Are you ready? Tomorrow you will be in Paradise . . .

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Sine Pari, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Read the article here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-1692606,00.html

About the author -

2. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    And I thought it was because of the occupiers. Silly me.

3. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Very interesting. I was immediately struck by one thing - it seemed that they join the fight because of anger/patriotism, but blow themselves up after a long period of 'brainwashing'. I think this is an excellent article, and I feel smarter for reading it - thanks.

He wanted to incite others to revolt/kill. And not, presumably, because there's a shortage of virgins in heaven waiting for dozens of deserving men.

Ahhh...i know this is argued elsewhere that poverty does not create bombers, but I still think its false. Poverty/oppression gives dissilluioned idealistic middle-class kids an excuse to blow themselves up.

More evidence that its not virgin-based, but resistance/heroism based. But c'mon, that's not fun - BRING ON THE VIRGINS!

WHAT? He doesn't even get to bang them? Being surrounded by 72 yappy clueless teenagers, and not even a little ************** orgy? That's definitely not a happy ending.

It almost struck me as like drug-addicts. Say some teen girl loves rockstar x, becomes a groupie, does heroin and gets addicted. Then goes out and steals to maintain her habit. She committed the crime because after she joined the lifestyle, her body 'brainwashed' her. But she didn't become a groupie to do heroin and steal. Same with many palestinians I guess - they join to fight - and a few that are fully brainwashed after extensive training blow themselves up. Kinda like an AP class for the resistance. But the majority fight on in less spectacular ways.

4. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

My pleasure

I get a lot of these as link via lists I'm on

5. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Good article. Here's the interesting thing. A would-be martyr says ...

“The power of the spirit pulls us upward, while the power of material things pulls us downward,” he said.

And yet the purpose of a suicide bomb is to achieve a strictly material world goal of sacred land or earthly kingdom or what-have-you. Violent, paradoxical religion: Islam.

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  7. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I think this comment is pretty stupid to describe what you have just read. Drug addicts? Oh come on. Drug addicts doing things are totally beyond their own control. The "martyrdom bombers" here have the prefect control of themselves, from soul to mind to body. Probably something the "material pulled down" Americans would never understand.

"The Israelis kill our children and our women. This is war, and innocent people get hurt.” - that tells us the real motive of suicdie bombing.

8. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Famous motivational lies...72 virgins and a mule.

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Of course it's the Jews, who else. I don't think this phrase will ever go out of style. By the way how was your neo-nazi meeting, did you learn something new or just that the Jews are ruining the world again.

10. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know about tomorrow, but I may be in Paradise on Saturday on my way to Lancaster.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Just like you have the "prefect" control of your spelling. The suicide bombers are "perfect" ass holes who trade their disaffected youth for a bogus ideology that they believe gives meaning to their useless existences. Better to blow yourself & others up than to try to make the world, even your little corner of it, a better place.

12. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

I meant it more to illustrate how a person joins a bad crowd for one reason, but commits crimes for completely different ones after their brain gets 'rewired' (mentally or physically)

13. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    So by now everyone here after reading the article should realize that using force fight terrorism is not the best effective way because bad result of using force is one of the excuses for the bombers to act.

Instead, use education, use financial aid, make people's life in these poor areas better, give half of the money for Israel to Palestine, etc., That eliminates the source of bombers entirely.

In other words, if you can eliminate injust in ME, you eliminate bloody violence.

Am I right, ITN?

14. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

I'm not ITN ( thank God ) but you could not be more wrong.

15. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    You need to tell people why I'm wrong.

16. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    verybdog: For you especially I recommend the work* I cited below... it would help you understand the problem... What you cited above does not address the problem. What is needed is a proactive solution to the Muslim Madrasses teaching the extremist's viewpoint; these are terrorist factories. No amount of benevolence on the part of the USA will solve this problem. While not all madrasses advance the extremist warped mentality, those that do need to be sought out and terminated.

*American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us, Stephen Emerson, Copyright 2002, Simon and Schuster, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10020, ISBN: 0-7432-3324-7 (hardback)

17. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    You see, in order to implement the bogus ideology, you need to find disaffected youth.

Why there are so many disaffected young? Can you tell us?

18. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    They (extremist muslims, terrorists, etc.) hate you. They hate me. They hate Jews. They hate you/me because you/me are viewed by them as Christians/heretics. They hate Jews because they hate Jews. They hated non-Muslims 1000 years ago. They hated non-Muslims 100 years ago. They will hate non-Muslims 100 years from now. You can feed them, educate them, clothe, house, and do whatever. They will still hate you.

19. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    It's hard for me to believe that. Even animals wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them.

Of course, we have not done this yet: to feed them, to educate them, to clothe and house them. Let the Israeli govrenment do that. Let the US government do that. Start it now. Do that for a decade or one generation, we will see the difference.

20. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Why should we feed them and clothe them and house them, are they feeble-minded, disabled, meak, or otherwise incapable of feeding themselves? WTF?

21. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

What about the Jewish extremists in Israel ? Do we giev them money and clothes and homes ?

How about the Christian extremists here in the USA ? Do we do the same thing ?

You are making the fundamental mistake in not seeing that this is more than an economic or social issue

22. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Isn't being disaffected a common affliction of the young? goth/punk/heavy metal/industrial music has made an industry of it here in the USA.

Perhaps that's a key part of the solution - finding a better way to channel the energies of the disaffected, because there will always be that group.

Poverty reduction is not the sole answer. Force is not the sole answer. Well, it could be if you want to be another Saddam/Stalin.

But you need a mixture of tactics. Force to eliminate the unconvertable. Inclusive government to get people involved. Transparency and fairness, to reduce disaffection. Celebrity marriages too distract people from real problems.

heavy use of carrots and sticks.

23. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I disagree. Do you know what kind of benevolence on the part of the US has been given to Palestinian since 2000?

I think terrorism is a form of politics. The politics caused by or at least utilizing the injust around the world to advance their agenda, be it genuine or not. Brute forces can not eliminate terrorism as long as the source or foundation of it (poverty and injust) exists.

24. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Verybdog -- ITN's bizarre mirror twin.

25. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Maybe you can answer these questions then:

"Why do we walk for hunger? WTF?"

"Why do we walk for homelessness? WTF?"