Are you aware of any Quakes fan that moved with the team to Houston?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Big Strong Patrick, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been wondering about this topic for some time and would genuinely like to know the answer. I moved to Columbus (from Massachusetts) in 2000 and the Crew are what keeps me from moving out of state. I acknowledge that California is one of the most desirable places to live in the country and other areas would reasonably be considered a downgrade. I'm sure that San Jose retaining the team's identity must have been a factor to keep people from moving but I still wonder.

2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny...

3. Corralitos Sam

Corralitos Sam New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Yes!!!! I sold my home for a loss, then quit my Silicon Valley job and gave up all my stock-options. I moved from California which has some of the most wonderful weather in the world to Texas, home of tornados, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and humidity, not to mention a state which has the mosquito as the state bird.

I did all of this to follow a soccer team!!!!! Not just any soccer team, but an MLS team!!!!

4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short answer, "no"

No one left San Jose to move to Houston to root for their expansion team.

5. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's always nice to see someone chose their perfect Avatar.

6. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    wtf? Jim to tha mothafukin Anchower? Is that you? Ah, homey I ain't seen you in a minute.

7. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. None of my friends suck that badly.

GOOOOOO QUAAAAAAAKES!!!!!!! :D

- Mark

8. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Man, give the frog-man a break. It's an odd question, but politely offered, and there may be some post-MLS Cup euphoria at work here.

I don't think anyone can say for sure, but it seems doubtful that anyone would have moved from the bay area to Houston just to follow the relocated team. Of course families of players and staff excepted.

9. methodic

methodic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rockwall, TX.
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say that I moved but I did take out a small equity line of credit and purchased a small farm and three other properties, one of which is a multi unit property full of tenants and the other being razed given its commercial zoning. I figure that if you live in Houston there aren’t enough places that sell fire water to drown your miseries.

The other bright side is that many properties there sell for the going rate on a used Yugoslavian compact car.

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Froggy says that he moved from Massachusetts in 2000 to Columbus and the Crew has kept him in Columbus. Is the Crew the reason that he left Massachusetts. Not clear on that.

I've talked to local people who were at the first Quakes-Dynahoe game this past season, and were wearing the Creamsicle shirt. I had a hard time keeping from regurgitating, but that's how it is when conversing with the weak-minded (or is it weak-willed?).

11. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The appropriate word is "tasteless."

12. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just one: Dominic Kinnear.

13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This is a fair question, but this is the wrong forum to post it. It belongs in the Houston forum. Hey, don't scoff! I can imagine that if I were, say, 21 years old and kind of bumming around unable to find a real job and my family lived in Houston and then my team moved -- well, that might motivate me to move back home and mooch off mom and dad for a while. Especially if I knew I couldn't expect to see any local MLS games for 3 seasons.

Otherwise, can't imagine it.