Anyone recieved yes/no tickets email from US Soccer?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DGNB, Dec 30, 2005.

1. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    I put my application in at 5:10 PM EST. I went out for a few drinks after that. I just wanted to watch Carolina vs. the Bears. I come back really really early (1:15 AM) just to check my e-mail and what do you know. No e-mail at all. What a shame this whole thing is.

2. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I applied through ussoccer.com for two Cat. 3 tickets for the Italy and Czech Rep. game and I was number 10XXX. Although there have been BS members who were numbered in the 10,000s and did receive a confirmation email, I received an email from them on Sunday at 2:30 pm PST stating that I'm on their "priority waiting list"...whatever that means.

I'm still going to stay optimistic about getting those WC tickets. Like a fellow BS member said, US Soccer is just the middle man so it's really no use getting upset at them. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. If it's meant to be for me to be in Germany in June, then it's meant to be. If it's not, then oh well.

3. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    After this whole process I am going to talk with someone at US Soccer tmw. It really makes no sense that people with confirms above 10000 got tickets. Those in the 5000's and 9000's did not. People have said they got their fax in early on day one and got waitlisted. This makes absolutely no sense. I think the USSF had to many applications and had no way to sort them. I think the just put them all in one pile and just conducted their own random lottery. I think they just started pulling names out and said start sending out yes and no responses as quick as possible. I think the process they used was disorganized and unfair to all. That includes the people who got an e-mail saying yes. I still have not got an e-mail and they better eventually send me one. Not fair to just post that message and not send out the rest of the e-mails.:mad:

4. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    JUST got my confirmation. I requested 2 seats CAT III for the 1st 3 games. I got 2 seats for Game #1 and Game #3 in CAT IV --- no Italy. But at least I'm now going.

This process still was inexcusable. The USSF needs to rethink this for 2010.

5. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    I am leaving for work at the moment. But I checked my e-mail account at work and see that I got an e-mail at 3AM this morning apologizing for a problem with the websites e-mail system and that I was waitlisted. I had confirmation #9042. I will be calling USSF today for some answers. I better run of to work.

6. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    FYI - My confirmation was low 90xx....and delivered at 7am on Tuesday....good luck

7. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    I spoke with US Soccer today and they now tell me that the confirm# were actually given out in order and that if people with lower numbers were bi-passed it was because their order forms may not have been complete (people gave driver liscense # rather than passport#s). I told her that I was sure my order form was complete and I told her that people with confirms in the low 9000's posted that they got tix. I told her that I was 9042 and she said they must have cut-off tickets right before my # came up. I also told her the whole process was not professional and they should have done a lottery system. She said many people had called today and she appreciates the input from the fanclub members. Not sure what to believe. I asked for Category 1 tickets for the first two US games and indicated that I would accept lower categories if none were available. That would mean no one with a confirm # above 9042 asking for the same games as myself should have got tickets. Posts have indicated that people with higher numbers got those tix. I believe US Soccer is not being truthful. Good luck to those of you who got tix and those that did not please call up and voice your displeasure with the whole process. Thanks.

8. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Oct 18, 2000
    Los Angeles
    I overnighted my app, after trying to fax it for 7 hours between the time it was available and the time I had to choose whether to continue taking my chances or DHL it. Put in for cat II 2 seats for all 7 rounds, and got conf. 93XX. Ended up with tix for Round of 16 through Final. Got at excited at first (in my sleep-deprived state- had a son on 12/9 and went in to work the following Monday instead of enjoying P-leave primarily to fax in my app, but I've been dedicated to late-nite feedings ever since), thinking I had tix for all rounds but then sadly realized I had the booby prize- not only do I have no tangible tix, but I'm consigned to give FIFA an interest-free, $1500 6-month loan for games that will probably never come about (love the Yanks with great confidence, but ITA and CZE won't underestimate us like POR and the team we NEED to beat is the African Fav- we got screwed in the draw, should have been seeded over MEX instead of being placed firmly in the G.O.D.) It's a bit of a slap in the face for a dedicated fan with low income, but It's great to know that the cutoff is so close to my number for those who got them (previous WCOCs have allocated more tix to Feds), but I'm not holding out hope for "returns".

No good answer for a fairer system- FCFS is better than a lottery for those of us who are so passionate, but they could have sorted by USPS certified post-mark (sync'd time zones, of course, with a lottery occurring among the tying entries in the cutoff minute) or at least distributed conf numbers by pre-reg emails and matched them up with hard-copy or faxed apps (where the duplicates could be filtered out.)

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time thinking about this . . . in darkened bitterness
    :D