Are you going to the USOC Final on Wednesday???

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by XaviusX, Oct 13, 2003.

1. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so all of us here can have an idea of how many BigSoccer members will be going or not. Hope most, if not all of you, will be there. Also, be sure you bring someone else with you to the match. This would be a perfect time to bring someone who has never been to a Metros' or any other Soccer game! Thanx!

2. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    I will be there, with a minimum of three in tow. And one is an EPL Purist who refuses to believe that a Metros V. Man City match would be worth the price of admission. So, Go Metros. Play the match you're capable of PLEASE.

3. Sporting16w

Sporting16w New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Whoa, why the hit against City.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I'll be there. Of course, this has to be held on the same night as Mexico-Uruguay, but I'll tape that off Telemundo and watch it when I get home.

I've grown an intense hatred for Chicago, emanating from Zach Thornton's attempted murder of Amado Guevara back in June. I hope the Metros mop the floor with the bastards.

Now, let's turn the thread over to all the college kids, who are under the impression that something they may remember with joy for a lifetime should be superceded by some classroom BS they'll forget next month.

5. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'd just like to let you know that we reciprocate your love for us.

Now to a very important question... Where is a good place to eat and booze near the stadium?

Thanks in Advance...

6. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    Re: Re: Are you going to the USOC Final on Wednesday???

Well, if you consider Manhattan to be near the stadium, go to Nathan Hale's, eat, drink and meet Tommy Smyth. For more info, see one of the threads on pre-match activities in this forum.

Or, you could tailgate at Giants Stadium.

I think there are some bars/restaurants near the stadium in Jersey, but someone else will have to give you the lowdown on those.

7. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Try the Sewers, I hear that is where CHICAGO Fans feel more at home!

8. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Re: Re: Re: Are you going to the USOC Final on Wednesday???

NH should really be a METRO bar. F everyone else, there are plenty of other places this jerkoff can drink.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    oh I agree. Though it does help I don't actually have class that night. :)

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Re: Are you going to the USOC Final on Wednesday???

Thanks Paul. We're coming from Newark Airport and won't have that much time to go to Manhattan.

Just looking for something decent around the Meadowlands.

11. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I have about 12 heads(will be new personal record) on my list whom many are new comers to the Metros. Really hope we win and keep some of these new fans...

VIVA METROS!!!!
    FCUK the FIRE!!!

12. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many of you are taking someone else with you?
    If you are taking others, Are they new to Metros' games or are they just regulars you take along all the time, such as family members, friends, etc....

Que Viven los METROS!!!

13. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    two regulars and about 8-10 newbies...

14. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    One newbie -- and my wife. She's not new.

(sigh)

But then, neither am I.

To the guys coming to the match via Newark -- there is no place within walking distance of The Swamp to get food and drink. You'd have to buy stadium food -- which is okay if you are really hungry, but it's pricey -- or eat at the airport before the match.

When we do this again two years from now, there will be pubs and restaurants in Harrison to choose among. But for now, without a lot of time on your hands, the options are few.

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Dumb question -- the PA buses will be running like a regular Metro game right?

16. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend

Just have your professor cancel!

17. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    like a true METRO pimp, haha, i will not only be missing both night classes, but i'm skipping a day of work...and im using it as an excuse to get this hottie's number so she can hook me up with whatever im supposedly "missing" by not going...f' college, f' chicago...UP METRO

18. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    God I hope not, there's only so many times I want to give directions to the bus driver...

19. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    If you have a rental car there are plenty of places along Rt. 17 just north of the sports complex. If you really know your way around the area try Rut's Hut, the best bad food in the Northeast. It's just off of Rts. 3 & 21 in Clifton.

20. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

If you have a rental car try this place, it's not too far from Giants Stadium.

http://www.grasshopperrestaurants.com/

21. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESC is running a bus or possibly two from NH. If that works for you

22. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sheraton across the street..over route 3 has a sports bar, not the greatest food, but plenty of beer and it's about 500 yards away from the stadium..

23. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC

Hey man, same here. (cough) 1908. ;).

As mentioned, the stadium is in the middle of nowhere really, and there isn't too much close by. Your best bet is to take the turnpike north to exit 16, take route 3 west (you'll pass the stadium), take 17 north about three miles and you'll hit a strip mall area with a Houlihan's, a Friday's and a couple of other theme restaurant type places (plus every white castle, mcdonalds, taco bell and subway you could want). It's a 5 minute drive from the stadium. That's your best bet for safe dining near the stadium. You can then take 17 back south to Patterson Plank Road (Rte 120 east) and you're right at the stadium. You don't really want to eat at the stadium, and you'd have to drive into an actual town (which Rutherford, east, west or otherwise is not) to find a real restaurant or bar.

24. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    Red's is pretty good and probably the closest to the stadium