AO Hartford: Chapter Status, Czech game, and more!

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by wolfp10, Mar 23, 2010.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Good evening everyone. We have some important announcement to make regarding AO Hartford…

1. USA v. Czech Republic at Rentscher Field. The U.S. National Team will be playing a World Cup “warm up” game at our very own Rentschler Field on Tuesday, May 25 at 8 pm. Tickets are available through The American Outlaws at their website. Members are entitled to the discounted rate.

2. Last week AO Hartford surpassed the 25 memberships required to become an official chapter. The application to become an official chapter was submitted this week, and we expect it to be processed shortly. What does this mean for us? AO Hartford will now have an official banner, discounts on membership, members can purchase more than one supporters ticket at the discounted price, and will have limited funds to perform our activities.

3. AO Hartford’s new email address is aohartford@gmail.com. Please update your address books accordingly.

4. We are looking for a volunteer to be AO Hartford’s membership chairperson. Duties will include maintaining our membership lists, help recruiting new members, and being active with chapter activities. Please let us know if you are interested.

5. AO Hartford is actively working with AO National in preparing for the Czech Republic game. Let us know if you want to lend a hand in planning any events surrounding this game.

These are exciting times for our chapter. Let’s keep up the great work ahead of the World Cup!

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome...way to go AO Hartford!

3. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    US vs. Czech Republic
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010
    Rentschler Field
    East Hartford, Conn.
    8 pm ET

Great news from AO Hartford:

The hotel contract has been received; the group discount rate of $149/night through code: AMOAMOD

Residence Inn By Marriott Downtown Hartford
    942 Main St
    Hartford, CT 06103
    860-524-5550
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bdlri-residence-inn-hartford-downtown/

Walking distance to the new Connecticut Science Center, great restaurants like Dish, Morton’s and Asylum Cafe. And of course, our supporters pub Vaughan’s Public House. Not to mention City Steam Brewery, McKinnon’s, Tavern and about 10 other drinking/eating establishments.

The stadium is a 10 minute drive but we are still working on shuttle service details to follow.

Shawn
    AO Hartford

4. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    Re: AO Hartford: Chapter Status, Czech game, Pub Crawl ect.

Fine tuning a Pub Crawl the night before the US game at RENTSCHLER.

AO Hartford "ASYLUM ST" PUB CRAWL
    MONDAY MAY 24

5. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

might be smart to let the places know to expect crouwds.

I know most downtown bars staff light on Tuesday night, and we don't want everyone to get thirsty waiting for drinks or bars to be overwhelmed.

I might also suggest including Arch St Tavern as a day time pre-game.

just last week they re did their patio (twice the size) so if visitors need a place to chill on a nice day me thinks that would work nicely. It out of the way for night time but during the day and on a nice day there are not too many outside spaces to drink.

I suspect Vaughns will be packed.

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is unless Vaughan's has the block party...there will be plenty of outdoor space to drink!

7. TJF2

TJF2 New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    RI
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will there be a coordinated tailgate as well? Myself and some RI Chapter members will be getting down there around 6, likely to late to participate in the block party...

8. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT

Monday May 24th: AO HARTFORD ASYLUM ST. PUB CRAWL is official.

Just got all the bar owners (5 bars) to agree to Drink Specials and to sponsor this event.

Details to follow in the next day or so....

Tuesday MAY 25th: Pregame Gameday Party

As for game day events - I'm still working with the management of Vaughan's Public House to organize a block party before the game and hopefully shuttle service to and from the stadium. This is taking alittle longer than I had hoped.... I will stop by tomorrow and speak to management. But honestly, either way... THE PARTY IS ON AT VAUGHAN"S!!!!

9. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT

Just spoke to Vaughan's management, they are leaning toward not having a block party or shuttle service. Looks like the cost of organizing this type of an event on a Tuesday night might be too risky. That being said, we still have a month till the game so who knows what they will finally decide.

I say EVERYONE who reads this calls Vaughan's directly and ask if they are having a block party. 860.882.1560

Either way, Vaughan's Public House 59 Pratt St. downtown Hartford will be the location of our pregame party.

10. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is the hotel promotion a limited thing? I tried to enter the code and it didnt work.

11. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT

Shouldn't be but I think you need to call.

12. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
  13. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    I'm an AO member but I missed out on the April 1st deadline for tickets in the supporters section, is there any other way to purchase tickets or did I miss out on the chance?

14. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT

If you need extra tickets contact Garrett of AO Boston. He has extra tickets as they are organizing buses to the games from Boston.

garrett.quinn.3000@gmail.com

I hear he takes payments in beer.

15. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People with knowledge of the rent..... are there any lots, Rent operated or private, that allow charcoal?
    Any info would be appreciated. Also, lot opening times would be helpful as well as I would like to start my tailgate around 2pm.
    Thanks.

16. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    There is another forum dealing with tailgating. I'm on my iPhone so I can't copy paste in so do a search of Hartford forums

17. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
  18. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    The American Outlaws Tailgate will be in Lot #9 at Rentschler Field, Hartford CT for the US vs. Czech Republic Game. Spread the Word. Beer & Food, with help from Budweiser on all Hartford Events. See you there!!!

[​IMG]

19. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can we access this lot? Any passes or anything needed or just drive in?

20. TJF2

TJF2 New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    RI
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we know what the "food and beer" entails? There will be 10 AO:RI guys in town and we want to stock up accordingly...

21. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    There are no passes needed to access the Tailgate. Just park close to LOT 9 by entering the East Gate.

Food and beer will be provided but will probably go quick. Everyone is welcome to bring their own food and drinks and make this a "community" party.

Post game Party will be at our New AO Hartford Supporters Pub.

Damon's Tavern
    310 Prospect Avenue,
    Hartford, Connecticut 06106.
    Telephone: (860) 233-9900
    http://damonstavern.com/photos.html

For details on ALL the events AO Hartford is organizing for the US v. Czech Game (PUB CRAWL, TAILGATE and POST GAME PARTY) visit our website:

http://hartford.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Thanks

22. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    Tailgate starts at 4pm!!!

23. stevorea

stevorea New Member

May 16, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey lads:

Just to let you know I've arranged a book signing for Finn McCool's Football Club, a story about soccer in New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina, from 5-7pm at Vaughan's Public House on Pratt Street from 5-7pm on Tuesday in case any of you are interested.

Myself and some of the other guys from the United States Northern Ireland Supporters Club will also be around for the pub crawl on the Monday night.

Really looking forward to it, see ya next week. If we can beat England by the way then the States certainly can!

Stephen Rea

24. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone from AO Hartford has or knows anyone with two extra tickets in the supporter's section, I could really use them. Just heard from some friends coming down from Burlington VT for the match.
    Thanks!

25. sjquakesfan81

sjquakesfan81 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys. I'm a huge USMNT fan, but this will be my first ever national team game. I'm a US Army Soldier currently studying in Boston, and I'll be making the trip from Beantown with 8 other fellow students who love the game.

We are planning on checking in to the Marriot Residence Inn in the early afternoon, and then making it over to Lot 9 by 4pm. I've got a portable gas grill and plan on BBQ'ing and drinking until game time. Is anyone welcome in Lot9, or is it just for AO's? I'd love to be a member but havent taken the plunge yet.

Hope to see you all there. I've waited all my life for a USMNT game, and now that its here I can't wait. Should be an opportunity of a lifetime.

Talk to you all soon.