Apertura 2012: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by El Washatero, Jun 29, 2012.

1. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about the game but was able to watch 30 mins or so..

The only thing that really stood out to me was how bad Luis Garcia was playing. Other than that we were just holding up for dear life

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I went to the San Luis game. It f**king sucks. This Carillo thing is going to fail. People don´t like the guy and they were vocal about it from the start. There was "fuera televisa" chants, "Fuera Carrillo" and they threw a lot of shit to him when the game ended. I don´t know what was Aspe thinking in hiring a guy so close with America. Still I don´t think it his fault but of the players. Luis Garcia is shit. He was good at Puebla but he didn´t go all Marioni or Mancilla either. He played better than before but he was shit before Puebla and he´s shit now. As long as Pumas has Fernando Espinosa playing, we will suck. He´s the symbol of everything that´s wrong with Pumas. He represents our current struggles and our garbage youth system. This team is still not good enough and it´s pathetic how it still CAN´T handle CU.

Pumas90 repped this.
  4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Sums up carillo so far

5. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I went to the game in CU and finally we win. Eduardo Herrera se tiro un partidazo. He totally changed the game after he came in. Did a lot better than Villa and changed the game by holding the ball and creating plays. Martin Bravo is still bullshit even if he improved after Herrera came in. That being said Puebla constantly had dangerous chances especially because of the shitty defense from the left backs. And the constant benching of Romagnoli for Chiapas is unbelievable. But at least we won and played better than before in CU at times. Maybe it´s a good sign.

6. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aside from the sub for Herrera, I also liked El Charal coming in for Toño Garcia. That strengthened our attack from the right side even though no goals were generated from that side. Pikolin 2 also had a good game for the most part. How is the new big screen at CU?

7. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It´s pretty great. It still sucks thought that it´s the only one in the stadium and some people can´t see it and that the ones with the best view for it are the visiting fans.

Pumas90 repped this.
  8. Matti53

Matti53 Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Is the game against Leon going to be on tv? Does Leon have tv-rights?

9. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, Leon acquired tv rights about a month ago. Their home games are supposed to be aired on Telemundo or Mun2 in the US and Fox Sports in Latin America. I think Mun2 is supposed to show tomorrow's game and I'm not sure about Fox Sports. I'm sure there will be some online streams with the game.

10. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crack Herrera!

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I went to my last Pumas game for the time being in CU today. It was a very hard fought victory for Pumas but the team didn´t play well. Carrillo totally should cut the BS and end his stupid act about the refuerzos. After today there is no doubt he doesn´t want them and will not play them. If the directivas problem with Del Olmo was that he didn´t play them much, I don´t know what will happen now that he doesn´t play at all. The Izazola sub was bad to me at the start but apparently I heard in the media that he was going to sub in Espinoza for Herrera instead of Izazola. Pumas isn´t playing well but it´s getting the results. The best is that Cabrera is back.

The big thing was how Pumas were all about Hugo. Hugo was acclaimed from the start and Carrillo reviled all thru the game. It´s a bad fit with the fans and I don´t agree with it but it will not end I think.

12. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5th spot in the table :eek:

Maybe we can limp into the liguilla after all. If its something that Pumas has a knack for its turning it on late

13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I have to agree with the Picante crew in that the way we´re playing, we are going to get destroyed in the liguilla (especially in the away game). I mean Pachuca is total garbage and yesterday they almost looked equal in talent.

14. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose Antonio Garcia sucks so bad

Yea, Luis Garcia has done jack shit this season, but at least he's trying and working to do something unlike the majority of the players

********ing team needs a legit midfield pair

15. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Cabrera where r thou?

16. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pathetic.

I'm seeing a lot of guys giving up on plays

17. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, Carillo?

Like Espinoza is going to do anything
    Benches the only good defender we have and brings on a mediocre player

So now we get a garcia pikolin pairing

Oh lord!

Why the ******** does this clown not give Romagnoli a shot?

********ing clown

18. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it rains it pours

19. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Carrillo is lost man, that dude barely has a clue where the problem is...

20. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not even on him

Aspe should have known better after the failure that was Del Olmo

Should have just promoted someone from within

z0mb1e repped this.
  21. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Carrilo is just shit and it looks like the player are going to revolt. You have to be a total nutjob that if people hate you for your past in America and know things are going to be tough, to alienate your clubhouse and totally expose the players that were signed for the team to make an impact. The way he's treated Romagnoli and the others is disgusting. I knew he was nuts since he used to talk good about all those shit players we had but this is pathetic. To discard Romagnoli because you think sucks but play Jehu Chiapas and Espinoza is crazy. Mario Carillo is insane.

Aspe has been shit too.

22. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You may have a point, though my observation still stands. :thumbsup: :D

23. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Holy shieeet did they really fire Carrillo?? These news almost make me happy that we lost against america
    I seriously thought they were just gonna let him finish the tournament

24. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a cluster ******** of a season

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    F**k that guy. F**k that guy in the ass. And if he doesn't do any good in the next hiring, then Aspe is next.