anyone traveling solo?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by hiddi, Dec 25, 2005.

1. hiddi

hiddi Member

Jul 23, 2005
    philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    without tickets without someone to travel with :( anyone in the same boat and want to perhaps team up with phase 3 lottery for usa and a couple others?

2. bronceskin

bronceskin New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    WHITTIER CA
    maybe we can meet up there ill like to attend to a us game but my tickets are for the mexico games

3. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    maybe what do u have in mind? i have a free place to stay near frankfurt

4. keeph

keeph New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    i'm also travelling solo and with no ticket yet!
    i'm not american but im a big USMNT fan since WC 1990 when i saw them playing for the first time,in italy

5. traviskiks

traviskiks New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    NC
    Toon Soldier 86,

Hi, when will you be over there? My friends and I are planning on staying in Frankfurt for about a week in late June. We're still thinking about lodging: hostel, hotel, etc.. Trying to figure which is the most logical for us as we'll be traveling back and forth (Munich, Paris, Amsterdam) from Frankfurt.

6. Explorer

Explorer New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Haha i'm planing to do the excact same thing actually, traveling there with no tickets and most likey alone, (I think I can give up hope of recieving a ticket from the lottery) never been to the world cup before so should be a good experience even if I don't get to see a game!
    I'm from London though... and hoping to watch England of course :)

7. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Im a soccer writer from canada and 23. I am going alone is its the only true way to make new friends at an event like this. The euro was brilliant and I would love to meet up with any fans of the game regardless of your team and have a few pints.

as for lodging they have a few hostels and campsites ready for the world cup at 15 euros a night whch isnt bad at all. but if you are looking for the big hotels then your in trouble for sure with their prices going through the roof

8. derose

derose New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Sao Caetano, SP, BRA
    Hi friends. I´m going in a solo trip from Brazil. I´ll be staying there from 10/6 to 12/7 and got a TST7 Brazil ticket. Between the matches I plan to travel around Europe and I´d be proud to have a beer with you guys. Feel free to contact me.

9. Forca Portugal

Forca Portugal New Member

Apr 7, 2006
    CANADA
    I will be solo for about 2 weeks from June 22nd to the final. I was also at the EURO 2004 (every Portugal game) and it was amazing. I painted my face and acted like a goof and ended up in every major newspaper in Portugal (Bola, Record, Jogo....). Hoping for some of the same to happen in Germany.... :D

10. Blackbaron

Blackbaron New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    San Diego
    I'm there for 3 weeks with a campervan for most of that time. 7 games at the moment...family in Munchen. should be fun. I'll keep an eye out for all you fellow soloists!

11. soccerballer

soccerballer New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    solo, have tst5 for usa and spain vs ukraine.via las vegas to franfurt 6/4-7/4. :)

12. Ambrecht311

Ambrecht311 New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    San Diego
    im 20 and i live in san diego usa. I'll probably end up in Germany alone without tickets and wouldnt mind cruisin around with other people lookin for games and what not.

13. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Chicago
    I'm headed into Frankfurt on the 2nd day of the opening round and leave the 2nd day of the 2nd rounders. I'll be coming from Chicago and will spend most of my time around Frankfurt or Munich. I have been forced to become a Tunisian fan as their TST-4 is all I have right now. I am looking to pickup the US tickets while there, or is there another chance through US soccer to get some?

14. seiya

seiya New Member

May 7, 2005
    New York
    I wish i was going at all haha, maybe next world cup. Have fun.

15. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    I swear to you that i was doing the exact same thing. I was on FSW, Bola and Joga too! even GOl TV played a quick thing about me that my friend taped! This year I have the luxury of putting together the World Cup fans story together for Inside SOCCER magazine ere in Canada. If you are a crazy fan i want to hook up with you for a day and go nuts. Thats what this tourney is all about enjoying the times and of course ' a time to make friends'

Also I have a few spots reserved but not paid for yet and if anyone is looking to partner up for a loft, hostel whatever let me know. I could use the hotel thing courtesy of the magazine but I refuse to be with the suits that always seem to stay there. the low cost hosuing is the best fans spots period. Plus I will have free access to many museums and centres/tours because of my media work.

16. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm going solo for the Mex Angola and Mex Portugal games. I always travel with my 2 buddies but they could not make it. I really was looking forward to going so I rather go alone than not go at all. Im sure I'll meet people over there and have a blast.

17. Mario4284

Mario4284 New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in Hamburg(traveling solo) fron June 17th to 25th (in Kaisereslautern on June 23rd). Anybody going to the Saudi Arabia - Ukraine game in Hamburg? and/or Saudi Arabia vs Spain in Kaiserslautern on June 23rd?

18. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will be travelling solo from June 30 to July 9 and will attend all the matches from Q final all the way (Q final will be in Hamburg and Gelsenkirchen). I am up to meet everyone. I am from San Diego. From this thread, Forca Portugal and derose are in line with my schedule, maybe toronto sports? Anyway, PM me...

19. jptc11

jptc11 New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    traveling han solo from D.C. the 25 thru the 11th (or so). Other than a flight into Frankfurt, absolutely nothing planned. anyone have any thoughts on the best spots to watch games w/ out a ticket?

20. slugger

slugger New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    hey good luck to all you folks on the way to germany...Latest figures just released by the fan co-ordination unit..in germany at present...top 3... 65,000 dutch fans, 80,000 polish fans 100,000 english fans..have fun.:)