Apertura 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Ags09, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    One more thing...it's not like Chucho was coaching against a nobody.

2. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do not agree at all with this small-minded "at least we made it this far" crap. I expect this team to the championship every season. Yes, we've improved immensely from a couple seasons ago, but I won't be happy until we win a championship.

3. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    another year goes by and nothing, the next doesn't look good either...WC year.

Im disappointed at our early exit in la liguilla but I'm not surprised at all, this team basically even tho it finished 4th stumbled into it, I wanted them to win the league but i really wasn't expecting them to win it that probably why even tho I was pissed on saturday it only lasted a few hours, I see how Cabañas is getting some shit here but at the end of the day he did scored more goals than anyone, no other player with the exception of Esqueda pitched in with really important goals.

Jesus Ramirez, IMO he did good keeping in mind that this is his first professional team, what really bugged me in the Monterrey(more than all his previous subs in other games) match was the Rosinei/Reyna sub, he did it so that the utterly knowledgeable, never with an agenda Mexican press wont call him defensive or "miedoso", and IMO it ended up costing the game, it left a hugh gap in middle of the park that monterrey took advantage of, other than that Chucho cannot score the goals that Cabañas did missed or how overrated and utterly pathetic Pavel Pardo is at taking corners, he took like 12 and not one went to the head of a team mate.

Another thing I noticed in that game is that Israel Martinez had a decent game maybe even good for his standards and Oscar Rojas sucked major bawlz and no one called him for it, he is a weakness as much as Jagger is, the difference to me between the two is the jagger at least is "new" and Rojas is been sucking for years and he is never held accountable for his mistakes hell he is even rewarded with call ups to the national team.

what else?

Esqueda is next to Cabañas our best player, Aquivaldo third, Memo a distant 4th(and I'm being biased here), I like Rosinei hustle it makes up for Pardo's..........umh.......age.

guess that's it....................fack it!.

4. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    heh

cuz of rojas we are in the world cup

he scored the second goal vs trinidad at el azteca that gave us the victory

a tie at azteca would have been a major blow

5. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    goddamn

if I only had the words to describe how utterly fucking stupid this is, I would.

6. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just when I thought you couldn't post anything more dumb than what you posted in the LaVolpe thread, I read this.

:(

7. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    how are the facts dumb?

our team didnt score again after that

8. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You could easily say that had Guille not scored the first, then Rojas's goal would have ONLY given us a draw, which would have done us no good either.

9. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    Well then...if we're just gonna throw shit at the wall and see what sticks...I nominate Sabah's goal as the reason Mexico is in the World Cup.

10. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why stop there? Oscar Rojas's mom deserves just as much praise! She gave birth to him after all. She is the reason we are in the world cup, you fools!

11. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    Pinche Rojas. I just remembered the sumbitch was hittin on my girl at Spartan Stadium a while back. (friendly game against Lazio sitting right behind the benches while I went to get beer, right before the game started). Ha...too bad there was a language barrier.
    She did look nice though. But I digress. It was his dad's penis that got is in the World Cup.