Anyone recieved yes/no tickets email from US Soccer?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DGNB, Dec 30, 2005.

1. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9:34pm PST ... priority waiting list email recieved. :(
    I'm still going to Germany. I'll have to pay 10x the price for tickets, but I will be there! US soccer needs to demand more tixs. I read somewhere Costa Rica is demananding more tixs. US Soccer needs to do the same. Doesn't hurt to ask!

2. kdsoc

kdsoc New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Absolute Garbage.
    I have a signed receipt for 9:38 on Tuesday am.

We asked for tickets to one first round game.
    We are wait listed.

"First come - first served".

3. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Still waiting. I believe I was in the 9000's. I hope that the other person who got tix was in the 10000's. Maybe I have some hope. I did speak to someone at US Soccer after we got our confirmation #s and they said the confirm #s were random. They were not given out in any order.

4. Joosetiger

Joosetiger New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, sorry to hear that you are on the waiting list... just when I thought the signs seemed positive for those still waiting. I guess logical deduction cannot be used when dealing with the simple task of allocating tickets to people on a list, crazy. Actually that last sentence doesn't make any sense as I reread it, but one thing is certain, I am now delerious and my finger hurts from hitting the dam* refresh button at least a thousand times. I still don't know what I have done more, this or hit send on my fax machine that day about a month ago. I'm going Crazy

5. plecceardone

plecceardone New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    I'm still waiting too. It's now 1:04am EST and no still no email. Not sure if that is good or bad? My confirmation # is 9xxx.

I too sat at the fax machine for almost 2 hours that first day, then decided to FedEx my ticket request which was received 9:43am on 12/13.

From what i can tell on this board, everyone that has received a 'yes' to having their orders processed are getting all the tickets that they've requested. I'd be happy just getting tickets for one of the 3 first-round games that i've requested.

6. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    This is a disgrace. The US should be the best. What a 3rd rate operation. Confirmation 90xx received at 7:09am next day and STILL NO EMAIL as to YES or WAITLIST...UN-BE-LEIVE-ABLE!!

7. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

Just be happy your fed isn't T&T, where the whole allocation went to Jack Warner's family travel agency!

8. Joosetiger

Joosetiger New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just sent my official complaint to their email address, I'm sure they will be receiving plenty of those. I hope we don't tie up their email by flooding it with our complaints. Out of curiosity, whats your estimate to the amount of emails that they had to send out in the last few days. My pick is something like 45,000. I bet in total between the three games, there is something like 8000 actual tickets available to us. My application was faxed and received by them that same day that we got them at about 4pm EDT

9. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    My confirm # is also 90xx and no word yet. It is now 1:22 EST. Guess we both are in a waiting mode.:mad:

10. DC_Matt

DC_Matt New Member

Nov 18, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Probably the most interesting post on any of these boards today. Is that really true? That might explain why some people with higher confirmation numbers, e.g. 85xx, 90xx have not gotten wait listed yet, when others with lower confirmation numbers, e.g. 60xx and 80xx, have.

11. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    2:08 AM and no e-mail. I am quite sure I will get waitlisted at this point. I already have hotels booked, so my next option is FIFA and then soccertravel.com. I went to Korea and I cannot miss this one. Good luck to all other poor souls out there waiting.

12. Correira99

Correira99 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Queens, NY
    It is sad that USSoccer is alienating so many of its own fans, poor job overall for handling this ticket things all wrong. They will lose fan support because of this.

13. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    3:04 AM and no e-mail. I might fly to Chicago tmw and rip someones head-off.:mad:

14. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    12:07 PST I got great news, allotted 4 of the five games requested - Czech, Ghana (two tix), 16s, and Quarters (1ticket). I guess I won't complain too loudly that we didn't get the Italy game. But WTF?

I agree this was not handled well. At least they could have told us where we were in line since it was "first come- first served". That in itself created a lot of anxiety for me.

Congratulations to those who were successful and hope to see everyone there.

15. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    When did your entry reach them and what was your confirm #. I still have not got my e-mail. Think it is time to go to bed and hope for the best. I still cannot believe it is 4 AM and they have not e-mailed me back. Congrats on the tickets. Hopefully I will share your fate.

16. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    Still no word for me at 8:20am on Sunday the 15th. It looks like others are still waiting as well. USSF should be ashamed.

17. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    I got a tix

I am happy but with mixed feelings. Got a tix for round of 16. i had applied for one tix to each 1st round game and 1 tix in round 2. (total of 4 games) but only got one game. I will still be out there for 3 weeks. US better make the second round. good luck to the rest.

18. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Finally got my confirmation

at 3:12 am, Guess they finally did put in an allnighter.

I got my Ghana tix, but not the Italy tix. Oh well, one is better than none!!!!

See you all in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. plecceardone

plecceardone New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Waited a whole month for them to email me at 10am this morning that i am waitlisted. They should be ashamed of the process they put us all through.

I was one of the many that sat in front of the fax machine for almost 2 hours trying to get through before deciding to overnight my order form, which was received just after 9am on 12/13. It's a shame that some people get ALL of the games/tickets they've requested and then some of us get nothing. I requested 2 tickets to each of the 1st round games and would have been more than happy to score tickets to just one of the 3. I'll be there regardless - it's just going to cost me a lot more.

Guess it's off to filling out the order form with fifa for the 3rd sales phase. Once again, i have my fingers crossed...

Congrats to those of you that scored tickets!

20. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    11AM on Sunday and I still have not heard. It seems that everyone who overnighted their entry form is getting waitlisted. I think that will be the case whenever the hell these guys get their act together.

21. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Anyone else still waiting?

22. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    nrang, still no word? My fax order went through at 6:58 PST. Long story. I dialed for nearly three hours straight. My confirmation #was 50xx. I don't know if it meant anything about your place in line. Someone here said it didn't. I knew that if the order didn't get in the first day I wouldn't get any because FIFA alloted such a small number.

Many Germans didn't get tickets for any games. The woman I'm dealing with for the motorhome rental in Germany tried to get tickets but couldn't. It really is just a crapshoot (and in the case of USSoccer, not just figurative language).

23. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    YES!! I am still waiting have not heard anything. I fedexed overnight. It got there the next day (Tues) at 7:09am. My confirmation number was 90xx.. Nothing on my credit card yet either.This is so darn frustrating....:mad:

24. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX

I did overnight also and got that tix.

Why is everybody so pissed at USSF. Tixs are not for a ticketmaster event, they are the middle man for FIFA so they must comply with their rules. im sure 31 other countries have issues with tix too. Atleast we had a chance at tixs. The Mexican Federation president told me at the airport that they dont distribute tixs to fans at all. They are all for sponsors and league members.

Dont think that I'm defending USSF because i got a tix. I know i got one tix but its for the second round. If the US doesnt make it out of the 1st round. I lose my tix and get money back....

25. redcladloon

redcladloon New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I just registered for this board because I, too, have been waiting to hear from U.S. soccer about the status of my application.

It's now 11:36 a.m. CST Sunday, and I've not received anything from U.S. soccer. We FedExed our applications (looking like a big mistake now) on Dec. 12 for the Italy and Ghana matches, which was received about 10 a.m. on Dec. 13. Our confirmation number is in the 92xx range.

I realize that the stories are all over the place right now, and we have only anecdotal evidence to go on. But does it appear that those of us who chose NOT to fax in their applications are basically out of luck?

Also, U.S. Soccer is making it monumentally difficult to contact them (big surprise). Someone else earlier in the thread mentioned that they sent an e-mail to U.S. Soccer; I'd be interested in what e-mail address they used. I could respond to my past "Ticket Advisories," I suppose, but I'm not certain it will get delivered, much less read.

Sigh. We had a big ol' family vacation planned around getting these tickets. That'll teach me to make plans based on broad, and probably overly optimistic assumptions. It's an understatement to say I vastly underestimated the demand for tickets. I don't blame U.S. soccer -- I'm sure they're doing what they can -- but I do have to say that the longer I sit here and wait without hearing anything, the more I have to doubt whether they've got their collective acts together.

Congratulations to those who have heard in the affirmative. Be sure to yell, chant and stomp as loudly as you can. Hopefully we'll be there with you. I'm hoping for the best in terms of tickets, but am pretty much preparing for the worst.