AO Hartford: Upcoming viewings

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by wolfp10, Jan 18, 2010.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    The U.S. National team has a number of friendlies upcoming in the next few months. AO Hartford will be having viewing parties for each of these games. We have had success recently with Vaughan's in Downtown Hartford; they are soccer friendly, their regulars follow soccer, and they are willing to go the extra mile, including broadcasting internet feeds onto their big screen!

If you or someone you know is attending any of the upcoming friendlies please let us know. One of our members is going to the Netherlands game, and it would be great to meet up with other members on the road.

Here is the current schedule of games...

Saturday, January 23: US v. Honduras, 9 pm Eastern

Wednesday, February 24: US v. El Salvador, 7 pm eastern

Wednesday, March 3: US v. Netherlands, 2:30 pm eastern

Yours in football,

Mike

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought you were afraid of going to Vaughn's because the people were too good looking there?

3. whalers97

whalers97 Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Should be a fun time. Anyone who is a soccer fan in the nutmeg state should go!

1 person likes this.
  4. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I have not been following these things too closely but what do you mean? Is Vaughan's like a fancy dress up place or something?

Anyway it should be cool, I hope I can make it.

5. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.. it's just an Irish pub. The staff wear soccer jerseys. I was referring to some prior posted nonsense.

6. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Wear a U.S. shirt and you'll be fine.

7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen any emails or anything yet as a reminder, but I assume some folks will be meeting up for this match? I actually have a day off for sure so I can finally make one!

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this wednesday...anything?

9. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    You better believe it! Expect a big announcement tomorrow morning.

10. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm, what might that be?
    Do we have a block party coming soon to Hartford?

11. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I spoke with a representative with U.S. Soccer. They confirmed that the rumored USA-Czech Republic match will in fact take place on Tuesday, May 25 at Rentschler Field. That is the good news, here is the better news...

U.S. Soccer will be making the announcement at Vaughan's this Wednesday during the US-Netherlands game! They have asked us to come out in full force for the game to support the announcement. This is an incredibly exciting event for our young group. So tell every soccer fan you know, and help spread the word!

Mike