Pre-match: Argentina - Ecuador : Eliminatorias

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we beat Colombia ... because of this tie they can sleep sort of comfortable that we didn't come close to them .. they have 8 points.. we would've had 6 if we didn't tie in buenos aires...

Ecuador will go strong at Colombia... oh boy .. believe that ! Y ellos no se van a dejar mangonear tampoco xp bien ellos saben lo que se les viene en el proximo !!! Ecuador has very good chances at winning this next game. The NT cannot afford to lose or even tie another one.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From another poster...thought I would share his;

3. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    ¿que les dije?

felicitaciones, lastima el empate al ultimo minuto pero bueno, es un buen resultado....me alegra

ahora nos toca a ustedes, que gane el mejor

4. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A few observations, what do you guys think?

1). I think Hurtado should retire asap, that equalizer goal was practically assisted by him. I don't know if that was just bad luck but this isn't the first time he gets a big error.

2). I thought the back taking on Messi (Mina?) had a few really stupid moves. He should have cleared it a few times he just looked stupid and got it taken.

3). Did you see how many ppl they had on Guerron? IMO he had a good game unfortunately no goals, i still think hes a good prospect though.

4). Goal by urrutia- PURE class, what a goal! Why isn't this guy constantly called up to the NT that often? Maybe because Mendez replaces him?

5). Cevallos wasted sooo much time lol, but hes def a starter, he had some good saves.

Other than that I thought Ecuador played an ok counterattack . I didn't see much of Benitez when he came in but thats prolly because the ball wasn't really played on that side when he came in LOL.

Could we have won? Yeah, but honestly Argentina had some risky attacks after Ecuador scored and that was proven in the last minute. The ref was very bad in my opinion he gave a lot of freekicks to Argentina and didn't call that penalty for Guerron which was getting beat up by those damn Argies.

In retrospect, it was still a good game and their play gives me hope against Colombia, where we obviously must win.

5. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    colombia has 9 points.... good luck on wednesday, I honestly think the biggest mistake was your coach subbing in so many people with the game almost over, it was an obvious ploy to waste time but he disconnected the great play going on by the ecuadorians and instead played with mostly a defensive counter attack style, the argentina goal wasn't a surprise, sixto should have been more careful with his subs... the reason the ref added additional time was because the ref was making all those subs as well, he prob. felt it was unsportsmanlike of sixto, which I must admit, kind of was.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    apparently theres a rule that for every sub, they add 20-30 seconds to stoppage. had sixto not made any subs, or maybe one, we would have finished the game with the win...it was foolish to make that last change, we should have put more forward pressure....when we score, we should immediately look for the second, then the third, then the fourth....etc.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Argentina made just as many subs...3 that are allowed as per the rules of the game. Sixto decided to use his allowable three subs, for whatever his reasons, you can't call that unsportmanlike. Cevallos wasting time, thats unsportmanlike.

I agree with the rest though...

8. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Congratulations on a great game but lets not get overboard with 'incredible counter attacks'. Ecuador as Mourinho says 'parked the team coach in front of their goal'. I could see right away that Ecuador were looking for the draw with a full strenght defensive tactic. You basically had the whole team in your own half defending, the only shot you have on goal you score, and what a great goal it was.

Theres no doubt the same wont be said for Wednesday. Its true all those time wasting techniques ended up stabbing you in the back i.e. subs and them also walking sllllowlyyy to your bench.

The whole Argentinian team were poor. Messi was their only threat. Ecuador deserved something outta the game no doubt and they got it.

9. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hard to tell what u wanna say there, but I donno how u can say we went for the tie when Ecuador had attacking ambtion and went ahead and should have won if not for the biased ref, who turned down our PK that was fully deserved thanks to the best player in the COpa Libertadores, Joffre Guerron.

And against Colombia, you guys don have a pray. You guys are improved team, but with very little offensive weapons.

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Did anyone notice how many openings there were as soon as Bolanos came in. I would have rather have Bolanos over Tenorio in the start. Those two communicate so good together. I did not see it at first but my friend pointed out how Tenorio did absolutely nothing in the game. If it wasn't for that pass, our judgment of him would have been different. He's not the same player.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ecuador played as any other team would play in Buenos Aires against Argentina - conservative and smart. This shouldn't be a surprise. We weren't looking to beat them in stats, we were looking to stop their attack, then get a few of our own chances and take advantage of them.

Saying Argentina played poor is not giving credit to Ecuador. We freakin' neutralized those guys, by playing physically and tactically smart soccer, and by understanding their strengths and weaknesses and ours too.

Now against Colombia we will be unleashing our offense, adding guys like Benitez, Ambrossi, and letting our superfast wingers like Guerron, Valencia and Bolan~os loose to do all sorts of damage.

Psychologically we have the advantage of knowing we had Argentina begging for time in their own stadium. Even though we choked at the end we proved that this is a different team than the one last year under Suarez.

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Why you ask?

Why did the ref not call Argentina's offside?
    Why did the ref celebrate Argentina's goal?
    Why did the ref no call a penalty when Guerron was brutally tackled?

13. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Palabras
    Palabras
    Palabras

You have got to be kidding me. You should be peeing in your pants thinking about Wednesday.

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    you are right about the subs.

15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Very good point loco,,,your thinking like me!;)

16. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Un robo Monumental!:mad:Just like 25 years ago a ref with the same name f!cked us over,,,,,,ladron hijo de @#$%.Tampoco pito el penal.
    Ecuador really surprised me yesterday,,I was talking sh!t about Mina and the man played alright not bad,,but he needs to be more consistent.La unica desconcentracion de la zaga tricolor produced argentina's gol,,,WTF.La Sombra and especially Bam Bam f!cked up on that last play,I guess estaban confiados que el arbrito lanbom iba pitar la final del partido,,,Cevallos almost had it,,,great f!cking game de Cevallos btw.Bonito gol fue de la Tri,it was funny cause during those toquesitos el Monumental de Nunes gritaba el ''OLE,OLE".
    But the man who played his ball off yesterday was Tono Valencia,,,,,playing in Enlgand has turned him into a better baller with out a doubt.The kid most def has potential for bigger and better things,,such has Arsenal,Liverpool and Manchester United,,clubs that are eye balling hard body.(looking at him very closely)Villareal is a fool for letting him go.
    Guerron's debut en la eliminatorias wasn't that serious,,I still think the man will do better coming off the bench.I see a win on our next game against Colombia,,,,con esta amargue empate La Tri va ir con todo in the next game.

17. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Urrutia deserves some high praise as well.

18. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Yes we should be peeing our pants, we happen to be only one of two teams that are undefeated in the WCQ. We also beat argentina and tied with Brazil, you guys lost to brazil (what a loss that was) and tied with Argentina. If you want to talk stats, we have done better than you the last 5 rounds.

Let's see what happens on wed, but please don't get oevr confident, thats as unsportmanlike as the time wasting performed by your goalie.

19. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Stats say crap in this game. You obviously do not follow our futball to know what is going on.

Looks like we are back at it arguing. :rolleyes: How many times do I have to say I told you so?

20. SAME OL PETE

SAME OL PETE New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    did any of you guys watch the game through jump tv? The damn Paraguay v Brazil game and the Ecuador v Argentina were unwatchable sucked ass screen just kept saying preparing...ready..... I watched the Colombia v Peru game the day before through Jump with 0 problems....I live in L.A.:mad:

21. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

why would I follow your futbol? anyway may the best team win on wed. and stats say alot, I will say however that your team is very quick. The speed on your team scares me alot. You have very fast players, something that does not help our defense. Our best defender got his nose broken by a peruvian and now we are left with two older players who will have difficulty in the defense.

what I will say is a negative on your team is the amount of fouls committed. They committed so many fouls near the box. Granted so did Argentina, but Ecuador had alot of free kicks given to Argentina, you can't do that with some teams, they might score a goal on a free kick.

Lets see what happens, my only hope is that your defense is caugh off guard, it seems to be something that happens since you have such great offense.

22. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea.. you guys have the better stats in this WCQ .. I concede that... you tied a very ugly Brasil team this time around, but you did so tie also Peru - another ugly team you tied. and also with Bolivia.. and yes you beat Argentina now that was the impressive one out of all of them.. I give you that. But give credit, b/c Ecuador tied them over there in their turf and was winning till the last 5 seconds...

Sure there are some ecuadorians saying things that are a little "presumidos" but that's b/c the chances of a victory are very real.. And if you think some of us are presumidos which is not true- atleast not me, THEN LOOK AT YOUR OWN COACH ... you should never count your chickens before they hatch!

'Vamos a Ecuador a ganar,' dijo el estratega colombiano, quien admitió que su preocupación es reforzar el trabajo en defensa, la recuperación y el manejo del balón.

23. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Stats don't mean nothing in futbol,,,every game is different.Yeah we got raped by Brasil and this was when Ecuador was under Suarez.Right now Ecuador is a totally different team,Vizuete has change the squad's mood.They look alive once again,,,something Suarez wasn't able to do.If you have watched Ecuador that started the eliminatorias with the one today,you will see that it's a whole new attitude.
    I don't think being over confident is being unsportsmanlike,if anything it's a good way of motivating your ballers.

24. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    guayaquileño, i think this "vamos a ecuador a ganar" is not exactly being pressumptive....i mean do you expect him to say that we are going (with purpose) to loose or tie

if he said, we are above ecuador which is why we will win, then ok but pinto is just stating the obvious, i.e. we didnt come for a loose or a tie, we came to win which is what all teams strive for

now the equadorian coach was indeed quoted saying that ecuador has better futbol than colombia and, well, a victory is but a mere formality....you giys realize that like ecuador colombia also has about four players rested for the ecuador match that did not play against peru...

anyways, ecuador has a very good team, i said this before anyone in the ecuador forum said it even though i am colombian....at the time the forum claims made by ecuadorians was that "we have 98%" chance of loosing to argentina and now the aura against colombia is that there is no way we can loose (not you, guayaquileño)

it is too emotional and i guess that while we definately recognize that ecuador is by no means an esay game, please lets not start a war over who is best or who has better stats because if the competition was to stop right now and the top five were to go....well

25. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An argument is the last thing I'm going for... actually who was the one to bring up stats?? But anyway... Like I have been saying and will say again .. this game can go both ways.. Both teams play in altitude and both are a young team more or less. The advantages I see in Ecuador are the physicallness, speed and offense of the team. In Colombia I see a good midfield and defence. Ecuador's weakness I would say is defense, I say this because the NT always seems to eff it up in the last minutes and concede a stupid goal or one that could have very well been prevented. In Colombia I see the weakness in the offense. May the best team win.