Are you 22? The 2016-17 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    looking like Samper will go on loan to Grenada and Munir will be loaned to Celta Vigo.

glad to see neither of them going to Valencia, that club is a mess right now.

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    blasphemy!! how dare you to say you enjoy watching Ronaldo in Barca's forum? :mad::cry:;);)

They made the right choice and I'm excited for them. Halilovic, Samper and Munir will come back to Barcelona in few years ready for first team spots.

Adama should've made a similar move rather than choosing money over his own development.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So Barcelona sells Bravo for 15m€ and buys a way below average goalie for 13m€.. That's just Barca deals for you.. [emoji19]

puyol repped this.
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    considering they bought Bravo as a stop-gap for €12, the fact that they actually made a profit on a 33 year old makes this one of the clubs' better pieces of business.

inswinger and jfcule repped this.
  5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Euro and British Pound are two different currencies. You need to convert euro to pound and vice versa.

Bravo was sold for Euro 18m while Jasper was bought for Euro 13m

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I read fee is 13m pounds which is about 15m euros.

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the fee is reported as 17M Pounds for Bravo which is 19.87M Euros. http://www.espnfc.us/story/2937222/claudio-bravo-completes-manchester-city-transfer-from-barcelona
    So we are up nearly 7M Euros on the exchange (though Cillessen could cost 2M more in add ons in the future), and they like the younger Cillessen better than Alves.
    http://www.espnfc.us/story/2937115/barcelona-sign-goalkeeper-jasper-cillessen-from-ajax (the video with the story calls Cillessen a heart attack in goal but also confirms that Cillessen's addition means no more controversy or sharing of #1 goalie, it will now be MAtS 100% of the time Jasper gets Copa del Rey only). So it is alot to pay for a backup but obviously they like him better than Masip, Reina, Alves, or others they could get.

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad Samper is going to Granada on loan. I think Celta will be good for Munir if that goes through, but word is that Valencia wants Munir as part of the Paco Alcacer deal. Which underlines the problem with saying we had everything worked out with Valencia (cost to buy Paco) when the clubs had not in fact worked out the parameters of adding any extra player like Munir. Anyways here's Paco, almost in Blaugrana, sure Nike is not happy with this mash-up.
    [​IMG]

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And Adidas has its own kit headache: they staged a competition to design LPB's third kit, and behold one of the top-voted ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unclesox, jfcule, evil_allan and 2 others repped this.
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That second yellow striped one is horrendous

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Both look amazing.

jfcule and inswinger repped this.
  12. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For those people who still think the club was responsible for his departure.

Robert Fernanderz: "Neither coach or club wanted Bravo to leave because he's a great goalkeeper. It was his decision & we must respect that. Bravo gave an excellent performance & in an overall assessment transfer is positive. We offered renewal & he wanted to leave"

13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is the 100th time i heard someone mention the 33 age BS , seems that no one here understands that for a GK experience is far more important than anything else but who cares about that right ...

Yeah sure a GK who leaves without any reason what so ever ... of course ... why even bother thinking with Logic ..

We all knew he was told that MATS will play both La liga and CL and for a GK like Bravo OBVIOUSLY he will have issues with that , he should've given the chance to play both La liga AND the CL but was denied even though he was far more better than MATS ... might as well say what the LPB idiots are saying about Bravo going out because Messi was annoyed that he was denied two copa's because of Bravo so he wanted to kick him out of the club ...

Crisstti and Forzabarca repped this.
  14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bravo is 33, from what I have read he made it cleat to Barca that he wanted to be no.1 choice keeper not just for La L8ga but the champions league games as well. And who can blame him, at his age he wants to be playing in the CL. He'll now get that opportunity at City. If Barca had agreed to pick for both La Liga and CL then Ter Stegen would have walked. Given that I think the sale of Bravo was the best option for all concerned.

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not that I personally think this or that about the move, but Fernandez' quote only says the club offered something that Bravo thought not as good as what another club offered. We simply could have done more to keep him. Another issue whether we should've, but I think it's not right to say this was all Bravo.

Crisstti repped this.
  16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Speaking of logic when there is none in your own post. He left cuz he was offered double salary and the chance to play in both league and UCL. We did cover this for the 100th time but yet you don't get it.

We all knew? How? by some speculation from Sport or MD which 90% is tabloid bull shit? are usually that naive to believe some twits by an amateur journalist?

Can you quote Lucho saying he will play MATS in league and UCL?

lol @ your Logic

17. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you mean we need to break our salary structure to accommodate a GK who will only decline? City will pay him 6.6m while his salary is 3m as of now. We did offer him a renewal which at his age is a mistake by managment but even that he refused it. He won everything with the club and now he is offered a salary that would make him the second best paid GK in the world. He chose money, simple really.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No, I dont mean that we need to do that.

I'm just saying that we were in a position to decide how much we offer to Bravo - money, playing time, trust, whatever - and chose to offer what we offered. Bravo turning us down has a lot to do with what we offered (as it was not as good as what some other club did), and so it's not only a "Bravo decision".

FWIW, I don't think it's as simple as choosing money. I mean yes money is a huge factor, but not everything. Like you said, he has won everything here. City IS a nice challenge to him.

I think there are no big losers in this deal. Barca gets good money, City gets a great keeper, Bravo gets money and a nice challenge (and to keep a starter spot), Ter Stegen gets to become the number one and so on. Well, Joe Hart loses.

19. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #119 inswinger, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    I guess it's a 'diversity signing' for Sporting, given last weekend... :whistling:

With Douglas, Sporting are now odds-on favorites for the title. Which title, I'm not sure.

#gràciesDouglas

20. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    whoosh :ROFLMAO:

21. juan_harris

juan_harris Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Chamartin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol thanks its funny its seriously a bit like a bloody dictatorship in there. I said I love watching Messi and quite frankly who doesn't apart from when its against us. And they called me a dick rider. Funny how many "fans" in there from outside of Spain. Will probably go to more games this season than almost all of the people in there combined.

I don't quite think he can take the Xavi role unless he's got more Stamina than he lets on? But it is very interesting watching him as a playmaker thats for sure. I'll probably get criticised back in the other forum for commenting on other teams forum areas :ROFLMAO:

22. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    According to Sique Rodriguez ( a respected Barça journalist from cadena SER), 22 year old Paco Alcacer will cost 30 million +2 variable, 5 season deal

23. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, we are really wrapping things up and doing business as the transfer window winds down: Samper loaned, Douglas loaned, Bravo sold, Jasper signed, Alcacer agreed to terms with Barca, Barca and Valencia agreed to terms on Alcacer, now the hold up is just inclusion of Munir (convincing him to join, agreeing to terms of contract/loan or sale plus buyback(s), and value of his loan or sale). Supposedly he is now on board after previously preferring Celta: Munir's agent met Valencia and player is set to join the club in coming hours. An agreement between clubs is close #fcblive [cadenaser]

Initially Valencia wanted to buy Munir but now the club's going for a loan deal with an option to buy at end of the season. [plazadeportiva]

Munir is poised to join Valencia. Player had verbal contract with Celta but request to replace Alcacer made him rethink. [plazadeportiva]

IF this goes through we are all set squad wise and the only trick is the tricky one of finding minutes for all these players:
    MAtS, Jasper, Masip
    Robert, Vidal
    Pique, Mascherano, Umtiti, Mathieu
    Alba, Digne
    Rakitic, Rafinha (or Gomes)
    Busquets, Gomes (not really sure Gomes can play there?)
    Iniesta, Denis
    Messi, Arda/Alcacer (probably Arda/Rafinha is more accurate but Alcacer won't get enough minutes if he only subs Suarez)
    Suares, Alcacer
    Neymar, Arda

Am I forgetting anyone?

24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK this graphic pretty much agrees with what I posted above [​IMG]but it suggests that it is Gomes backing Rakitic, moving Rafinha to back Messi, and leaving Busquets as the one without a 'back up of his own'. At DM though we are good as Mascherano and Roberto are both experienced, and even if both wind up as starters they have good backups for when Busquets needs a breather.

In terms of PT, I think Mathieu won't get much barring injuries but that's OK he's a well paid veteran. I worry more about getting enough PT for Gomes and Rafinha. I also worry about Arda Turan once Neymar is back and for Paco if he comes and is primarily just spelling Suarez. I think Arda needs time on either both wings or LW plus midfield. Paco (if he comes) would need to be on the pitch at the same time as Suarez at least some of the time (by playing wing or some kind of plan b with two CFs). But really it comes back mostly to too many attacking mids: Iniesta, Rakitic, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, plus Arda and Roberto, even if the latter two mainly play further up (Arda) or back (Roberto).

But it is a luxury to have a 22 man roster with nearly no deadweight. The season is long, injuries/suspensions/rotations happen (well the latter need to happen so we can finish strong and avoid more injuries or stumbles).

25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Some very skilled negotiators in Barcelona, I just love how they do business and waste money.

puyol repped this.