Are you going to LA for the final?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TEConnor, Nov 7, 2004.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS Cup Travel Information - LA, HDC, Gameday Info and More :: DC United Edition

It's actually based on best regular season record.

As for drumsticks, try to contact MLS about that. Last year both SJ and Chicago supporters were able to negotiate for drumsticks to be allowed. Apparently some of the stadium policies were different from normal because MLS rather than AEG is in charge of the venue for MLS Cup.

For those who still haven't booked a flight, JetBlue from Dulles to Long Beach is a good option, if the price is right (I do see that some of you are doing this already). Long Beach Airport is slightly closer to Carson than LAX, and it's much easier to deal with in terms of crowds, traffic, etc. compared to LAX.

2. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS Cup Travel Information - LA, HDC, Gameday Info and More :: DC United Edition

I offered a buddy of mine, a United season ticket holder, the following offer. A ticket in section 130, oceanfront accomodations(my house), all meals, dinner at the Monarch Bay Beachclub, all the Guiness/Boddingtons/MacAllan you can drink, transfers to and from the airport and game, viewing of a CSL U-15 Gold game, and I even price shopped airline tickets for him. He said "no he can not make it".

If he does not change his mind, I will release his name on this board for ridicule and derision from all.

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump -- any more going to be able to make it?

4. cindyland

cindyland New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    My husband and I are going. We've got seats in section 230, like some others who've posted here. Looking forward to going somewhere warmer!

cindy

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know of about 10 or 12 more that are going that don't post on Bigsoccer. :)

6. AEK

AEK Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish!!!

7. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four tickets in section 130.

Went last year when we first moved here.

This is special though. GO United!!!!

8. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Invited a buddy from Columbia.

Offered him one of our tickets, accomodations, food, beverages and transfers to and from the airport and game. All he needed was an airline ticket. He is bagging out on me.

If he does not change his mind, I will tell everyone on Bigsoccer his name so he can be jeered and mocked.

9. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Perhaps....I may see all y'all out there after all.....not sure yet...

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    DUDE!! You gotta make it. The first round's on me :)

11. dcuvabeach

dcuvabeach New Member

May 9, 2002
    Just booked my flight out of Va Beach for Saturday morning for the game...No idea where my seats are, but I could care less..as long as i am there.

GT DOPPLER...come on, buddy, you gotta go..I mean if I can make it to all but two games and commute from Va Beach for the games, you can make it to LA...besides, what else are you going to do??

12. Beaker

Beaker Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished making all the necessary reservations. My head hurts, my eyes are tired, my credit card is screaming, but I'm so psyched I probably won't sleep much tonight!!! I thought I was jazzed all last week waiting for Saturday's game. I now know that was nothing!! I still trying to figure out how to bring the lucky cookies for the tailgate (3-0 when I bring them to the SE tailgate tent).

I know I'm not known, but I look forward to meeting a bunch of you all out there. I'll be there with my wife and a recent futbol convert. We'll be staying at the Best Western Marina with a lot of you.

See you there.

Sandy

13. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woohoo! After much soul-searching and waffling and pondering of credit card balances I finally made my reservations so I will be there. My fourth MLS Cup but only the second one that DC has played in. This is gonna be sweet.

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Damned impressive numbers on this thread.

The equivalent thread on the Wizards board - not so impressive.

15. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Aug 19, 2000
    Baltimore Federal Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am living in Glendale, Arizona while getting an MBA at Thunderbird. My weekend is going to be extremelly busy with school work but I am considering making the long trip out to LA. (What's a little hit to the GPA?) I have been lurking on the Home Depot tickets' page for the last two nights.

I hate these decisions. What should I do? I think I know your answer. Ha ha.

It would be cool to meet up with some of you if I go. I can pound beers with the best of them.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Do it!
    Do it!
    Do it!
    Do it!

17. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    I'm a LA transplant from Virginia attending grad school out west. I'm going to find my DC United jersey from the late 90s and sit with the screaming eagles.

See you guys there.

18. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    58 yes so far, but my yes counts for two since Jan and I are both going to LA. I wonder how many others count for two or more.

We're going to stay at my father-in-law's place in San Pedro. Jan said she's going to hang around there on Saturday night, so I'll be going to the Supporters' Bash by myself. Any idea how much a cab would cost between San Pedro and Hollywood? Pretty expensive, I'd wager, right?

19. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    My one vote counts for both myself and my wife.

As an aside, any idea what color DC United is going to be wearing at the game?

20. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK

I saw AirTran is running a deal (today only), $119 each way, special web fare from BWI to LAX (leave Sat 6:30 am and come back on Monday, leave 7:40 am). Not non stop but this is a cheap deal. Their website is www.airtran.com

K

21. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

Gotcha. Thanks.

22. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

Since Kansas wear light blue shirts, I hope the brass at MLSHQ & ABC will allow us the right to wear our home blacks, regardless of who the "home" team is.

23. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999

Agreed.

At the very least, I'd like us to be in the black shorts.

Tim

24. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    The problem with LA traffic is that it is really hit or miss and very dependent on time of day. Late night coming back from hollywood might not be that bad. I would guess atleast 40 or 50 bucks though. For comparison, just going from LAX to santa monica without bad traffic has run me 20-25 dollars.

But for the amount of your taxi ride up to hollywood and back you can probably rent a car.

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'd second this suggestion. In LA you're better off renting a car than relying on cabs.