Are we cursed?

Discussion in 'England' started by Colm, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4522802.stm

Pele has predicted us to do very well, does that mean we're gonna do badley in 2006?

cuz Pele predicted Columbia could win 1994 world cup.....they went out in the first round

he predicted Argentina and Denmark to be great in world cup 2002....he got that one very very wrong, Argentina going out in the first round.

Lets hope Pele's kiss of death doesn't continue.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I just love that old guy. :D

3. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh shush, even Pele's words probably won't stop us from getting out of the group, so you can further dream. :D

4. spursman

spursman Red Card

Nov 29, 2005
    herts, england
    i swear pele knows hes a curse! which is why he keeps making these bleeding predictions! :mad:

5. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Has Pele ever tipped a team to do badly? Just for once I'd like to see the impotent old fucker say something like "Italy are an utter bag of shite this year and I expect them to get well and truly humped in the group stages."

6. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Pele is a leg-end, the best player ever, IMHO a country mile better than his nearest rival, he had pace, control, vision, a great shot and for a shortarse, he was brilliant in the air - the only bad thing he ever did, was learn English, because he talks like a complete cvnt and you can't shut the fcuker up, did you hear him at the Sports Personality of the Year thing, sodding embarrassing................ :(

8. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne

Someone should show that article to all the Sam's Army Spazzos who have been endlessly bleating about the lack of respect they receive from the 'Brit' press, and how the BBC did a really poor job of researching the USMNT because they list Freddy Adu as their star player.

I mean, this sentence just takes the piss:

"Few teams in the world win games they should lose and lose games they should win like the English. (They lost to Northern Ireland in qualifying, then beat Argentina in a hotly contested friendly.)"

Apart from the Northern Ireland game, I wonder if he can name one other meaningful game we 'should' have won but lost? And I presume he's using the Argentina game as an example of one we 'should' have lost? Well we beat them last time round so it's hardly a massive surprise that we did it again.

The bloke's a complete cunt if you ask me.

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The guy also predicts Italy go home early and the US to advance from there tough group :rolleyes:

is that hartwick fan?

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a clown...if we can beat Argentina, then we're certainly a class above Paraguay.

His comments about the US tell us everything about his football credentials.

12. toneroll

toneroll New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    mancunian in FL
    he forgot to mention england have only been beaten by 3 teams in 90 mins in competitve games... (is that right by the way , i heard them say it on football focus not too long ago, does it mean under sven , or ever???) this would mean had we ever practiced penaltys , or could even take them, we could have the won the world cup maybe more than once....

this time though , I honestley belive that if one of the knockout games comes to PKs we will knock that big ugly king kong of our backs.. theres nothing more depressing than wacthing the pk's, in the past you've always know it spells doom... i think though theres anough character in the squad to bang everyone of them in , and a decent keeper to boot.

maybe the FA should employ psychologists especialy for the this purpose.

derren brown for england!!!!!!! (that magician on chanel four)

13. toneroll

toneroll New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    mancunian in FL
    also why exactly were we supposed to lose the argentina game ?? it was pretty even odds i thought..... we beat them in the world cup. then we lost to brazil, just as we were "supposed" to.

the guy is a mong.

14. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Mark my words........Paraguay will embarrass England

15. spursman

spursman Red Card

Nov 29, 2005
    herts, england
    piss off you irish c*nt

16. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure you'll be a good sport then an put all your worldly posessions on that.

17. Danson's Magic Hands

Danson's Magic Hands Big Soccer Deviant +

Oct 22, 2004
    location location
    Worldy possessions?! You're talking to an Irishman! I don't think Ladbrokes accept payment in tarmac.

18. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Could you please tell me the numbers on the lotto for this weekend as you seem to have an insight on everything.

19. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    i don't see any celtic teams in the world cup, when u get the right to play in this comp then you can discuss it with others, now crawl back into your cave

20. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

He'll be as Irish as Andy Townshend.

21. BennyNL redded

BennyNL redded Red Card

Dec 21, 2005
    Rotterdam
    your players just dont have what it takes to win a tournament. trust me, i can relate :(

22. Uniteder

Uniteder New Member

Nov 27, 2005
  23. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    oh and old thread of mine, bet you added it to your favourites?