toti, Micoli and Cassano, Domenech for not selecting Nasri, Benzema etc, etc. So it's not as if Maradona is own his own. It's just he always grabs the headlines.

9. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Yea we all have favorite players and every coach has his as well so lets see. Btw i was dissapointed that i wasnt selected i thought i had a slight chance :eek:

10. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If he leaves Milito off than he has serious issues. Not saying Milito should be starting but he should defiantly be on the list. Milito, Higuain, Tevez, Messi and Aguero should be no brainers.

11. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the first I've ever heard of this, here or anywhere else. My take on the situation was that Pekerman was upset with Zanetti because of his attitude or lack there of during the Ecuador WCQ game that we lost 2-0. After that Zanetti was as good as dead to Pekerman. Not saying that you are wrong just telling you what I've read.

First of all, I never stated that it was the reason for his exclusion. I was simply giving a "for instance" as to why Cuchu wasn't included with the group. Come on man, stop it, you are deliberately trying to start conflict.

I believe in the plan. I've always believed in it. You can call me whatever you want. I don't care.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And it's not as if Zanetti and Cambiasso are a couple of 19 year olds who have never played in majour tournaments for Argentina.

They have both featured in world cups and Copa America's and it hasn't really made any difference to the outcome, that is in no way to imply that they are somehow responsible for Argentina not having won a major tournament for over 14 years, just to point out that they have both had a go. Yes, I am more than aware that you can make the same point about Veron, and it would be a fair one, so what it comes down to is the managers preference, there is no plot or conspiracy, it's just that on this ocassion Maradona as the manager has decided not to select those 2 players. Just as Pekerman did not pick Zanetti, Samuel or Demichelis, and Biesla did not pick Riquelme or Saviola or Menotti did not pick Maradona, it's what managers do.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Quite a few people were baffled.

But the difference was that Pekerman wasn't playing someone like Otamendi(ugh) at RB and Heinze was still playing at a very good level at LB. Zanetti is better than any RB or LB the team could put out right now. Way better I'd say. So it makes it much more ridiculous to leave him out this year.

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, Pekerman took Scaloni. :eek:

15. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Garce and Burdisso can play fullback.

16. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008

I love your arguements and most of the time we do agree but Scaloni and Coloccini? i mean come on Otamendi is like ten times better than both combined! Cruz over Millito? seriously?

I agree Banega, Zanetti should be there i totally agree but i also have my doubts about Pupi cause his last couple of games for the NT he really couldn't catch up with any player with some sort of speed on the other team! So i personally would have thought about selecting him twice before hand

and i remember a yr or two ago when we were bashing Cambiasso for not showing up everytime he put on a NT jersey right? We all thought he either wasn't interested or just didnt care and at the same time was having great performances for Inter!

But again to this list of 30 I personally would have hadd Pareja, Banega, Ansaldi on this list for sure other than those 3 Millito is injured, Zanetti as i stated and Cambiasso the same thing so yea i dont agree with Maradona but trust me we would all have different teams if we had to select players because of how different we all view and see the game.

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I meant to say Sorin at LB. Heinze played CB in the cup.

The difference is Otamendi is a starter while those two we were never going to get much playing time if any at all.

The difference to me is that Cambiasso was played out of position for a long time. Always on the left or the right MF. IN this formation Diego is using he would finlly have gotten to ply in the middle where he's more comfortable. I think that would have made a difference.

Anyway this thread is over 1000 posts so it's time to close it.

You can continue the discussion and respond to me if you want in the other thread Viejo Matias had opened about the list of 30.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424963