April 7th - Invite one Friend

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by jericho, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks - wasn't it cool last Saturday how the corner was full? It's because Nordecke was sold out for a non-LA match for the first time in a long time. You know what would be even more cool? If we did it again. This is my challenge to you Nordecke. Invite one friend. It's simple. You have between now and April 7 to figure out who you are taking to the match against NY. Bring someone who's never been to a Columbus Crew match or someone who hasn't been in a while. Show them what we are all about. Obviously you can bring more if you'd like, but the point is at least do this.

Invite one friend.

Lets see if we can sell out the corner two matches in a row.

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Already planning on doing this. Trying to get as many people from my department as possible.

3. patbills88

patbills88 Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sucks its on easter weekend. I wont be there and i think some other people also wont be there for the same reason

4. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I love this initiative drives by the fans. This is how shit gets built. Keep it up. I brought my friend from Indiana. Now he is talking another game in the summer.

5. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect, that's how it starts.

6. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even more important since, historically, the second home game is one of the worst attended.

7. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the reason I will be there as it goes. I'll invite a friend or two.

8. bleedyellowandblack

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Great Idea. I brought 6 people who had never been to a crew game or only had been once before and they loved it. A couple of the guys said they are going to bring 5 or 6 of their buddys who are huge jackets fans but haven't really gone to crew games before. This is how we get the crowds!

9. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well talking about bringing friends. I brought 3 friends to the home opener. One of them has had been an OSU student for 4 years and still lived in Cbus 20 mins from the stadium. This is what she asked me, "Columbus has a professional soccer team"? All three had a good time. I am sure they will attend another game if I asked them to.

10. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 4 coming with me and 2 are "noobs" as you call it. I remeber who i think it was Colorado back in 09 we played on Easter weekend and the attendance was pretty bad. Hopefully this is not the case on the 7th.

11. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good challenge and we should keep it up. It is always fun to play NYRB.
    I invited my extended family that will be in town for Easter and was told by one family that they were preparing for Easter dinner on Sunday and could not go. I was told by the other family that a soccer game did not preserve the solemnity of the Easter weekend. I can respect both reasons.
    As Crewtheists, my wife and I however will be in attendance as always.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Saturday?

13. gmodo

gmodo New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to be a last minute bother, but does anyone have any tips for getting Nordecke tickets on gameday this season? I'm not sure If I can go or not but want to be able to show up with a friend if we are able to. Last season I got some tickets from the La Turbina supporters at their tailgate, but upon seeing how the section was sold out for the opener I'm not sure what the possibilities are now.

Anyways, see you there I hope!

14. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can always stop by the crew union tailgate. We usually have one or two left (or that have gone unclaimed 30 mins before kickoff). Not sure how HSH handles theirs with being at ruby's and their march over.