Are the Playoffs still Possible?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by PFKing15, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    DC United beat the Metrostars on May 18th by the score of 4-2.

So the tie-breaker could certainly be in DC United's favor.

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Playoff Game Sept. 21st?

Okay since all scenarios require some degree of minor drug use, maybe someone here can answer a question for me. IF... (cant make that bigger IF) DC UNITED were to make the playoffs is there ANY chance that the game could be at home for United the Saturday after our final regular season game at home Thursday verus Dallas? (Thats Sept. 21st the Sat.)

--See I have a friends wedding on that Saturday. Now I have to accept or decline the invite soon. I am bothered by it because I KNOW DC United has no f-ing chance of making the playoffs BUT... IF... if they did some how make it (odds being raised dramatically if i accpet this invite and the playoff game falls on the set date) I would never be able to forgive myself for missing it. Can someone help me out? They wouldnt play that Saturday would they? (odds even more remote that they are starting a playoff series at home...)

3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Re: Playoff Game Sept. 21st?

The official dates of the MLS first round playoff games are September 25 and 28!

Have FUN!

I obviously meant at the DC United playoff game! :)

4. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    $HIT! :) I hoped that if it was the 21st in some odd way my bad luck would guarantee us a shot at it! --We are screwed now :)

thanks though Jose!

5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thankfully I've got a good month until the playoffs...by then, I should have a job and can afford decent seats!
    Next season, of course, season tix, but I'm not ready to look ahead yet...

6. DC Forever

DC Forever New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Rockville, MD
    I'm with those who say that this game is virtually make-or-break. They played San Jose like a team that could pull five wins out of their remaining schedule with only a couple of breaks. But they need to prove -- not least to themselves -- that it wasn't a fluke. A couple of strong performances strung together will make them believe, up the intensity level, and make them play even better. I do think a lot of the problem over the past couple of years has been a shift from the cockiness we had during the Arena era to picking up a losers' mentality pretty quickly when things started to go wrong in 2000.

Of course, with Etch and Moreno both apparently rejoining the ranks of the injured, it's hard to be overly optimistic.

7. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that with Olsen back, Quintanilla playing as well as he is, and with upsets like the Rapids v. Quankes game today, we still have a chance.

We're coming up while other teams are floating.

8. sormun

sormun New Member

Jul 13, 1999
    WHAT IS THIS GOOD FOR ????

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !!!!...

9. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    The future looks bleak for the 2002 season.