Are Mexican fans disrespecful?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by lond2345, Nov 2, 2005.

1. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Mexicans fans are disrespectful. Not saying this to offend anyone but it is true and I have seen so many examples. I remember Alex Aguinaga getting an award in the new Necaxa stadium before the game vs Cruz Azul (Aguinaga had left Necaxa) and the fans were whistling and some boing him when he played vs Necaxa with Cruz Azul! Everytime Delgado touched the ball the fans started whistling! The man is a Necaxa legend and have given everything to Necaxa, and yet the fans treated him like crap! Even though Necaxa was moved to another location (maybe the fans in DF wouldn't have treated him like that) they should have still showed respected for Aguinaga.

The season after Passarella wins the first title for Monterrey, a team that hand't acomplish nothing in most of its history yet has a great fanbase, the team starts to struggle and loses games and yet the fans booo Passarella and the team. Passarella even called out the fans for their disrespect. The guy gives you a title, a team that isn't know for its great glory and tradition, yet you lose patience so fast you boo the guy and the team which are the current champions at that time??

And now we have Hugo getting bottles thrown at him. The man revived this team from nothing and radically changed the club. He brings in the bicampeonato with a less than stellar squad because we all know there are many teams that have better talent than Pumas (you only had to look at the game vs America to see the huge difference).

Mexican fans have such short memories and are highly disrespectful.

2. AND1SOCCER

AND1SOCCER Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Socal
    hmm, it is just not mexicans that are that way... but yeah i agree w/ you on the rest

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    does this mean that players and coaches in Mexico are under no real pressure to win in Mexico? I know many south americans like to think that because we dont set houses on fire that we dont demand anything of our players and coaches

:D

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I agree

5. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Also, it also has to do with the fact that sometimes the fans get accustomed to their teams doing well and are not willing to admit that in soccer there are ups and downs. Also, in the case with PUMAS and Hugo most of the fans that they have now are not loyal fans per say, but just people that caught up after they won the championships. Most fans are grateful, yet no one likes to lose. With players trading to another team, the fans tend to see it as betrayal to their team and respond in unsuitable ways at times.

6. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    well that is true..most of pumas "fans" appeared after they won

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Agreed with LMvCP, the Sudacas are worse off..

8. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    I agree, pumas fans have no respect for what hugo did for them.

9. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I get scared to just go watch a Peru game. At the last one (Arg vs. Peru) two Peruanos got drunk and started talking mad sh!t. Peru has been out of the WCQ for a while, so it was like 20 of us and 100 argies. I was thinking to myself, this guy is going to get all our asses kicked. Playing with Peruanos (the cholo mudas) is even worse.

10. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You have fans like that everywhere not just Mexico.

11. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    yeah true...i dont think it's a good idea for southamericans to start talking about other countries' fans

12. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Fvck you. Not all Pumas fans disrespect Hugo and what he did to the club. Don't generalize all fans as extremists. I for one admire what he did and respect him for that. I acknowledge that he was wrongly fired but what hell can I do about it?

13. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i agree with your agreement.

14. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    I concur.
    Except that fans are disrespectful elsewhere too - not saying it's a good thing or an excuse though.

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

gotta back this statement up.

and down the bandwagon statement.

quit generalizing.

Hugo For Pres!!!

16. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sometimes they can be. Like booing the national team at home. Or when they loose patience when the season is not going good. One other thing that gets me is when they have a moment of silence and the barras don't shut up. In Mexicos defense it is probalby the safest latin american league. Go to a game in central or South America and you have to worry for your life

17. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    NAhh ,
    Only in Argentina/Uruguay the rest of South America are nice countries to watch a game . Mostly like Mexico

But if you ever have a chance to see a classico at the Bombonera dont
    pass it up , you'll never forget it, the Singing and chants far outweigh the stupidity of a few . Some of the same goes for watching a game at CU , only a few are stupid .

The worst place to watch a live game for me has been in Los Angeles
    when Mexico plays there , the majority of "Mexican" fans show their stupidity by disrespecting other cultures and other peoples National pride .They are vulgar in their chants (more so then in Mexico) .

18. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.

Thats a dumb generalization. Youre comment should have started like this,

_(fill in your favorite race/ethnicity)__fans are disrespectful. Not saying.....
    The minute you start generalizing anything youre automatically wrong, no matter how many disclaimers of not trying to offend you write.

19. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man, you sure are right about one thing. Mexicans in LA are disrespectfull fans. In fact, that's probably the sole reason why US fans hate us so much. If the Mexicans in LA knew how to act, I don't think we would be hated so much in this country. But everyone generalizes....and right now that is how we are seen.
    No matter how respectfull we are when the US plays anywhere else in the states. Most americans don't realise that Mexicans in LA act different then Mexicans from Chicago or Houston or anywhere else where we can be found. I went to the friendly in Houston not too long ago, and you didn't see mexicans acting stupid. Some were even wearing US attire. In LA you get cups of piss thrown at US squad. What kind of ******** is that?
    Get some class!

That bieng said. We shouldn't be labled as disrespectfull, just because the ones in LA act like ases! Get a clue people and quit labeling us from the little you really know. Most of the arguments made for disrespect from our fans, is sh1t many fans of any race do in soccer. You always have idiots.

20. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is a racist tread at worst and at best a huge generalization, check the October issue of world soccer, where they talk about players in Europe changing teams (Barcelona to Real Madrid, etc) and the fan reaction was virulent against the player who dared move to the "enemy", Im sure happens everywhere.

21. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    havent man u fans been booing their team as of late? i think this poster is out of line. every country that has a passion for football has these problems. what mexico and its fan dont do is hooliganism, crap you would see in england, germany, france, italy, brazil, and argentina (boca) is not seen in mexico. except for cuauhtemocs crap a couple years ago, mexico as a whole prssures its side verbally and there is nothing wrong with that, but thats as far as it goes. and i also agree with the l.a. mentality, you wont get that outside of l.a.

once the mexican fans start throwing bananas on fields, then i will take your views into consideration, but that wont happen in mexico

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think Boca juniors fans very disrespectful

23. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Maybe I just have a bias view from the media. Anytime I see someone has died or there was a match stopped of canceled, I always see South and Central America involved. That may just be a few isolated instances that are important enought to get on the news, but you never hear about someone dying in Mexico, or that many broncas. Yeah it happens sometimes, like Pumas last week, our league is not perfect. However, its not a typical thing

24. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When Mexico plays at home (Estadio Azteca or any other stadium IN Mexico) I'd say we're pretty decent. The booing of other National Teams hymn isn't somethin common in El Azteca. Not even against the US, actually some of us even stand up in respect to other Nations. The booing starts when they name the other teams roster tho :)

From what I've seen, the disrespectful fans are those in the States, maybe it's just LA like some of you said, but I've never really noticed. And that's really a shame... I mean, you're representing our Nation (a Nation most of those chicanos don't even know) and you're acting like monkeys. Wtf?

The only thing I saw recently in El Azteca was when the US scored their goal against us, you could see a rain of things like beer being thrown at them hah. But that's it.

25. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Going back to Necaxa and Aguinaga, what happened was that Aguinaga refused to move to Aguascalientes with the team, and instead chose to remain in DF and play for Cruz Azul. Yes, he is a Necaxa legend and all that, but Ags. fans obviously felt dissed by Aguinaga's decision. I'm sure fans would have wanted to applaud the guy, as Ags fans are comparatively tame compared with other venues, though. But yes, fans felt dissed by him.
    Monterrey is even tamer.