anyone still remember tasha sanders?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Apr 4, 2003.

1. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    she was the girl w/ cystick (sp?) fibrosis that was brought out by make-a-wish for a game, and then some of us put together a drive to bring her out again for the last game vs. LA?

anyway, i wanted to float the idea and see what kind of support i could get for making this happen again this year. i still have her contact info, so could figure that end out fine, and i'd be willing to 'manage' the efforts again. chime in w/ thoughts. my thinking is that we could pick one of the mid year or late year games and that would allow us more time to put it together, as it was a little hectic last year. let me know

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

p.s. mods...any chance i could get this stickied for a bit?

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While, I really appreciate all that the fans did, I have a suggestion. And I really don't want to step on feet or piss anyone off. So I'm try to say this without doing that. It's just my feelings on things. And I'm not trying to be mean.

But....

Why does it have to be Tasha again? Is it possible to do this for someone else. I mean, there are plenty of people out there who would love this kind of opportunity.

I have absolutely nothing against Tasha. But I just think maybe the fans have done their part for her. Maybe it's time to spread the love around to others. Just a thought.

It's great that everyone is doing something at all, however. It truly shows the spirit of the fans.

3. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I think it's Tasha because she made the Quakes and Donovan her choice for her Make-A-Wish. It was kinda cool that a Missouri girl chose us.....IMHO. We knew it would be appreciated.

4. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Although she is bad luck, Quakes haven't won in her two appearances. ;)

5. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I don't mind that either but.....I just like knowing that the person we bring to the game is a fan or has an interest in being here.....even if it is about Landons abz. :D

6. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    how can we forget Tasha?

one of the sweetest, most endearing gestures of humanity I have ever been a part of...

Thanks again to everone who organized & contributed....

maybe this year we should hook up Tasha AND someone else? maybe contact Make-A-Wish and see if anyone else has expressed interest? maybe for US Wales?