Are you fed up with TFC now?

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ArteEtLabore, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's like politics. When the guy you don't like has less education, he's a ignoramus and a reprobate. When the guy you don't like has a lot of education, he's a pompus ivory tower know-it-all.

PattySajak repped this.
  2. PattySajak

PattySajak Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    true story

upper management doesn't always = most intelligent, just means you know how to talk out of your ass and have a sexy ass network of contacts

3. StewartJG

StewartJG Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Yes, I'm fed up with TFC.
    It's not because they're sh*t.
    It's because they require me to pay so much to watch sh*t.
    I don't mind paying over the top for alcoholic consolation.
    However, when the chance of winning is less than the percentage of alcohol in the beer I want to pay less for the privilege of attending.
    Every time I've tried to get a ticket, it's been insultingly expensive.

I suggest achievement-related prices: discounted according to the team's league standing at the time of the match, maybe $2 off for every place out of playoff position, and season ticket holders would get a rebate.
    I expect they would recoup any gate losses on the concessions.
    If not, t'fc em: they can be patient and make profit playoffs in a few years' time!

4. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Another outsider here, and one that you might be inclined to dismiss considering the state of my team. I can only offer that I'm a long suffering (25 + years) Seattle Mariners fan. I do remember the early 90's when it seemed there were more Blue Jay than M's fans in the Kingdome when we played you guys.
    Being a fan of a crap team is a bit of a dilemma. We are trapped by our love of the team and the sport, but hate to give our hard earned money to the monkeys throwing darts at a board. Each person makes their own decision, but should not be judged by it. I'm sure that those that opt not to buy tickets are just as passionate about the Reds to those that suffer at BMO.
    I just hope you all don't lose sight that what MLS has become, fan support wise, is largely because of you guys. Also, it has only been 5 years, or 6 if you like. This may seem a long time in a capped league, but there are fans who have suffered longer. Take pride in what you have created in Toronto, and when your team finally does win the cup, you can all give the rest of us a well deserved "******** Off and Die" salute.

5. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I was being glib, also I said 'hard' - not 'impossible'.

This organization is dysfunctional - and until that is sorted - I'm not expecting much.

I know plenty of smart/talented Ryerson grads - albeit none of Anselmi's cohort - I'm not sure that's a fair assessment.

5+ years of mostly shit football on his watch, that's what I'm holding him to task for.