AO Hartford game viewings

Discussion in 'The American Outlaws' started by wolfp10, Jul 17, 2009.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    AO Hartford will be having a viewing party for the US-Panama game at City Steam Brewery in Downtown Hartford, CT tomorrow at 730 pm. All are welcome to attend.

2. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same place different time.

Citysteam on 08/12/2009 for the Mexico game.

3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How close are we to becoming an official chapter? Should we do some recruiting on wed?

4. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I plan on doing some recruiting on Wednesday. We have some ways to go to become official (25 paid members) but I have faith that we will get there.

5. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have invited a few others to come as well. everyone is working, so who really knows.

I asked someone at HYPE to try and post the "event" on their site, but admitadly half assed and only just today.

In the future I think HYPE would be a great place for us to post viewing events, because their membership is over 1000 strong and they are the kind of people that can afford to go to games, and are young and enthusiastic about the city.

6. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I hadn't heard of hype before; I will keep it in mind for the future.

7. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with Citysteam regarding the game just a moment ago.

4PM is the begining of Happy hour, so all beers will be $2.00 Off.
    this means they will cost between $2.25 and $2.75 depending on what you order. Also they said something about "bar bites" being 3 dollars off, so they only cost 5 bucks. I am not sure what the "bar bites" are, but I am guessing its most of the apps.

so basicly you can get a great game with cheap beer and cheap food.

Also, starting at 7PM their pint night promotion begins, so if you are sticking around, the beers are still pretty cheap after happy hour.

Finally, and this is important.
    Tomorrow night Citysteam will be hosting a COMEDY Cancer benefit in the brew haha comedy room starting at 8pm and only $25.
    If you like comedy, its a great way to keep the night going and support a great cause. here are the details

http://www.citysteambrewerycafe.com...CER-SOCIETY-RELAY-FOR-LIFE-BENEFIT-SHOW&p=296

and to cap it all off, Lindsey, my favorte bar tender will be taking care of us.

9. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like good stuff. Hope you guys have a good showing and can use this place in the future.

Go yanks!

10. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    AO Hartford will be having two viewing parties for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers...

US. v. El Salvador at 8 pm on Saturday, September 5, and

US v. Trinidad and Tobago at 7 pm on Wednesday, September 9.

Both viewings will be at City Steam Brewery, 942 Main St in Downtown Hartford. On Wednesday City Steam has a drink special, $5 for a tall pint and $3 refills after the first one.

Feel free to spread the word and invite everyone you know to two fun nights with the National team and AO Hartford!

11. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sept. 5th and Sept. 9th dates are confirmed with City Steam.

I have som additional info about the Saturday game on the 5th.

For the Saturday game on the 5th, there are no traditional promotions, but Tony said that if we get 10 or more people he will give us a free beer bong (3 pitchers of beer).
    Also, there will be a Charity Benefit for ROCCS (Research for Ovarian Cancer and Continued Survival) going on all night in the restaurant on Sept. 5th. A $5 cocktail will be available ( all proceeds from the sale of this cocktail) will go to ROCCS.

So if you would rather have a cocktail than a beer, you can get it cheap, and support a charity at the same time.

And just so there is no confusions regarding the beer bong, If 20pp or 30pp show up it will still be one beer bong comp’d total, not a beer bong per 10pp.

Mind you if we start getting 30+ people I will negotiate something more benneficial.

Cheers!

12. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UHart has their home opener against UMass at 7:00pm on Saturday if anyone wants a pre-match activity. If you leave at halftime and the game starts on time you'll get downtown with plenty of time to spare.

13. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Everyone,

There are a couple of changes to our viewing party this Wednesday for the US v. Trinidad Qualifier...

1. The game time is listed at 7 pm EST.

2. City Steam does not have ESPN Classic, but Vaughan's on Pratt Street in Downtown Hartford does, so we will be watching the game there. They may have some drink specials that evening.

Please spread the word about Wednesday's viewing, everyone is welcome to attend!