Are you 22? The 2016-17 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We win titles and make profit.

condor11 repped this.
  2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's only Bravo's decision as he has a contract with Barcelona valid until 2018. No one told him to leave and was also offered a contract extension but he decided to leave. I don't know how you end with "not only Bravo's decision"?

But I agree with you that Barca got good money and have the perfect replacement in Ter Stegen.

3. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The issue is he has a contract and we can't force him out. Which one is a better scenario? He sits, do nothing and don't play at all but he is still getting paid OR loan him, hope that he might improve his resale value but we still pay for it. I don't think any club in Spain would pay for him atm.

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

You could still win titles without so many crappy deals, mediocre players who eventually are loaned out etc.. just cause you have Messi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar (who win the titles for you) etc doesn't mean you can/should just waste money on nothing.. its idiotic IMO. Most of the scouts, people in charge of the transfers are absolute sh#t in Barca. Year after year they keep buying 3-4 shitty players and perhaps 1 decent.

If youd take all the wasted money on these deals/players youd probably have a larger profit and afford to buy players who can make a difference. Probably more than 1B€ wasted over past 10 years on idiots.

It goes way back.. he shouldn't be there to begin with.

puyol repped this.
  5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What piss me off the most is Barcelona wasted so many months negotiating to sign a talented youngster Marco Asensio for only 4m, instead they signed a player like Douglas for 5m. Asensio agent confirmed that Barcelona was the first to contact him but then they choose no to sign him in 2014. Madrid was fast to react and signed him for 3.9m

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hindsight is always 20-20 (perfect vision). Douglas always seemed like an odd signing but you have to remember that Alves was free to opt out while we're unable to register anyone, so Douglas was a cheap (by Barca standards) way to have more coverage than just Adriano if Alves left (in 2015) while we had the transfer ban in place (till 2016). We had to sign someone unless Lucho trusted Montoya which he did not.

For Asensio, too bad we did not sign him at that price, but that summer we added Rakitic (great buy), brought Rafinha back from loan after he'd been new player of the year in La Liga at Celtic, and promoted Roberto. So obviously Asensio would've been a great addition but we still had Xavi and Iniesta plus the 3 I just mentioned.

Point is not that I am defending Barca but it is alway easy 2 years later to see what were the great signings, the OK signings, and the meh signings. In 2014 we actually did amazingly well: Home runs: Suarez, Rakitic, Bravo & MAtS; OK Mathieu, Meh, Verm (due to injury) and Douglas.

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It was not Bravo only, because others contributed to the circumstances in which Bravo made his decision. Basically, Barca decided to offer him certain kind of circumstances instead of other kind of circumstances.

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that Barca really wanted to keep and while they could have done more, they probably did a lot to keep him; turns out it wasn't enough, but we're cool either way.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I've no idea what you just said / inferred ..

9. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Those are Real Madrid kits

10. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    watching how good S. Roberto at RB position today is a joy. We don't need buy any RB and I already think he plays better than Bellerin and should compete with Carvajal for NT position.

condor11 repped this.
  11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he is good, and Bellerin, besides his speed and "La Masia" pedigree is actually overrated, as in not the best decision maker, as in cannot dribble in traffic and keep his head up/know where his teammates are. At least that was my takeaway last time I saw him play; really glad we did not pay out 30+ M for him.

illusion repped this.
  12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Whilst I like S Roberto .... Bellerin was voted best RB in the league last season .... He's also the fastest player in the league and fastest ever Arsenal player (above Walcott and T Henry ) .

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He was voted best in EPL, league that overrate almost every player. If S. Roberto keeps playing the way he played last night he will be voted the best RB in La Liga by season's end.

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Bit of a sweeping generalisation there tbh

15. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Honestly no more Arsenal players. I do not care he is Spanish and from La Masia

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alcacer has already undergone medical checkups with Barca. Player will sign a 5-year contract. Official announcement to be made soon. [md]

Biggest remaining issue seems to be the buyout cost of Munir (Barca wants 15M if Valencia buys him at end of loan supposedly, no word if Barca could "trump" that amount by paying more where Valencia would get the difference). http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...urdle-preventing-munirs-move-valencia-5349448

Some Valencia fans have lost their cool on Alcacer's deal and they're using hashtag #PipesPaAlcacer (SeedsForAlcacer) to mock him. [sport]

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, this explanation makes more sense of the PipesPaAlcacer: Agitated Valencia fans are jeering Alcacer that he'll only chew traditional shelled sunflower seeds as he won't play much at Barca. [sport]

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2016/08/29/57c4363be5fdeaca078b4574.html

Summary of why Barca/Lucho want Paco ^

Latest is that Munir loan terms (buyout term(s)?) are what is holding things up:
    Alcacer passed his medical in Barcelona on Monday morning, but the civil war going on at Valencia and their deal for Munir El Haddadi have caused problems. The forward has not yet agreed all the details of his loan to Pako Ayestaran's team. Valencia do not want to sell their key forward without having his replacement sealed. Barcelona will pay 30 million euros with 5 extra in add-ons for the Los Che forward.
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...sfer-announcement-delayed-another-day-5349783
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...urdle-preventing-munirs-move-valencia-5349448

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it sounds like the last hold up was whether Valencia could buy Munir for 12M or 15M at the end of the loan. And of course the un-stated - whether we can trump such a buy by paying them more? Either way things sound like they could be announced tomorrow:
    Munir is set to move to Valencia on loan. Deal to be announced on Tuesday. Valencia demand an option to buy the player for 12m. [cat radio]
    Munir has taken his Valencia medical and passed it while in Madrid with the Spain U21 team #fcblive [superdeporte]

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I presume we end up signing Alcacer, and I think this turned out to be a great summer of transfers. We'll see how the players do in the future, but the transfers decisions were solid imo. Good job.

evil_allan repped this.
  20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I would say the Umtiti and Denis transfers were great, and Digne is looking great too (never liked Mathieu at LB as much as a fast CB). Still not sure about standing pat at Right Back but Roberto looks pretty good and Vidal was bought to be Alves's successor so shouldn't be tossed aside after just one season.

Jasper at GK? Not sold on that but he's played on big teams (Ajax and Netherlands NT) which should help when he is needed if MAtS is out for injury or suspension. But I know we could not keep both with ManC looking for either and paying well, so makes sense to get a guy we like for less than Bravo brought in return.

The Valencia guys? I am hopeful, but both were really costly. Is Gomes even needed with Rafinha, Denis, Turan, and Roberto all available (well till Roberto is deemed a pure RB or RB/DM) behind Ini and Raki? And we also own Samper's rights and Alena and Kaptoum and others coming up from La Masia.

As for Paco, I admit to not studying him beyond games with Barca, I do like having a Suarez sub but at what cost? Suarez is very durable (injury wise, suspensions a whole other thing I guess).

So for now I'll rank our signings thusly: Umtiti, Denis, Digne, Paco, Jasper, Gomes. Factoring in cost and needs. But I do feel like Gomes and/or Paco will prove to be money well spent before all is said and done in the next season or three.

Great Paco trolling memes if you click the link: http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...make-memes-mocking-paco-alcacers-move-5349668

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Good points made although I expect Gomes to be a starter in midfield before too long ..

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    English players arw hugely overrated in the EPL (;

Bellerin is very young and has a great future ahead of him but I don't think it was ever realistic for Barca to sign him at the moment. For one Arsenal would have wanted ridiculous money and secondly they are not going to sell him.

23. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  24. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #149 waitforit, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Munir goes the other way for 2 years and Valencia has an option to buy

25. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice looking lineup and depth below, only DM without a dedicated back up but Roberto and Masch can play there.

Paco only 30+2 not 30+5 is a nice surprise. But Munir only 12 not 15 so it evens out. Barca has a right of first refusal if Valencia later sell Munir, but no mention of them having a "trump" clause, where, if Valencia exercised their buy right for 12, we could trump it by buying him for 15 - 20 (or the difference beyond the 12).

[​IMG]