Anyone traveling to Rome for the CL Match?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Suckafree, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nearly time for "beddy byes" people. Taxi coming at 5am tomorrow morning to take me to the airport.
    "Buona notte, amicos. Domani Roma" :)

2. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    be safe peoples.

3. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Likewise!

4. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Have fun tonight guys! But stay safe.

5. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say those of you who traveled definitely got your money's worth.

6. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    I'm hoping that we get an 'all clear' some time soon.

Unless of course, Judy is sticking her fist, in some blokes gob.;)

[​IMG]

7. Lanesra

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Texted Judy this morning,all good

8. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i've actually been to that, and I didn't lose my hand! ;)

9. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just got back after a great trip. All went well, and we all got together for a good drink at "Scholars Lounge" Irish bar the first night. Weather nice and sunny throughout the day. Did a lot of the sites. Met up with Rick, and he made us all "billionaires" overnight, with cash donations to us all in the form of Zim $. :) Travelling to the game was a nightmare due to the "bus system" arranged for visiting fans. Got back to the town centre at 2am and being kept in for almost as long as the game was! :mad: He reports of one coach being ambushed, and "cut up" by cars and forced to stop, when a flare was thrown in, forcing the fans out, and one being stabbed. (Unconfirmed report).
    Other than that no other knkown problems and a good time had by all I believe. Met some AFC fans who are posting on "U Tube" today, some of them standing outside the Vatican singing the "W4NKY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR" song! (We actually saw a guy wearing a Sperzz shirt going around the Pantheon with his missus!!). Not a good day for that!
    However the game was tense for most of it. Not a good performance by either team, but to quote the most famous Roman of them all. "VENI, VIDI, VICI". We came, we saw, we conquered ! :) Let's hope it's Villareal next! I will post more later, but just a quick update to let people know a quick insight to the trip. Many late nights and many beers!

10. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sounds like a good one!

11. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, to give a more broader picture of the trip, for me it started with a flight from London to Geneva, Switzerland to hook up with a couple of friends, and a visit to a local bar that shows all the games, "Mr. Pickwick's" should anyone needs to find such a place if there. A couple of beers and lunch, a quick visit around Geneva, and then back to the airport for the flight to Rome. Arrived at about 3.30pm and to the hotel, and then out to the Irish bar, "Scholar's Lounge" to meet up with the rest of the crew. Judy, Rick, "The Slippery One" and "Suckafree", a.k.a. Peter and Derek, Doug, and numerous other Gooners who joined us, including a couple of Norwegian buddies of mine, from "Trondheim Gooners" who I didn't know were coming. All C/L games that Tuesday night were shown. A good first night get together, and a large group of young American girls came in later. (I'll leave Rick to continue from there ! :D ). The next day was spent sight seeing around the major attractions, and whilst walking through to the Vatican, we got to see the Pope who was delivering his regular Wednesday morning service, unknown to us, after his ride around the crowd in the "Popemobile". An added bonus. Then onto the Colosseum, the Forum, the Pantheon (where we saw a guy in a Spurs shirt with his missus!!). Pit stops at somne squares for food and beers, and then back to the hotel to get kitted up for the game. Travel to which on the coaches both there and back turned out to be a nightmare!! :mad: I expect all saw the game so I won't touch on that. Got back into town around 2am, and all the bars were closed. Not sure why, but police orders may have had something to do with it. Found a kebab shop that had food and beer so stopped there for a while. Whilst on route, we got stopped by a Roman hooker looking for business, which included her flashing her boobs at us to try and drum up some business, but just like Roma, she didn't score either! ("B" team player! ). Back to the hotel around 4am and finished the night (or morning) off with some beers we had there. Thursday morning back out for sightseeing and visits in Arsenal shirts to the areas we were told to stay away from. "No problems"! :) More compliments than stick. After finishing the afternoon with a few more celebratory beers, if was off to the airport again, and met up with other returning Gooners, and more beer! Back to Switzerland and then onto London, getting home around 11pm. A good trip overall, and nice to see some old faces, plus some new ones. Bring on the next trip !

12. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Was a great trip, good to see old faces and make some American chicks Arsenal fans!!! I never knew American college girls could drink so much.....................:eek:

Back in sunny Africa now but will hopefully be making QF stage as well.

13. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra

It depends on the college, Rick. ;)

Glad you and everyone else made it back safely. Sounds like a great time.

14. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Huzzah!

15. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Next stop, "VILLAREAL" ! :D Flight and hotel booked !! :cool:

16. Lanesra

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Likewise

17. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Unfortunately I'll have to be taking that one in from here in Denver.

:(