Apertura 2010

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Ags09, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Gucci

Gucci BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

bro, that gallardo kid is legit, mofo even cried at the end of the game, last ti time i saw someone cry for our shirt it was cuauhtemoc

seriously what the fack, our defence never showed up today...I especially hate LAYUN!! ******** him

2. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I saw him crying. Im all for him taking Pardo's spot, even if he sucks. At least give the younger guys some experience if the team is going to be this bad. Santos scored whenever they felt like it, not imagine if they hadnt packed it in the back. Lets trade Vuoso, Rolfi, and someone else to Santos for Benitez lol.

3. Gucci

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ill trade our entire team for benitez ...fack the only thing left for our defence to do was ask benitez for an autograph....sad day for the aguilla nation

4. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5 goals in 2 games. ********ing despicable.

5. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    anybody looking forward to libertadores......?

6. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not making it past the group stage with this squad.

7. Gucci

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hell yea, i am the libertadors is the only time we can listen to some good game commentating... if we get a CB, LB, and a ST we will be set. idk if you follow our u-20 team but weve got some talent coming up. i expect Lugiani Gallardo to play a key role for us next year.

8. Jorge Campos

Jorge Campos New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Club América
    To be honest, I didn't really have any hopes for this season. I'm quite surprised we made it to semis, so I don't feel that bad. The team fought till the last minute and I blame our defense for today's loss. Un gol tempranero :mad:. Their second goal was just a minute after we tied and Benitez was all by himself in the third goal. Pardo, vouso, rolfi, layun and La Puente need to GTFO.

9. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Yes and No......yes because we're finally back....No because....well.....look at how we've been playing.

10. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Libertadores 08. Cervantes, Iñigo, Mosqueda: all starters and we made it to semis. Granted we had a phenomenal Cabañas but we always seem to do well no matter the circumstances.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Pardo's contract is over as of Dec 1. He wants a multi year contract, and it is most likely he won't get one.

I don't see how you can guys can sit there and want to throw everything away and start over again. It's as if 3 administrative changes and 19 managerial changes wasn't enough for you this past decade.

First of all, Santos is a very good team. Let's not forget that. Secondly, since minute 1, Romano had it in his head that he would sit 9 players behind the ball and wait for a counter. The fact that Oswaldo never took the kicks, was indicative that they were going to bunker in.

It surprised me that Pablo Ramirez and Bracamontes were talking about Pardo's substitution as if the sub was meant only to play a young player, while criticizing Lapuente for it.

That substitution was brilliant. He took a veteran dmid, put in a younger, faster dmid, with the hopes that Romano/Santos would not mark the younger player and put another player in the attack, hence opening up Santos already congested defense. It worked.

I don't want to blame the officiating, although they played a HUGE factor because they did affect the outcome and perhaps it is time to rethink our playoff system, especially our tie breaking system. A trend that we are seeing more and more is that higher placed teams are content sitting back, when they should be the ones "sticking it" to the lower seeded teams.

Pardo did a lot of good things in America, but his time is up.

I would get Arguello back. His experience in Copa Libertadores will be needed. He is Pardo's natural replacement.

We have a good team. With some more time, this team can be championship bound.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I also want to add something that perhaps may not get much press

Paco Torres, Benitez, Quinteros all showed unsportsmanlike behavior, which I attribute to Romano' lack of discipline onto his players (something he has shown throughout his career)

There was no need for these players to attempt step overs, heel passes, "zombreritos", or any other fantasy trick.

Those type of plays, that late in the game, and given the atmosphere, could have been a recipe for disaster. Any other team, would have succumb to those type of provocations and a fight would have ensued.

Another reaffirmation that the club is well managed by Lapuente because they did not succumb to dirty antics. His comment before the clasico about people thinking the clasico is dying because there are no royal rumbles anymore couldn't have been more dead on.

13. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    que?

14. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This entire season has been a fkn downer...

1. Lapuente did what he always does, shitty performances all season long
    2. Layun, why is he even on the team? same goes for Jagger, Topo, and Pardo...
    3. Our defense was absolutely horrid last night, Aquivaldo was terrible. Our midfield was complete shit as well, Rosinei was Ok, but Pardo would not run even if his life depended on it.
    4. Vuoso= my respects, even though this kat misses way too much! he fought the whole way through i didnt see any other player with his attitude, he wanted to win, 10 goals this whole season is far from bad, coming from this shit team is beyond good.

5. Rolfi, im sorry but its time for you to leave, es tan intermitente el tipo que ancias me da...the whole second half it look like this dude was hiding from everyone...i saw his ass touch the ball 3 times.

6. V. Sanchez has a great game but with such shitty support, he can only do so much.

BTW the kid that came in for Pardo is a striker, not a D-mid
    We need:

1.Center Back (fast)
    2.D-Mid...a fkn pitbull
    3.Striker (someone who can play along with Vuoso, we cant be having dudes like _ Marquez or Esqueda next to him..theyre too fkn stupid)
    4.A new fkn coach.

15. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I don't like Vuoso or Lapuente but at this time it would be pretty stupid to get rid of them......I agree with RDL that Pardo's time is up.....he got SMOKED on that play that lead to the goal.

I also agree that Arguello should be called back up......I still don't understand why he was let go, when Pardo left to Europe Arguello did a pretty damn good job, we need someone to take Pardo's spot and unless we buy a kick ass dmid Arguello is the only other feasible player I think we can get.

Where's this Gallardo kid been???

V. Sanchez NEEDS to step it up next season.......I doubt Rolfi would be let go, especially since we got Libertadores coming up.

16. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate lapuente, i think he is past his prime he hasnt won anything since 2002, dude is garbage.

I do think and hope Pardo should leave, he is way past playing at a top level.

Vuoso just needs a competent partner..

17. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    ^^^^

I hate lapuente to, although getting rid of him right now would be a big mistake.....kind of like getting rid of chucho was a big mistake.

18. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    America should do itself a favor and switch to a 4 3 3 formation. step one would be to get rid of Rolfi. step two would be to buy a quality striker because vuoso is lolbad. step 3 would be to get 2 quality CMs to join rosinei in the midfield. and that will be enough to give u a decent shot at winning next season. your welcome

19. Gucci

Apr 7, 2010
    The Gym
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

this. ive been preaching this all damn year...