Apertura 2007 - Gran Final - Pumas v Atlante

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, firstly, thanks gentlemen, I am delighted to have the honour of posting this thread... just writing the title gave me a rare thrill, I can tell you.

What to say? Firstly the time of the away leg has changed so the games are now:-

Thursday 6th December 2007 CU 9pm
    Sunday 9th December 2007 6pm

Atlante have been good away from home throughout the season, although I have seen little of them... anyone fill us in here of what we have to worry about?

The teams been looking better and better throughout Tuca's reign, usually finding a replacement that is as good or better than anyone leaving, eg...

Bernal's injuries last season, Ro-Ro came in and did an excellent job
    Tuca made Velarde titular, and he has been superb, stepped up like he'd been playing top flight footy all his life
    "We need not worry about Beltran going, we have Pikolin", how we laughed, but how Tuca and Veron helped Palacios get better... and when he moved on, Moreno has been great... and Veron goes off to serve with Paraguay and comes back to find Carlos Humberto González has taken his place.

Two areas have proved a problem - contencion and a number 9.... well, he moved Castro to contencion, where he has been great, and the lad Espinosa has stepped up no problem to right-back. Leandro clearly has more faith in Castro then he ever had in Sancho (and others), and his game is much better with Castro there, I think.

Since the Ailton days left wing has been a problem... I would say Ruebens Sambueza has been a great buy, already. And Pablo Barrera...well, what can we say, other than....anyone remember that bleached blond boy who used to be there? No I had forgotten him,too......

At last he realises the gem he got in Scocco, the sort of player who can win a game, and he needs to play all the time....as for Number 9? well he bought another donkey, but this one manages to get them in the net somehow...

We won the quarter and semi at home.. I say we need to go to Cancun with at least 2 goal advantage... no reason we should not win the SIXTH, but also no reason why Atlante can't top off their hugely succesful move in the best possible way....

But I MUST stick my neck out, these are my preddies
    Head:-
    Pumas 0 - Atlante 0
    Atlante 3 - Pumas 1

Heart:-
    Pumas 3 - Atlante 0
    Atlante 2 - Pumas 2

2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

Are u serious ro-ro is a horrible keeper even for a backup, he gives out zero sense of security. god forbidden a injury to bernal I cannot see pumas not taking at least a 2-0 to Cancun. we have a good defense, a solid mid and good strikers.

3. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Atlante is a very strong team. They have an excellent keeper, the best striker in the MFL, and a handful of other difference makers. Of course, their biggest intagible quality was playing in front of raucous crowd that supported the hell out of them, as opposed to a cavernous stadium that was ightly peppered with fans.

As much as I would love to see Pumas win, I think Atlante is a team of destiny. And I am perfectly fine with that.

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    last year when he came in for Bernal, after he did his arm horribly at home v Atlante Ro-Ro did very well for us..he had one dodgy game (v America), but thet rest of the time was solid, and was awesome away at San Luis (1-0 win, Scocco) in a game we really should have lost ...anyway he's not with us anymore, is he?

5. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I believe that Atlante will will, I really really hope they do, they deserve it. They've played with their hearts on their sleeve and their fans in Cancun deserve a champion team in their first year there.

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    How do those DF fans feel about it all? I mean they had 2 or 3 thousand that went and now they move they are in the final... I would be gutted if it were me...

7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. cucarachon

cucarachon New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    México City
    jeez guys, i ended paying 900 pesos for my ticket, it was cheap tho, revendedores are selling them for 2,000 pesos, thats INSANE. Anyway, Atlante is a really dangerous team, Pereyra is a classic 10, really talented, he knows how to control the ball, he's intelligent and he can score. Maldonado... I think that guy is the best striker in La Liga, at least hes been superb I really dont know why he's not in europe. Toledo, an ex-pumas player, he scored in the final's first leg when we won the bicampeonato, he's really talented, his long shots are really dangerous, he's also intelligent and plus, he knows our team, he knows the players and how he has to play against them. El Hobbit, really talented and really intelligent, his passes are superb and he can also shoot from distance, this player is a must for the mexican olympic squad. Nkong, he can run, and run, and run, and run, he is always gonna be a danger. As for the defence, the one who is really really good is Mustafa, he's a player like rafa marquez, he can defend very very well, but he can also push his team forward as well.

I think Veron has to be a starter in this game, if not i dunno how we are gonna stop maldonado. Castro and Leandro have to give their 100%, taking control of the "media" is gonna be really important against atlante, don't let them play their game, I know tuca will be able to pull this out. We're winning i just know it...
    Yo paro en una barra que esta deeescontrolada, una barra reloca, que nadie la toca, tomando mucho vino, fumando mariguana, vamos a todos lados, donde pumas vaya, ay chiquita, ay preciosa, ay sabrosa, dale dale PUMAS que hoy ganamoooos PONGAN HUEVOS QUE LA VUELTA DAMOS, esta barra loca que te quiere tanto, va contiiigo a todos lados!!!!:D:D:D

9. 100%Pumista69

100%Pumista69 New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    denver co.
    Well i really hope dat PUMAS win tere playin really gud, we first beat da second place team n then da 1st place damn ahora nos falta da 3rd place team so i tnk they deserve to win!! N also ckz they ma favorite team bt even if they lose at least they made it to da finalz bt da best alwatz winz so will have to wait n c, n i hope datz PUMAS 4sure.................

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    the important part of that statement is "my ticket" and not "900 pesos".... very jealous... will be a great night tonight... enjoy it, forget the money....when you think of the number of people searching for tickets, could be in the millions!! not surprising they are changing hands for so much... still 2 grand is a fair chuck of change....

11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    EL PARTIDO COMENZARÁ A LAS 21:00 hrs
    TIEMPO DE LA LA CIUDAD DE MÉXICO
    SE REQUIERE DE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER
    Y UNA CONEXIÓN DE POR LO MENOS 500 kbs
    PARA SU ÓPTIMA VISUALIZACIÓN.

AYUDA A MANTENER VIVO ESTE PROYECTO
    CADA VEZ SON MÁS LOS AFICIONADOS DE PUMAS QUE SIGUEN LOS
    PARTIDOS DEL EQUIPO, TANTO EN VIVO COMO DE MANERA DIFERIDA,
    A TRAVÉS DE ESTE SITIO. SIN EMBARGO EN LO QUE VA DEL TORNEO
    ÚNICAMENTE HEMOS RECIBIDO TRES DONATIVOS QUE EN TOTAL NO
    SUPERAN LOS $380.00 PESOS

EN LA COLUMNA DE LA DERECHA HAY UNA LIGA PARA
    HACER EL DONATIVO EN LÍNEA, ES SEGURO Y PUEDEN USAR TANTO
    TARJETAS DE CRÉDITO COMO DE DÉBITO. AHORA TAMBIÉN SE PUEDEN HACER LOS DONATIVOS A TRAVÉS DE PAYPAL. AYUDA A SEGUIR CON
    ESTE PROYECTO ÚNICO QUE PRETENDE ACERCAR A PUMAS CON
    SUS AFICIONADOS QUE SE ENCUENTREN EN CUALQUIER
    PARTE DEL MUNDO.

http://www.pumastv.com/

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    4-4-2 Veron starting in place of Humberto Gonzalez

13. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    23 mins... lovely Sambueza ball for Solari who goes down, no penalty

nasty challenge gets Ovalle yellow

14. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UNAM has the juice so far.

15. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    indeed, but I think we need to take at least a couple of goals to Cancun...

16. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scocco should have released that pass earlier. How many more chances until UNAM starts shooting?

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    when are these guys gonna pass it to sambueza?...dude has been alone on at least 3 times...:mad:

18. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    he's looking good, isnt he?

0-0 HT, by the way, no changes at half time

19. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, like the old-timers say, keep shootin', and eventually a goal will happen.

20. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Ex puma Toledo off, for Gabriel Pereyra..

Sambueza at full stretch shoots wide

lovely Barrera run, free kick edge of box

21. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...results in good save Vilar...nothing from corner...

come we need to make this pressure count... got to score in next 10-15...

22. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    Pumas best get some sort of advantage...Cancun is a tough place to play at come playoffs. That sounded weird in my head.

23. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    you are right... already Cancun is a hard place to get a result...

Atlante coming more into it... a feeling we have missed our chance to win this final...

24. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Atlante get the momentum till the final whistle, they'll be that much tougher at home. Momentum in the remaining 10-15 mintes is crucial for the mentals.

25. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    the longer it stays 0-0, the more Atlante grow....

******** me... Solari is a donkey..