Are Israel first div games available on American TV?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by TBR, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I want to know where I can watch Hapoel Ra'anna F.C. play this upcoming season...is it possible to watch on American TV or any where on the Internet? Thanks in advance.

2. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    You can have that internet service which allows you to watch Israeli TV or you can contact Dish Network in the US and subscribe to the Israeli Network which would allow you to get Soccer games Friday to Monday usually...most of the time on Saturday mornings in Eastern Time...

3. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well I can't go the DishNetwork route (I have DirectTV)...what Internet service are you referring to?

4. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it that you are a friend of Erik Hort?

5. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  6. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    MHaifa1913, nah...I'm just interested to see that team because a player from my country (El Salvador) is most likely playing there this season.

Kappa18, thanks for the link appreciate it! :)

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Who is this player? Is he a National Team member?

Hapoel Raanana must be one of the only teams in the upper leauge to have almost every one of their players Israeli. Except on Brazilian and Eric Hort which has dual citizenship....

8. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah he's the starting GK for the National team...his name is Miguel Montes.

9. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Thats good :)

El Salvador is a good country.. I like it..
    Their embassy in Israel is in Jerusalem..our capital :)

they dont listen to the UN or the other gringos

10. GeoffNI

GeoffNI New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Log onto www.tin.tv and register for subscription and see what offer they make you to subscribe. I have been tempted to try and erect a dish for Eurobird 9 here in Europe to get The Israeli Network. Just so happens no decent German or Italian channels on Eurobird 9 so its not really a hotspot for great channels.

Don't subscribe to the web service you will not get any live Ligat action, just looping Channel 10 magazine shows. The actual satellite channel shows plenty of football and Channel 10 Sunday Night Fixtures.

Or try JumpTV.com Its around 35$ a month (very expensive) but you should get the games there. Have not used it for over a season can anyone confirm if Jump TV are still using pathetic 300k feeds?

Hmmm a motorised dish is what I need with a linux receiver.:D

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Whats Eurobird 9?

You Europeans also use FTA?

mine is down for sometime... :(

12. GeoffNI

GeoffNI New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Eurobird 9 is a satellite in space used for direct to home satellite television. Its a relative new satellite with some countries now transfering there pay tv banquets over to it. So far alot of the eastern europe channels are moving to it so it will become the most common satellite watched in that part of the world. The Israeli Network was on Hotbird, one of the biggest satellite hotspot for europe, used by pay tv providers such as Sky Italia and Aljazeera Sport but The Israeli Network moved at the start of the year. Satellite space probably is cheaper on Eurobird 9 and with many jews in the east of europe probably made sense for them to move satellites.

FTA means free to air. There are alot of free to air channels but The Israeli Network is not one of them, its encrypted and requires cam and smartcard. However due to no regional limitations all european countries can purchase card and cam and legally subscribe to the service.

Would love the Israeli Network for the Israeli Football. Really want an Eredivisie Live Smartcard for dutch football. They sell every dutch game in Holland for a mere 9 Euros a month.