are there any sucessful players with flat feet?

Discussion in 'Player' started by goke313, Jun 22, 2006.

1. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    i'm on da varstity team @ might school playing da CAM position and have flat feet, just wondering are there any other players wit flat feet.

2. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Park Ji sung :)

3. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton

what do you mean by flat feet? do you mean they run flat footed?

4. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    yes...

Park Ji Si Sung is one of my favorite players.

5. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    are you korean?

6. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    i beleive figo is flat footed but im not 100 % sure

7. sukhenkoy

sukhenkoy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    20,000 shits
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How can you tell when a person is flat-footed based on how they run? Basically, what is a "flat-footed" run?

8. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    players who dont run on their toes... Ie Cronaldo runs on his toes... mostly faster players use there toes to run

9. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    i am

10. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    nope, but i'm nigerian

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    robert pires, very flayt footed and still pacey

flat feet usually give u a penguin kinda stance where your feet point outwards

12. borsato

borsato New Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Toronto
    im flat footed.

its not about hte direction of your feet like bowlegged or knocked kneed people tend to display.

flat footed people basically look like they have bigger feet than most, but its because the foot is laid out flat without the arch.

some like figo and pirez are obvious flat footed runners. and yeah flat footed peple are not known for speed. but theres always exceptions.

look at alot of african players, even ones that grew up in europe/north america, im not sure if its body structure but they seem to play more on their toes.

i have to force myself always to stay on my toes, even if it doesnt help my game, the coach gives me shit as it looks lke im slacking.

flat footed people have lots more knee and calf problems as they take extra beatings during activity with no arch support to take the shock.

13. yellowtruck61

yellowtruck61 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    lil d, TX
    I'm flat footed, very little arch if any at all, i have very little knee and calf problems but i do kinds run with my toes pointed out. I't very difficult to overcome it and still be able to "keep up" with the faster players.

14. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006

i know it sucks, does it make us slower...cos i'm one if not the fastest person on my team...i could just imagine if i wasn't flat footed how much better of a player i could be...

15. Bks#1striker

Bks#1striker New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    well if ur one of the fastest, then i dont think ur team is very fast

16. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Dunno, I'm flat footed, I run on my toes, and I had a running scholarship in college. It really shouldn't make any difference.

17. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    we got some fast players...but i just think i wold've been much faster...plus i'm on the track team

18. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't that have more to do with his injury? I can't remember for sure.

19. Bks#1striker

Bks#1striker New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    well thts cool, wht are ur times for track? lol sorry im on a team too, im not flat footed though

20. jamie.zx

jamie.zx New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Yeah, know where u are coming from , mate. I have probably the flattest feet ever and I know that I tire more easily and find most boots pretty uncomfortable - what do you wear. I was told I could not continue with athletics seriously by our area coach when I was 14 because my feet were so flat but it made me determined not to let it bother me and progress as much as possible - although would still give anythong for high arches.

I think I noticed Michael Owen Micahel Owen has flat feet...

21. jamie.zx

jamie.zx New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Yeah - Figo definitely - you can just tell it you are a fellow sufferer like us guys!!! Also i think Michael Owen has pretty flat feet and he is fast when not injured.

Justin Fashanu had flat feet but its common with black guys my physio told me

22. jamie.zx

jamie.zx New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Yeah - Figo definitely - you can just tell it you are a fellow sufferer like us guys!!! Also i think Michael Owen has pretty flat feet and he is fast when not injured.

Justin Fashanu had flat feet but its common with black guys my physio told me

23. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006

as of now i'm using the tunit f50 fg.....not very comfortable in my feet
    for baseball i use nike air huarache 2K4's
    and for track nike zoom powercat

24. blastoff

blastoff New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Basingstoke
    I have quite flat feet, i went to the Dotor, who refered me to this 'Podietrist' who sort of diognosied me with flat feet so to speak, i have Insoles that i wear in all my shoes, just half ones so it doesnt affect my shoe sizes. So now i get little to no pain at all, i used to have terrible pains in my feet that started when i would warm up for a game even - but with my insoles it's completly pain free and i can still wear any shoes i want to. I think it's more common than you think

Like most people on here i am pretty slow - but i'm getting a bit faster as of late, i think :confused:
    My two cents worth...

blastoff

25. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    hey...you wouldn't mind telling the name of your insoles,and the price in american $$$....i'm one of if not the fastest player on my team (maybe cos i'm African) i could just imagine how much faster i'll be wit insoles