Anyone Notice Becks Today?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RossUSA, Feb 9, 2008.

1. RossUSA

RossUSA New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Anaheim Hills
    So, today I was at the HDC changing my season seat location from last year, (my time was 11:00AM), when I entered the stadium with everyone else, I noticed that there were a few cameras behind the goal and on the halfway line, so after I'm done picking my seats. I'm just about to leave, when I look down, and see 5 camera guys talking to some blond hair guy, I thought to myself, "nah, it can't be", I walk down to the bottom and find out it's Anderson Cooper, the CNN reporter, then a fellow fan tells me he's going to interview Beckham, so I sit around and wait, then 15 minutes later he walks out, there's just me and some family with their kids. Anderson and the crew interview Beckham for a while in the penalty area, and you're not super close to them so you can't make everything out. Beckham ends up taking free kicks with Anderson, sometimes into an empty net, sometimes with Anderson trying to save them but to no avail, then I notice it's 1:00, and that is when the next group comes in. The clock strikes 1:00, the people go through security and walk in, when they first come in, some see the people on the field with Beckham taking free kicks, some just walk to the seats to select their new ones, but for those who even saw Becks taking free kicks couldn't make out it was him, like I said, you're not super close so you can't make it out unless you know, and they didn't, I just thought it was funny knowing he was there and none of them knew.

Anyway, anyone else go and see him by accident?

2. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I saw him aswell and he was doing an interview for " CBS 60 minutes" airdate is still undetermined but I am pretty sure we will know pretty soon.

3. Houndog5

Houndog5 New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Burbank
    we noticed him as well when we walked in with the 1 pm group... we headed over to our seats near the tunnel and he met us there as if he was waiting for our arrival... my son was beside himself... we walked down to the fence and he came over and signed some things for about 15 people and took a few pictures... the funniest thing about it all was that nobody was prepared for it and most had nothing to get signed... my son was luckily wearing a riot squad t-shirt and got that signed... now he'll never want it washed...haha

awesome day at the HDC

4. khrizgalaxy

khrizgalaxy New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    david is cool

5. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    I am amazed he has time for soccer.

Isnt he too busy to be bothered with Galaxy stuff with his scheduled appearances at the Grammy's and on his wife's Spice tour?

6. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone notice him at the trainning on 2/8 he was out there for like 30 mins and left, what the hell is all that about?

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you're complaining about something that happened 11 days ago? You are really on top of things, aren't you?

8. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah im really on top of things that i just remembered and didnt think needed its own topic. ya you got me

9. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    lol, kinda funny, anybody bitching that David doesn't do enough media because he doesn't go on POS Fox Football Fone-in. It's called wide-spread media attention people!

10. giantswan

giantswan New Member

Feb 20, 2008
  11. giantswan

giantswan New Member

Feb 20, 2008
  12. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
  13. Larry819

Larry819 New Member

May 25, 2006
    San Bernardino, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is off topic, but....
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=518401&cc=5901

Report: Beckham has option to buy Galaxy
    Associated Press

CARSON, Calif. -- David Beckham has an option to buy the L.A. Galaxy when his five-year Los Angeles Galaxy contract expires after the 2011 season, according to a CBS "60 Minutes" profile scheduled to air Sunday.

The program was to report the option was granted to the 32-year-old midfielder and his manager, Simon Fuller.

"We don't comment on rumor or speculation," Simon Oliveira, Beckham's spokesman, said Thursday in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "David's focus at present is on playing for the Galaxy and his country."

Beckham, who joined the Galaxy last season, could make his 100th international appearance for England in next week's friendly at France. The Galaxy opens the MLS season March 29 at Colorado.

Neither the league nor the Galaxy would comment.

"Our policy is we don't comment on potential owners of Major League Soccer teams," MLS spokesman Dan Courtemanche said. "Ultimately, if individuals or groups are interested in purchasing a Major League Soccer team, it's their option whether or not they want to express it publicly. We're a private company, and those matters remain private."

Beckham signed a five-year contract that pays him $5.5 million annually, plus a share of revenues from ticket, merchandise and concessions sales. Limited by injuries, Beckham played eight MLS and tournament games in his first season with the Galaxy, getting one goal and three assists while making four starts.