Anyone really believe tfc can comeback in ccl

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by TFCREDMENACE, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Can tfc score 5 or more to overcome deficit in ccl

1. HELL YES

2. Hell NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
  2. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    Idea...play sr academy team in 2nd leg
    Give them some top flight experiemce
    This tie is over..

3. Initial B

Initial B Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    All Independiente has to do is park the bus and let TFC players shatter their feet trying to kick a frozen ball. The cold will sap everyone's strength. TFC is done this year.

4. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    Sadly i agree...mlse mishandled this off season..now the 2019 mls season looks done like toasy as well

5. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    I'm having a hard time finding Panamanian weather data - but if the website I found is correct, the all-time record low in Panama City is +17C°. Which seems high to me ... but it is near the ocean and the equator.

I don't think TFC could comeback under normal conditions. But the forecast for kickoff is about -9°C at kickoff and a-16°C windchill.

It's quite possible that Panamanians won't cope. Though still pulling off 5 goals will a challenge.

On the other hand, it's going to be a record low for a TFC match. Our coldest match ever (no surprise) was the 2016 MLS cup, where (at Pearson) it was -5.3°C at kickoff (windchill -12°) and -6.0°C at the end of the match. Maybe TFC won't be able to cope as well - I don't think moral is very good.

6. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    I would feel better if jozy was playing hes the only goal scorer we have..just a lot of praying needed.

7. RetreadFC

RetreadFC Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Oshawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just hope they win the game, and go into the season on some sort of high note. But no, I can't see where four goals can come from.

nfitz repped this.
  8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
  9. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    I was referring to matches at our BMO Field in Toronto. It was indeed colder for that February 20 2018 Champions League match in Denver than the 2016 MLS cup in Toronto. Apparently the coldest game for MLS teams ever at -16°C at kickoff - https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/co...teams-toronto-ices-colorado-3-degree-weather/

Toronto's weather shattered the BMO Field records last week with -10°C at kickoff and through the game, and -16°C to -17°C with the windchill - but it wasn't as cold as Denver!

Might have been the coldest ever for a Central American squad though.

Perhaps I should be happy Toronto is out - it was even colder last night! Though I wore more layers last week than at MLS Cup, and didn't feel as cold!

10. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Now that TFC are out, this thread has run its course. Time to close.