Are you being sued?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Sep 13, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    My question is - can lawsuits reverse a four-year decline in music sales?

Whoa, they are nasty aren't they? Suing everybody.

I say - fvck these music industry bloody suckers! Hell to their music! Let's refuse to buy any CDs!

2. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less

Man i heard about those lawsuits.i just don't know what those RIAA *@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#s are thinking anymore.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Re: Are you being sued?

The law is the law. :D

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Re: Are you being sued?

Music sales are way down.

They're thinking, "a lot of our customers are 14-25 year olds with computers and lots of free time to download music and not a lot of disposable cash. We're fuvked!"

OTOH, CDs are a total f-ing ripoff.

On the third hand, when you use models instead of musicians, what do you expect?

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    While I agree that file swapping is illegal, I think suing to raise CD sales is a joke. Personally, I was buying about 15 CDs or so a year before and during the whole file swapping craze in question. Since the RIAA started this, I'm down to about 4 or 5 a year, and those only if there is a sale or something (like the $ 10 virgin megastore sale).

Between the RIAA's tactics, the forcefeeding of programmed crap from the likes of clear channel and the preponderance of absolute junk coming out of the music industry, I'm in unofficial boycott mode. I don't want to let my anger with the industry make me miss out of some great music, but how long do we have to put up with the drum machined Christinka Agulieras of the world before they go away? Much as I hate the whole TRL-ing of the music scene, I'm even more afraid of what happens if that lot gets thrown out, because the stuff that replaces them could be worse.

I was watching mtv/vh1 last night for the first time in about 4 years and they mentioned that Usher had a $ 50,000 birthday party with Artic Wolf and a black panther at the party. Sh!t like this is why I have to pay $ 18 for a CD? (And no, I don't buy Usher CDs).

But yeah, few industries have been able to attack their consumers and survive.